Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:41 pm 

Skull wrote:
Edinburgh Council vs. 3Maxblack

Edinburgh Council have been the granted a period of extension up to 31 October 2005.

I haven’t got the court judgement yet but it appears to be a very lengthy document 25-30 pages long.

I will update you on our next move it might be subject to the Coyle and Dundee cases. I suspect the CEC will attempt to deny all the applications on the bases of the Jacobs Report regardless of the fact they had no up to date information at the time the applications fell.

The next major problem for the Council is that they have to give everyone a public hearing to present their case and to give grounds as to why they intend to refuse the licence plates. This is an opportunity ask some very awkward questions i.e. Jacobs Report, PHC increase, Plate Value etc. This also brings into question the List of Interested Parties which is another sore point. They will be refused the opportunity of a licence plate after waiting as much as 15 years while the PHC are going on up to 25 a month.

All the information will be scrutinised and place in the public domain with the potential of being presented before a Sheriff if the case arises.

CEC have bought a 3 month stay of execution depending on whether or not there will be any future challenges.
:wink:

What you don't want to do is let CEC dictate the agenda. I think you should seriously consider appealing this decision. Your case will ultimately be decided at the court of session so you might as well go there sooner rather than later. Whatever the court of session decides seals your fate one way or the other. Doing nothing is not an option.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:51 pm 

JD wrote:
Skull wrote:
Edinburgh Council vs. 3Maxblack

Edinburgh Council have been the granted a period of extension up to 31 October 2005.

I haven’t got the court judgement yet but it appears to be a very lengthy document 25-30 pages long.

I will update you on our next move it might be subject to the Coyle and Dundee cases. I suspect the CEC will attempt to deny all the applications on the bases of the Jacobs Report regardless of the fact they had no up to date information at the time the applications fell.

The next major problem for the Council is that they have to give everyone a public hearing to present their case and to give grounds as to why they intend to refuse the licence plates. This is an opportunity ask some very awkward questions i.e. Jacobs Report, PHC increase, Plate Value etc. This also brings into question the List of Interested Parties which is another sore point. They will be refused the opportunity of a licence plate after waiting as much as 15 years while the PHC are going on up to 25 a month.

All the information will be scrutinised and place in the public domain with the potential of being presented before a Sheriff if the case arises.

CEC have bought a 3 month stay of execution depending on whether or not there will be any future challenges.
:wink:

What you don't want to do is let CEC dictate the agenda. I think you should seriously consider appealing this decision. Your case will ultimately be decided at the court of session so you might as well go there sooner rather than later. Whatever the court of session decides seals your fate one way or the other. Doing nothing is not an option.

Regards

JD

We have to see what the judgement said before we can truly assess the situation?

The council have got a stay of execution but to what extent this affects the trade I don't know. I do know however this just opened another can of worms.

I think the applicants on the List of Interested Parties will be sorely pressed to accept that there is no unmet demand while watching the PHC running amok. Not to mention the £45,000 price tag on a plate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:08 pm 

Skull wrote:
RealCabforce Wrote:

Most Taxi drivers in Edinburgh and several legal opinions agree that Edinburgh council has adhered to the law.

Absolute rubbish, no information was produced in court that CEC had monitored demand other than a few stance surveys a bout 3 years ago.

They claimed that the Taxi Monitors report showed that there was no demand for taxis because no one had applied bearing in mind they operated a policy to turn people away.

These current applicants seem to think that the current buzzphrase of "proving no significant unmet demand" is the all of everything. The vast majority do realise that demand has been monitored continuously by the appointed taxi monitor. Although skull and his sidekicks belittle those reports, they are nonetheless valid assessments of demand on a monthly basis.

No valid assessments of any kind were carried out from one month to the next. Nothing produced in Court.

What some may not know is that Skull has a long history of troublemaking. He has publicly stated that he is not a violent person, but privately he boasts of a violent past.

15 Years as a Taxi driver and not one customer complaint, speaks for itself.

We are expected to believe that his correspondence with the HSE about the safety of the TX1's wheelchair facilities is the first time that it has been raised yet similar ramps etc have been in use since around 1986/7 with the advent of the Metrocab and Fairway. He consistently refused to accept any wheelchair bound passengers on the grounds of a non-existent health & safety assessment. And shouted long & loud about unfair treatment.

CEC and the HSE have my risk assessment carried out as per HSE instructions.

Similarly he demands a plate for no other reason than to sell it, failing to realise that if the council grants these licences, there will be a clamour from the 110 applicants waiting for over 10 years. Common sense dictates that, as the council do not eat, sleep & drink taxis, they will simply remove the nuisance and de-restrict numbers, thus wiping out any plate value at a stroke.

More s**t. What I have maintained all along is that I will do what ever the situation dictates.

At first, that may appear alright, but if you have 3,000 drivers on 3,000 taxis you will not have the 24 hour coverage nor the modern vehicles that we have at present. I can run a new taxi, change it every 3 years and the overheads of HP,Insurance, licensing & maintenance amount to c£280 per week (this excludes any radio dues, if an owner should joins a circuit.)

Does any one else want to answer this clown?

Now either add on a radio fee of at least £80 per week or take off the rental income from a driver and everyone ends up paying more or driving around in older, less-well maintained taxis. These figures do not include any repayments on loans to buy plates.

Diatribe!

There is a strong case for restricting phc licences, given the conduct of a large number in Edinburgh who blatantly break laws and licensing conditions with impunity.

So we actually recognise that the PHC exist, you might want to tell Jim Muldoon Chairman of the Scottish Taxi Federation he says they don’t.

Tighter regulation would benefit all of us - phc included. As would ridding out trade of parasites!!

Give me the plates and I'm gone! :badgrin:

AYE, MORE PROOF THAT THERE IS NO POINT IN TRYING TO ENGAGE YOU OR ANY OF YOUR FELLOW PARASITES IN ANY KIND OF DISCUSSION ON THE TAXI TRADE, OH AND BTW, LOST AGAIN!!!! OH DEAR NEVER MIND, TRY AGAIN LATER!!! AND IF ANYONE HERE THINKS THIS LOT WILL GO TO THE COURT OF SESSION YOU ARE MAKING THE MISTAKE OF BELIEVING THAT THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING MORE THAN JUST TRYING TO LINE THEIR GRUBBY POCKETS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:17 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:18 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
i am without a shadow of a doubt the biggest dickhead in edinburgh
Skull wrote:
RealCabforce Wrote:

Most Taxi drivers in Edinburgh and several legal opinions agree that Edinburgh council has adhered to the law.

Absolute rubbish, no information was produced in court that CEC had monitored demand other than a few stance surveys a bout 3 years ago.

They claimed that the Taxi Monitors report showed that there was no demand for taxis because no one had applied bearing in mind they operated a policy to turn people away.

These current applicants seem to think that the current buzzphrase of "proving no significant unmet demand" is the all of everything. The vast majority do realise that demand has been monitored continuously by the appointed taxi monitor. Although skull and his sidekicks belittle those reports, they are nonetheless valid assessments of demand on a monthly basis.

No valid assessments of any kind were carried out from one month to the next. Nothing produced in Court.

What some may not know is that Skull has a long history of troublemaking. He has publicly stated that he is not a violent person, but privately he boasts of a violent past.

15 Years as a Taxi driver and not one customer complaint, speaks for itself.

We are expected to believe that his correspondence with the HSE about the safety of the TX1's wheelchair facilities is the first time that it has been raised yet similar ramps etc have been in use since around 1986/7 with the advent of the Metrocab and Fairway. He consistently refused to accept any wheelchair bound passengers on the grounds of a non-existent health & safety assessment. And shouted long & loud about unfair treatment.

CEC and the HSE have my risk assessment carried out as per HSE instructions.

Similarly he demands a plate for no other reason than to sell it, failing to realise that if the council grants these licences, there will be a clamour from the 110 applicants waiting for over 10 years. Common sense dictates that, as the council do not eat, sleep & drink taxis, they will simply remove the nuisance and de-restrict numbers, thus wiping out any plate value at a stroke.

More s**t. What I have maintained all along is that I will do what ever the situation dictates.

At first, that may appear alright, but if you have 3,000 drivers on 3,000 taxis you will not have the 24 hour coverage nor the modern vehicles that we have at present. I can run a new taxi, change it every 3 years and the overheads of HP,Insurance, licensing & maintenance amount to c£280 per week (this excludes any radio dues, if an owner should joins a circuit.)

Does any one else want to answer this clown?

Now either add on a radio fee of at least £80 per week or take off the rental income from a driver and everyone ends up paying more or driving around in older, less-well maintained taxis. These figures do not include any repayments on loans to buy plates.

Diatribe!

There is a strong case for restricting phc licences, given the conduct of a large number in Edinburgh who blatantly break laws and licensing conditions with impunity.

So we actually recognise that the PHC exist, you might want to tell Jim Muldoon Chairman of the Scottish Taxi Federation he says they don’t.

Tighter regulation would benefit all of us - phc included. As would ridding out trade of parasites!!

Give me the plates and I'm gone! :badgrin:

AYE, MORE PROOF THAT THERE IS NO POINT IN TRYING TO ENGAGE YOU OR ANY OF YOUR FELLOW PARASITES IN ANY KIND OF DISCUSSION ON THE TAXI TRADE, OH AND BTW, LOST AGAIN!!!! OH DEAR NEVER MIND, TRY AGAIN LATER!!! AND IF ANYONE HERE THINKS THIS LOT WILL GO TO THE COURT OF SESSION YOU ARE MAKING THE MISTAKE OF BELIEVING THAT THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING MORE THAN JUST TRYING TO LINE THEIR GRUBBY POCKETS.
ill take money on us going to the court of session dick head.
they've only been given an extension so they can refuse us ,then they fall fowl to the coyle/dundee cases.
tidey's things up from alegal point of view it aint over yet should have saved yer gloting till later baldy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:25 pm 

Such a wonderful reply you had to say it twice, and btw yet again,I will say the same to you as I said to your sidekick!!, "Pack in the vile private messages, you are scaring no one! and you are only making yourself look smaller and more stupid than you already have".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:36 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
Such a wonderful reply you had to say it twice, and btw yet again,I will say the same to you as I said to your sidekick!!, "Pack in the vile private messages, you are scaring no one! and you are only making yourself look smaller and more stupid than you already have".

said what twice? you make less sense everytime you open that mouth of yours .
and what private messages.didnt you try that lie before on fastblacks
remeber how bad i made you look then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:41 pm 

ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:

said what twice you make less sense everytime you open that mouth of yours .
remeber how bad i made you look then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately you are caught out lying yet AGAIN, if you look closely at your post (remember to wipe the steam off your specs) it is quite clear you have just edited them and if anyone would like a copy of the threats I am receiving from these two at the moment feel free to ask and I will send copy of them, UNEDITED.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:45 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
ALI T wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:

said what twice you make less sense everytime you open that mouth of yours .

Unfortunately you are caught out lying yet AGAIN, if you look closely at your post (remember to wipe the steam off your specs) it is quite clear you have just edited them and if anyone would like a copy of the threats I am receiving from these two at the moment feel free to ask and I will send copy of them, UNEDITED.
wooooeee
were all interested go on then post away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:47 pm 

youll be running to tell teacher next or the cab inspector/council you really are a silly little boy:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:50 pm 

ALI T wrote:
youll be running to tell teacher next or the cab inspector/council you really are a silly little boy:lol: :lol: :lol:

Could this be an ADMISSION at long last? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:52 pm 

From my limited knowledge of what has happened, I think the Sheriff has bottled it and has passed the buck to her bosses.

I still think that as the Dundee case has so many similarities to this case, the applicants really can't fail to win.

But I'm hundreds of miles away from the action, and know nothing. :-$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:54 pm 

yes by you of what you are

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:01 pm 

sussex
we should have the judgement tommorow
then its back to the lawers after weve looked it over :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:33 am 

The judgement is 25-30 pages long and encompasses the whole legal argument including the Coyle and Dundee cases. The period of time might or might not be beneficial to the Council in respect to how the sheriff has assessed the situation in its entirety. Until we are privy to all the information who knows?

What I do know is that it only makes the situation worse for all concerned any chance of avoiding derestriction is diminishing. The longer this goes on the worse it gets. The council are faced with being dragged into a public forum and humiliated in front of the press and now there are others who are taking up the fight also.

If this goes on de-restriction might be the only way for the council to resolve the situation.

Once again this situation is not of my making the Council should have granted the plates first time round. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next