Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:11 am 

187ums wrote:
So JD you think the report is biased and fixed? I think you might have bitten off more than you can chew on this one.........

I said it is flawed, I don't recall using the words biased and fixed.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:26 am 

Who the f u c k does JD think he is? What right does he have to criticise the Jacob's report for making suppositions and basing findings on errors, when his methodology is highly suspect and uses his own suppositions.
The conclusion of the Jacob's report that there is no unmet demand is valid as anyone living and working in Edinburgh is well aware. yes there are always the morons that say there are not enough taxis - they're usually the ones that want a taxi at peak, and only, peak times.
I don't know what con trick JD is using to trick hotel staff into giving him their opinion, but no doubt it will be some dishonesty going by the way that he is trying to manipulate his findings to fit in with his own beliefs of numerical derestriction.
Christ, this site is flawed enough without him making it worse.
The fact is that he must be a really sad [edited by admin] poking his nose in to matters about which he knows absolutely nothing and believing all that skull and his band of arselicking f uckwipes tell him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:46 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
Who the f u c k does JD think he is? What right does he have to criticise the Jacob's report for making suppositions and basing findings on errors, when his methodology is highly suspect and uses his own suppositions.
The conclusion of the Jacob's report that there is no unmet demand is valid as anyone living and working in Edinburgh is well aware. yes there are always the morons that say there are not enough taxis - they're usually the ones that want a taxi at peak, and only, peak times.
I don't know what con trick JD is using to trick hotel staff into giving him their opinion, but no doubt it will be some dishonesty going by the way that he is trying to manipulate his findings to fit in with his own beliefs of numerical derestriction.
The fact is that he must be a really sad bar-steward poking his nose in to matters about which he knows absolutely nothing and believing all that skull and his band of arselicking f uckwipes tell him.

Coward, when are we going to meet? Seems JD has got you worried and rightly so.

No wonder you are all bent out of shape wait till you see whats coming next? :badgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:05 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
The conclusion of the Jacob's report that there is no unmet demand is valid as anyone living and working in Edinburgh is well aware. yes there are always the morons that say there are not enough taxis

Jacob's report says they think there is no SUD. But give flawed data to back that statement up. :shock:

Only the truely stupid would welcome that. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:06 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
The fact is that he must be a really sad bar-steward poking his nose in to matters about which he knows absolutely nothing and believing all that skull and his band of arselicking f uckwipes tell him.

A case methinks of the truth hurting. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:27 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
yes there are always the morons that say there are not enough taxis - they're usually the ones that want a taxi at peak, and only, peak times.

What is more significant, a lone female waiting for a cab at 3.00pm, or a lone female waiting for a cab at 3.00am? :-k

Post subject: Edinburgh, Jacobs report
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:38 am 
Keep up the good work, JD !!!
As Mr Jones in " Dads Army " said - " They don't like it up 'em!!!!! "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:21 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ah fook sake ma side are sore from laughing
pull it together man :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:42 am 

strange that a multi national company paid tens of thousands of pounds doesnt care about its reputation one jot and will do what the client asks regardless?
and yet a taxi driver can collate more information over a period of days and show this multinationals report to be found seriuosly wanting.
one wonders what jacobs would do if they knew thier reputation was about to be questioned???
perhaps this report will be revisited sooner than anyone thinks and the new data put in? :wink: and the flawed data taken out
btw jd having worked for most radio companies over the years i would say that about 35% -40% of work is radio work hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:58 am 

2. Apex International Hotel
3. Balmoral, The
10. Caledonian Hilton
13. Christopher North Hotel
17. Edinburgh Marriott Hotel
19. Hilton Edinburgh Airport
20. Holiday Inn Edinburgh
21. Hotel Ibis
23. InterContinental The George
24. Jurys Inn Edinburgh
25. Learmonth Ramada Jarvis
26. Macdonald Holyrood
27. Malmaison
28. Marriott Dalmahoy & Country Club
29. Norton House Hotel
30. Novotel Edinburgh Centre
32. Old Waverley Hotel, The
34. Point, The
35. Quality Hotel Edinburgh Airport
38. Royal Terrace Hotel, The
39. Scotsman, The
40. Travel Inn City Centre Metro
someone from edinburgh want to tell me if these hotels aint the majors
highlighted ones are the first ones any one would think of asking
correct me if im wrong???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:02 am 

i know a few of the big hotels on this list were not, and are not happy with the service the recieve,having changed contracts several times in the past becouse of poor service I:E lack of taxi's when they need them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:32 am 

when you calculate the times of admitted sud in edinburgh.
I:e rush hours, festivals, fri sat night, etc
you wouldnt believe the actual figuires of sud dont forget this is known and admitted sud,admitted by all as peak sud that includes you realcabforce/forum/farce
3 hours per day rush hours

7 hours both fri sat nights

festival

you tell me! i worked at differant times both day and night this festival and always found sud at street & rank! i never stopped?
so that will be almost 3 weeks of constant sud

chrissy and new year
at leat two weeks of sud

havent really given this much time as i can see the answer is somthing like 25%-30% sud
and lets not forget all the variuos other events edinburgh host
you tell me is thier sud in edinburgh???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:44 am 

am i right in thinking these surveys look for sud,establish the precence of peak sud and then ignore it becouse its peak sud and shouldnt count??
strange one that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:58 am 

well had good news today seems the council are bowing to the pressure and all the applicants will be recieving and i quote "sympathetic response"
wonder why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:05 pm 

RealCabforce wrote:

You are quite at liberty to point out any errors I have made? The difference between Jacobs and myself is that I pursue the facts and they pursue the agenda of Edinburgh council.

I think there is one thing you should know about this website before we go any further and that is, TDO has always pursued the "Facts and the Truth" no matter who gets injured along the way and what's more it always will do. We do not devote countless hours of our time and resources just to pat the trade on the back and say well done keep up the good work. If we feel the truth and facts are being buried or misrepresented then TDO will always endeavour to make sure the facts are known.

TDO makes no apology for highlighting discrepancies in survey reports, this website holds the belief along with the OFT and many others that surveys are flawed and are nearly always manipulated to achieve the result that the survey commissioner desires. We on TDO were dissecting surveys long before Edinburgh came along. The problem you have is that you don't like the truth.

When the truth doesn't suite, you are quite happy to bury it.

Jacobs said Edinburgh Radio Jobs amount to 7,750 per week. The actual amount is over 45,000.

The other day you boasted you know all about the Edinburgh Taxi trade, I'm beginning to doubt you were ever in the Edinburgh Taxi trade.

Quote:
The conclusion of the Jacob's report that there is no unmet demand is valid as anyone living and working in Edinburgh is well aware.

I'm not remotely interested about whether or not unmet demand does or does not exist in Edinburgh. My interest lies in evidence being portrayed as fact and a council administering its duty under the law. When a council decides on a policy and it needs a special report to sustain that policy then it should make every effort to make sure that the report is accurate and factual. I am sure you agree with that. When the report is found to be inaccurate then no matter what the inaccuracies are that report is flawed.

If you were in a court of law and the opposing side presented evidence that was flawed you would no doubt expect the bench to throw that evidence out would you not?

Quote:
yes there are always the morons that say there are not enough taxis - they're usually the ones that want a taxi at peak, and only, peak times.

My oh my, I can see you have a dark side. You can always phone these hotels up yourself and ask them what con tricks JD used to get them to divulge the information of whether or not they have a direct line to a Taxi or Private hire company? It is hardly a top-secret information?

I must inform everyone that has read the Jacobs report that the names in the first field to the left-hand side of the Table of Hotels are the names of the contact person. It will interest you to know that Jacobs contacted these people by telephone and what's more they were either the concierge or the receptionist. So now you know why they only contacted eight hotels out of the hundred plus in Edinburgh, it is because they were concerned about their telephone bill.

At least three of those persons contacted no longer work at the Hotels in question. Their names are Minna, Holiday Inn, David Black, Macdonald Roxburgh and Charlene, The Glasshouse hotel.

Of the others The Sheraton Hotel has never heard of Alan Down, perhaps the next time you guys in Edinburgh are at the Sheraton you might wish to enquire about Mr Down because it seems he is a mystery man. There is an Alan Brown but I spoke to him and he has never heard of Jacobs and they certainly didn't contact him about a Taxi survey. So there you have it.

Quote:

I don't think there is any need to resort to this kind of language, do you? It really does you no favours and just highlights the fact that at times you have a propensity to explode into rages of anger.

Regards

JD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 34  Next