Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:54 pm 
Happy Birthday Nidge :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:32 pm 
it's online http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 51/251.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:46 pm 
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I love it when a plan comes together :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:26 pm 
Nidge wrote:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I love it when a plan comes together :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

all very well Nige, but you did say nobody was bothered about the committee sitting or the oft report.

frankly you are all over the place.

its either important or not, if its not its conclusions do not matter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:34 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Nidge wrote:

all very well Nige, but you did say nobody was bothered about the committee sitting or the oft report.

Never said that did I??? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:40 pm 
Nidge wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Nidge wrote:

Never said that did I??? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

yes you did

you were edging your bets? if they aggree with oft it does not matter?

no nige you cannot get away with this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:16 pm 
Well the report was predictable, but everyone new that from what was said at the select committee meeting.

What concerns me more is the inaccuracies in this report.

For example the fare chart that was published from the Private Hire and Taxi Monthly, without verifying its accuracy they had the nerve to quote from it in the final report. To me that is totally irresponsible.

Take Hartlepool, which supposedly has the lowest fares in the country? How private hire and Taxi Monthly arrived at 2.70 for two miles I'll never know.

Hartlepool has three tariffs, which are applied 4 times in every 24 hours. Tariff 2 is applied twice in the same day, Tariff 1 once and Tariff 3 once. What a crazy set-up.

Tariff one would indeed give you 2.70 for two miles but tariff two gives you 3.55 and Tariff three gives you 4.10

Tariff one is available for nine hours of the day
Tariff two for eight hours and
Tariff three for seven hours.
That’s a grand total of 15 hours at the higher rates and only nine at the lower rate.

When calculating all 3 tariffs together, it averages out at 3.45 for a two-mile journey

If you calculate Tariff one and two together, it averages out at 3.12

Calculating two and three together gives you an average of 3.82

If I can calculate that in two minutes, why the hell can't Private hire monthly?

Here’s the yardage of Hartlepool, which is an unrestricted Authority.

Tariff one: from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. first 880 yards 1.70 every 290 yards thereafter 10p

Tariff two: from 6-30 am to 9-00 am and from 6-30 p.m. to 11-30 p.m.
First 385 yards 1.70 every 180 yards thereafter 10p

Tariff three: 11-30 p.m. to 6-30 am. First 320 yards 1.70 every 140 yards thereafter 10p

Those boys in Hartlepool sure like to confuse the public lol

I hate the blatant manipulation of figures and the false impression it is meant to portray. I dislike even more politicians and others who take Information for granted when it suits there purpose without first checking its validity. That also goes to those people who represented our trade at the select committee hearing and referred to these figures as being accurate.

Best wishes

John Davies.
Manchester.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:26 pm 

So they say,

The OFT report manifestly does not contain the evidence required to support its only proposal for legislative change: the abolition of quantity regulation. Its figures only support its case with considerable "adjustment" (which is never explained), its statistical and survey evidence are flawed, and it fails to consider the relationship between the taxi and PHV markets. Nor does the OFT explain why the taxi and PHV market has been the fastest growing form of transport over the last 25 years, and has grown by more then 40 per cent in real terms since 1994, if quantity restrictions have been so detrimental. Its recommendations on quantity control should be rejected.

But I bet you the Minister gets rid of the quotas. :wink:

Exactly who was asked to give evidence?

Was anyone from the PH trade, was anyone from the Institute of Licensing, was anyone from Consumer Organizations?

Nope, but the latter two have a far bigger say than anyone who was there.

I can feel a critique coming on. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:29 pm 
Oh no he didnt :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
All is quiet on the South East Coast :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yes always remember what King Harold said to the folk down there.
WATCH WHAT YOUR DOING WITH THOSE ARROWS YOU'L PUT SOME F@@@@@S EYE OUT !!!!

Well lets hope you learn your lesson stop throwing crap comments around coz you dont like it thrown back especially from Gwyneth Dunwoody. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:31 pm 
John Davies. wrote:

Tariff two: from 6-30 am to 9-00 am and from 6-00 p.m. to 11-30 p.m.
First 385 yards 1.70 every 180 yards thereafter 10p

The above should read 6.00 p.m. to 11-30 pm as ammended, not 6.30 p.m. to 11-30.

regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:34 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Well lets hope you learn your lesson stop throwing crap comments around coz you dont like it thrown back especially from Gwyneth Dunwoody. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't mind anything being thrown at me Mr Guest.

I have never had any doubt that quotas will go. If you wish to put your faith in a selective Select Committee, then so be it.

Anyone who believes the selective bus-men, are bigger fools than they realise. :D

But then again we all knew that. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:38 pm 
S/M oh no you didnt you were wrong all along :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:41 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
S/M oh no you didnt you were wrong all along :D :D :D :D

Thank you Mr Guest, and as I said, we will see who has the :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D when Mr (I hate unions) McNulty ends the quotas. :wink: