Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Teignbridge
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm 

Teignbrige have completed their unmet demand survey which shows no significant unmet demand.

The survey will go before the committee on the 8/9 August. I understand there is no formal report being presented to the committee which is unusual so it may be the case that a decision will be made entirely on the survey contents.

91 Authorities out of the 144 that were originaly highlighted by the DFT as restricting numbers have made a decision on their policy. Added to the 91 authorities are those 6 authorities that have re regulated since the statistics of 2002 were published. This makes a total of 150 authorities and ammends the figure of decision making authorities from 91 to 97.

The percentage of the 91 Authorities that have voted to remove restrictions on the advice of the Government is 44 or 48.35%.

The percentage of the 91 Authorities that have voted to retain restrictions on the advice of the Government is 47 or 51.65%.

By adding the 6 authorities that re regulated numbers to the 47 Authorities that have voted to retain restrictions on the advice of the Government gives a total 53 or 54%

This shows that there is very little difference in those licensing authorities that have so far lifted numbers control and those that haven't.

If the current trend continued then the final figures would read

70 councils removing numbers control or 46.66% and 80 councils or 53.33 retaining numbers control.

This would mean that in England and Wales 23.3% of councils would still retain numbers and 76.7% would not.

It would also mean a reduction of nearly 50% in those authorities that previously restricted numbers since the T&G and the NTA informed the Government and councils that councils are best placed to determine their own Taxi policy.

It would appear that councils have listened to the wishes of both the T&G and NTA and did exactly as they suggested.

Regards

JD

Post subject: Re: Teignbridge
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:55 pm 

JD wrote:

70 councils removing numbers control or 46.66% and 80 councils or 53.33 retaining numbers control.

This would mean that in England and Wales 23.3% of councils would still retain numbers and 76.7% would not.

It would also mean a reduction of nearly 50% in those authorities that previously restricted numbers since the T&G and the NTA informed the Government and councils that councils are best placed to determine their own Taxi policy.

It will also mean that in two years time when the Gov/OFT have another look, it will be a lot easier to de-limit the last remaining bastions of taxi quotas. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:59 pm 
JD wrote:
It would appear that councils have listened to the wishes of both the T&G and NTA and did exactly as they suggested.

they thought they were being clever but they have opened up a fat can of worms.
useless the pair of them. f*****g usless. :sad:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:40 pm 
Sussex wrote:
JD wrote:

It will also mean that in two years time when the Gov/OFT have another look, it will be a lot easier to de-limit the last remaining bastions of taxi quotas. :D
So you say......mr T

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:04 pm 

MR T wrote:
So you say......mr T

No not what I say, what the DfT say. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:45 pm 
Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:
So you say......mr T

No not what I say, what the DfT say. :wink:

And how many meetings have you had with them???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.....p.s. pigs can fly.... :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:55 am 

MR T wrote:
And how many meetings have you had with them???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:.....p.s. pigs can fly.... :roll: :roll:

I have had no meetings with them I don't need to.

All I need to do is read their guidance, and the way countless councils have followed it.

In other words I base my view on what is happening in the real world, not the imaginary T&G/NTA one. :-$

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:35 am 
Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:

I have had no meetings with them I don't need to.

All I need to do is read their guidance, and the way countless councils have followed it.

In other words I base my view on what is happening in the real world, not the imaginary T&G/NTA one. :-$

Sussex You seem to worry an awful lot about the N.T.A. and theT&G, you mention them all the time ,
On a personall lever it does not matter to me what happenens,I will be o/k so in a way I almost wish that you get your way,for I know that it will do you know good :oops:

This is part of your future.....what is to come www.iccrosby.co.uk. go to local news delta on the move, :roll: :roll: mrT.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:52 pm 

Delta on the move Jul 7 2005

By Ashley Gray, Crosby Herald

DELTA Taxis are planning a multi-million pound move to a new purpose-built headquarters in Bootle - making it the 'most advanced taxi firm in the world.'

But, the family-run company founded in 1968 says its links with Crosby will continue.

The firm says it has outgrown the control room and offices in Moor Lane, Crosby village, after a boom in custom over the last few years which has seen annual turnover top £4m.

It is now the biggest private hire firm in Merseyside and possibly the UK.

The firm wants to build a £3.5m head office and garages close to the Strand shopping centre, Bootle, and scale back operations in Crosby.

It currently employs 100 people at two sites at Glenn Buildings in Crosby village and at garages in Mersey Road, Blundellsands.

Director Paul McLaughlin said: "We have outgrown the premises here and can't physically fit any more people into the office.

"We want to keep pushing on for more customers and more drivers and continue to grow."

Delta has used a hi-tech radio system to keep ahead of its competitors.

It invested £500,000 in 1998 to fit cars with global positioning systems (GPS) and hook them up to a computer system tracking how close vehicles are to customers.

An automated service now takes 40 per cent of all bookings without customers having to talk to operators

Delta plans to install a new £1.5m system as part of the move which Mr McLaughlin thinks could be unrivalled anywhere in the world.

He said: "I have seen control centres in may countries and I think this has got to be the most advanced in the world."

Delta bought the former James Welsh and Sons vehicle repair site, between Strand Road and the Leeds-Liverpool canal in Bootle in January.

It has made a planning application to build a distinctive two-storey block with workshop, storage and garage facilities on the ground floor with offices and a call centre above.

It will be closed to the public, taking bookings only by phone, and drivers are expected to visit less because of new technology to take and make payments.

The Crosby office would remain open for administration and to take bookings in person.

Sefton Council's planning committee are expected to consider the plans at the end of the month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:53 pm 

TDO wrote:

DELTA Taxis are planning a multi-million pound move to a new purpose-built headquarters in Bootle - making it the 'most advanced taxi firm in the world.'

Funny that Sefton also has a medieval licensing system for taxis :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:19 pm 

MR T wrote:
Sussex You seem to worry an awful lot about the N.T.A. and theT&G, you mention them all the time.

Being as this is a taxi/PH forum, and those showers of s*** are meant to be representing us, if I don't keep mentioning exactly how bad they are, then good folk will join them and not even my worst enemy deserves such a fate. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:37 pm 
Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:
Sussex You seem to worry an awful lot about the N.T.A. and theT&G, you mention them all the time.

Being as this is a taxi/PH forum, and those showers of s*** are meant to be representing us, if I don't keep mentioning exactly how bad they are, then good folk will join them and not even my worst enemy deserves such a fate. :wink:

So you are a member then...?mr T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:46 pm 
TDO wrote:
TDO wrote:

Funny that Sefton also has a medieval licensing system for taxis :lol:

YES I suppose you are right, Now then let's see where we are going wrong.
1 All monies that are paid for licences stay in the taxi department and are not used to fund other licencing e.g.door men ..street traders and so on.
licence fees 140 pounds and 25 pounds for test fee.

2 You argue that limos should be licenced....we already do and landaus.

3 No having to wait for cabs to be tested, just take them in on the day.

4 200wheelchair taxis ..150 tx1s or 2s,50 driver cabs and 70 cars..

5 No waiting when doing the paper work, just go in and in 30 minutes it's all done

6 New office in Southport by the end of the year...2 offices in all.

7 4 Enforcement officers, 2 on days and 2 on nights.

8 All drivers represented at council meetings, hackney drivers , private hire drivers,hackney owners, private hire owners and me, liaison meetings with council on a regular basis.

9 Meeting with the licencing committee once a year to make sure that there are no complaints about how the taxi office is being run.

10 We are cheaper than most areas, but seem to be doing better than a lot of others??

11 As you can see we , we have to compete with the biggest private hire fleet in the country, but we're still here,

12 Survey every 5 years paid for by the hackney and private hire, 2 pounds on every licence ,no waiting list , we work on managed growth, everyone is included,"seen all the cons with waiting lists".

And I could go on, but as you say we do get it wrong, don't we?
One last thing, last week there was a meeting with the management of De*** and members of the private hire from across the country, getting together to make one big p/h co??.
big fish eat little fish... :lol: mrT....P.S..WERE ARE YOU.or is that a secret.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:21 am 

MR T wrote:

11 As you can see we , we have to compete with the biggest private hire fleet in the country, but we're still here,

How many cars has this outfit got,?

Quote:
12 Survey every 5 years paid for by the hackney and private hire,

Someone may well challenge that five year survey eventually, if indeed it is five years.

Quote:
And I could go on, but as you say we do get it wrong, don't we?
One last thing, last week there was a meeting with the management of De*** and members of the private hire from across the country, getting together to make one big p/h co??.
big fish eat little fish... :lol: mrT....P.S..WERE ARE YOU.or is that a secret.?

What private hire members might that be then? Let me guess, you haven't a clue?

This outfit better hope sefton don't lift numbers or they will be right in the chit. You might find the owners who are pressently driving for Delta may get hackney licenses and set up their own radio circuit then tell Delta to go stuff their radio. What's Delta going to do with no drivers?

A private hire firm is only as good as the drivers who keep it afloat, you might do well remembering that.

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:32 am 

MR T wrote:
12 Survey every 5 years paid for by the hackney and private hire, 2 pounds on every licence ,no waiting list , we work on managed growth, everyone is included,"seen all the cons with waiting lists".

Sums up your manor to a tee. :shock:

Your council is charging the PH trade for something that has f*** all to do with them. Exactly where in sec 16 does it mentions PH demand? :?

Taxi SUD surveys are exactly that, surveys into taxi demand. And your council expect the PH trade to dip into their pockets to subsidise taxi quotas. [-(

Confirmation if any was required that those representing real drivers, not the pretend ones like you, are indeed a shower of s***. :shock: