Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: drivers badge revoked
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:26 pm 

This morning a local driver received a letter from our Council informing them that certain alligations regarding their conduct had been received and as a result their badge has been revoked.
This was the first that the driver even knew about the alligations and they have not even been asked about them. There has been no interview with the driver no sub committee hearing just this letter which also states that their name has been put on the national list of revocations.
Are the Council aloud to do this without even speaking to the driver?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:48 pm 

The council can do anything, only a court can say if the council’s actions are lawful.

I suspect the accusations are of a safeguarding nature, and that they have gone to the council via the police.

I’m surprised the driver doesn’t have a clue where these accusations come from, but I would be equally surprised the council haven’t informed him of what those accusations are.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:58 am 

Sussex wrote:
The council can do anything, only a court can say if the council’s actions are lawful.

I suspect the accusations are of a safeguarding nature, and that they have gone to the council via the police.

I’m surprised the driver doesn’t have a clue where these accusations come from, but I would be equally surprised the council haven’t informed him of what those accusations are.

The driver has only found out about the accusations from the letter and as far as i am aware they have come from other driver/s. It is a female driver and I didn't ask what the accusations were because I didn't want to know the details but it apparently stems from a fall out between her and a couple of other drivers.
My only issue is the fact that the chair of licensing told a driver this afternoon about it and in our Borough this things are supposed to be confidential.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:03 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
our council has always had the policy of NOT accepting or acting on complaints driver vs driver for this very reason. I sense a massive compensation claim brewing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:22 pm 

Quote:
My only issue is the fact that the chair of licensing told a driver this afternoon about it and in our Borough this things are supposed to be confidential.

The councillor should keep his big trap shut. :-#

This matter should be referred to the police, and the council should step back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:13 am 

Driver must lodge an appeal and it will be heard at Committee where they will have or should have received all information Officers have.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:23 am 

heathcote wrote:
Driver must lodge an appeal and it will be heard at Committee where they will have or should have received all information Officers have.

The information that I have read states that tney can only appeal to the magistrates court because the revocation decision has been taken.
The letter that she received stated why the license was being revoked but not the source of the information but not thought to be the police.