Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Eastbourne
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:37 pm 

Last year (as we all know) the DfT asked councils to only restrict if they can justify the reasons for it. Those justifications must show that punters would be worse off if a council ends taxi quotas.

I wonder how Eastbourne will respond to that if they don't de-limit next week, when their report says they can't think of any reasons? :D

http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/reports/do ... ort~01.htm

Post subject: Re: Eastbourne
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:02 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Last year (as we all know) the DfT asked councils to only restrict if they can justify the reasons for it. Those justifications must show that punters would be worse off if a council ends taxi quotas.

I wonder how Eastbourne will respond to that if they don't de-limit next week, when their report says they can't think of any reasons? :D

http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/reports/do ... ort~01.htm

Both the Bradford and Easbourne reports are well balanced Paul Mills and Doug Lindsay respectively deserve a lot of credit for their input into these reports.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:05 pm 

Hmm...looks like the Eastbourne PH trade have been pretty persuasive in their arguments to the council. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:54 am 

I've just had it confirmed that the committee have gone for a £25,000 survey. To be paid for by the 80 odd HC plate holders. They didn't even vote for the option of making any new plates WAVs. :shock:

You may like to know that also a fair degree of scare mongering was put forward by the likes of the T&G :^o and the NTA :^o .

According to the NTA man, most of Peterborough's cab trade are on benefits following their ending of quotas. And the buffoon from the T&G ranted on about Edinburgh in the 1990s again. :lol:

Mr T&G, although not a friend of 'managed growth' according to his letter, said he would welcome some extra plates, but not many. :shock: But he wanted to put a few conditions on them, but as is par for the course for that shower of [edited by admin], didn't want them to apply to himself. [-(

He wanted any new plates to only go to drivers with 5 years experience, they must be on a firm, they mustn't do school runs, or contract WAV work, the council would have to be presented with a business plan, and the driver would have to be CCJ free.

But maybe what best sums up as to why councils aren't best placed to decide these issues is;

1) a deaf councillor who couldn't vote because his hearing aid wasn't working, and

2) two councillors who just happen to be directors of the local bus firm, voting for no more taxis.

You couldn't make it up. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:27 pm 

Another thing I just found out is that the Eastbourne taxi trade is blaming the PH for taking all there un-met demand. :lol:

Let's hope they tell the surveyors that. :-$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:07 pm 

Sussex wrote:
He wanted any new plates to only go to drivers with 5 years experience, they must be on a firm, they mustn't do school runs, or contract WAV work, the council would have to be presented with a business plan, and the driver would have to be CCJ free.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

More 'do as I say, not as I do'.

I'll bet that if he had jack experience, wanted to work the ranks, wanted to do school runs or contract WAV work, couldn't spell 'business plan', was an undischarged bankrupt, then he'd be welcome.....

...if he wanted to BUY a plate. :D