Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:54 am 

In the court transcript it is clearly stated that "One of the persons in the Respondents was found not to be a fit and proper person and has been removed from the company." Does Skull care to tell us when this event took place and was it not grounds for a refusal of the llp's application there and then? (Not being as well versed in either legal matters generally and this case in particular as some, I seek clarification!!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:09 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
In the court transcript it is clearly stated that "One of the persons in the Respondents was found not to be a fit and proper person and has been removed from the company." Does Skull care to tell us when this event took place and was it not grounds for a refusal of the llp's application there and then? (Not being as well versed in either legal matters generally and this case in particular as some, I seek clarification!!!)

I can't speak for Skull but if it were me I would tell you to mind your own business. Haven't you already raised this corpse once before and had a reasoned reply from the person in question?

The case was about the desperation of Edinburgh city council to keep a limit on numbers. This can be seen in their desperate attempt to have the survey completed in double quick time, as was stated in the Executive committee meeting on the 1/3/05 when it was said

Time of completion of the survey has therefore become a critical factor

Side track if you will my friend but the truth will not escape you.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:14 am 

JD wrote:
RealCabforce wrote:

I can't speak for Skull but if it were me I would tell you to mind your own business. Haven't you already raised this corpse once before and had a reasoned reply from the person in question?

The case was about the desperation of Edinburgh city council to keep a limit on numbers. This can be seen in their desperate attempt to have the survey completed in double quick time, as was stated in the Executive committee meeting on the 1/3/05 when it was said

Regards

JD

As I said, it seems odd that an application froma LLP with one partner being unacceptable was allowed to proceed after dropping the offending partner. I would have thought a new application should have been made after the original failed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:17 am 

JD wrote:
RealCabforce wrote:

Regards

JD

So YOU can't or WON'T answer a straight forward question and it's a bit rich for you to tell someone here to mind their own business, like I said before, YOUR EGO FAR OUTSTRIPS YOUR TALENT, sad really :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:33 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:

So YOU can't or WON'T answer a straight forward question and it's a bit rich for you to tell someone here to mind their own business, like I said before, YOUR EGO FAR OUTSTRIPS YOUR TALENT, sad really :cry:

Ask me a question my friend and if it is in my capabilities I will answer it? If you look up you will see your initial outburst was not directed at me but at Mr Skull.

I can't answer for Mr skull, I can only state that the question you asked has already been raised before by you, if my memory serves me well. I questioned why you were raking over old stones when you already know the answer to the question you asked?

Scraping the bottom of the barrel are we?

Regards

JD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:14 am 

RealCabforce wrote:

you seem to be rather confused
he was found to be not a fit and proper person to hold a taxi licence by c.e.c
of course he was found fit and proper a month later ????
skull removed himself from the llp becouse c.e.c would have used this to refuse the applications,and we couldnt make it that easy for them could we

and i have to agree with jd you must be desperate, are you plotting in the background wee man :^o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:27 am 

Boring, but I will answer anyway. The reason I removed myself from the company was because of the possibility of the CEC using my conviction for assault on another cabby as an excuse to refuse the licence.

Your point?

And before you go down the I'm such a wonderful person and you are such a bad boy, remember, I don't give a [edited by admin].

On the scale of all the bad things I have done in my life this isn't even on it. My only regret is instead of giving him a slap I should of punched his lights out.

I don't pretend to be the toughest guy in the world and I am past rolling about the street but violence is something I know and understand it has it's place like everything else. I don't struggle with the concept I accept it.

I might also point out I don't feel compelled to make a victim out of someone to feel good about myself. No more than I need a licence plate to be somebody. This is your world.

I started this at the request of others after we looked at the whole situation regarding licence plates.

Trust me, if we win by our own means or by others it won't matter to me either way. You have got me all wrong if you think it is about the plates for me.

Nor do I care about losing my licence. I told the council committee to revoke it when I was up at their meeting and I am sure they will revoke the licence because of my diabetes.

Try and work me out RealCabforce and if you really do have the answer to my question you won't need me to answer it and you won't be asking anymore stupid questions.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:01 am 

Well Skull, I dont think you should be driving a Taxi . In my veiw any body found guilty of any violent crime , should be barred from being able to Drive a Taxi . You are not even sorry for what you did . In fact you sound like a right nut job . How many other people, have you given a dig ? and got away with it . This Edinburgh saga is going on and on . I want delimiting because i want, freedom and hate fleet owners . You just want it to f... every body up . Streetcar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:31 am 

I thank Skull for his reply. He has now made clearer the sequence of events.
There is no ulterior motive for asking this. It just seemed, on reading the case, that the application could have been refused earlier, but your explanation that you withdrew to protect the application rather than being found unsuitable as part of the process, clarifies it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:01 pm 

streetcar wrote:
Well Skull, I dont think you should be driving a Taxi . In my veiw any body found guilty of any violent crime , should be barred from being able to Drive a Taxi . You are not even sorry for what you did . In fact you sound like a right nut job . How many other people, have you given a dig ? and got away with it . This Edinburgh saga is going on and on . I want delimiting because i want, freedom and hate fleet owners . You just want it to f... every body up . Streetcar.

Thank you for the pearl of wisdom streetcar. So let me get this right it's okay for John Prescott (Deputy Prime minister) to run the country after punching someone but I can't drive a taxi.

I might also add that in the 15 years of driving a taxi I have never had a customer complaint.

I want control for the individual and the trade, a level playing field. I would like to see guys like you get your freedom, like you I don't think I am here to give anyone their position or status in life. Nor do I feel I have the right to pass judgement on anyone else.

As the old saying goes "you don't know a man until you have walked in his shoes". Streetcar, tell me something are you prepared to fight for what you believe in or are you one of the many who hide behind a pseudonym and pass judgement on others that do?

Lets start with your real name what is it? :-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:48 pm 

Now skull that would be clever, as i drive for one of Liverpools leading fleet owners . What are you saying, you did not attack this other cabby ?. Prescot had a egg chucked at him, what did he do to you? . YOUR QUOTE I don't pretend to be the toughest guy in the world and I am past rolling about the street but violence is something I know and understand it has it's place like everything else. I don't struggle with the concept I accept it.
THESE ARE YOUR WORDS YOU SOUND LIKE A SCHOOL BOY IN A PLAYGROUND F.... AS IF I WOULD TELL YOU MY NAME A VERY SCARED STREETCAR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:53 pm 

i think the point is you dont know what the other cabbie did,do you
but you pass judgement without being in possesion of all the facts
which is no better than the councillors that run kangaroo courts up and down the country

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:01 pm 

Well tell me what the other cabbie did ? streetcar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:13 pm 

why bother youve made up youre mind
get the possie out and go lynch him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:20 pm 

A court of law convicted him of assult . Are you telling me they made a mistake . Ali are you telling me he is not a bully, because thats the way he is coming across . I still say he should not be driving taxis . Your council enforcement , are as bad as Liverpools we have got convicted get away drivers and got knows what, driving around in taxis . Quality (rubish )Streetcar