Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Trafford
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:14 am 

Trafford could be the latest council to fall foul of applying quantity controls without having a recent unmet demand survey. They last conducted a survey in 2001 and their intention is to survey in 2006. They recently refused an application for multiple licenses and the aggrieved applicant is now appealing to the Crown court.

Trafford intend to rely on their 2001 survey to resist the appeal.

According to Trafford council court proceedings are listed for October 2005.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:38 pm 
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:01 am 

Mr T - is their going to be enough work for all these additional Taxis's? is Manchester going to grow so massive? Could someone please explain how Manchester works?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:07 am 

187ums wrote:
Mr T - is their going to be enough work for all these additional Taxis's? is Manchester going to grow so massive? Could someone please explain how Manchester works?

Does it really matter how Manchester works or what explanation you get from Mr. T or anyone else for that matter?

What you are saying is “how long will it be before my plate is worthless” and, will I have the time to pay it off. And, how am I going to reinvent myself as a man of substance a pillar of the community, someone to be respected and looked up to? The shame of it all, one month a highly respected taxi Baron the next a nobody.

You’re going to have to think of something else to blow about when you are on holiday now. No more casually slipping the plate value into the conversation anymore, shame, just when you thought you were someone as well.

Life is hard, I don’t envy you.
:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Your just not up to this old chum? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:09 pm 

MR T wrote:
J.D..I believe that Manchester is about to release 122 plates over the next 12 months , and then 40 per year within its managed growth policy, do you think this is right or should they totally unlimit. I am not taking the michael, just interested in your point of view. mrT... :wink:

Who told you Manchester is issuing 122 plates in the next 12 months and then 40 each year?

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:55 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:10 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:48 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:00 pm 

MR T wrote:
:wink: G.SI, M.T.O.A..MR.T.. :wink:950 NOW+122=1072 IF I AM RIGHT :wink:

When did he tell you that?

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:01 pm 

MR T wrote:
Skull wrote:
187ums wrote:

Does it really matter how Manchester works or what explanation you get from Mr. T or anyone else for that matter?

What you are saying is “how long will it be before my plate is worthless” and, will I have the time to pay it off. And, how am I going to reinvent myself as a man of substance a pillar of the community, someone to be respected and looked up to? The shame of it all, one month a highly respected taxi Baron the next a nobody.

You’re going to have to think of something else to blow about when you are on holiday now. No more casually slipping the plate value into the conversation anymore, shame, just when you thought you were someone as well.

Life is hard, I don’t envy you.
:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Your just not up to this old chum? :wink:

SKULL..

You do youself no justice, by comments like this, they just go to show the way you would behave in his circumstances......I have come to expect more of you than this. I believe you care about your/my trade.....mrT.. eusasmiles.zip . eusasmiles.zip

On the contrary Mr. T I would not behave in this manner nor would I get myself into these circumstances. People like 187ums find themselves exactly where they should be and that’s the truth of it.

I do care about the trade but only for those who are prepared to face the truth of the situation and this is not my truth it’s just “the truth”. As I have said before if people want to step forward to the line and take control of their own trade I am all for it, but I will not allow myself to be subjected to the puerile rants symptomatic of the cabby disease, “ignorance”.

By the way 187ums tried to attack me on another post, you have obviously not seen the comments he made.

If 187ums is up to the psychological warfare aspect of posting on here then you should let him find it out for himself.

I think you will agree that we all know the people on this forum who can take it up a level if the case need be, respect and quarters are give accordingly.
:-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:33 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:42 pm 

JD how does it work in Manchester? are you going to be able to sustain all these extra plates? where is the work going to come from? what will happen to your plate value?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:56 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:42 pm 

MR T wrote:
:wink: G.SI, M.T.O.A..MR.T.. :wink:950 NOW+122=1072 IF I AM RIGHT :wink:

Morse code on TDO. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:17 pm