Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:55 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
toots wrote:
skippy41 wrote:
Quote:
But the council argued its fleet was wheelchair accessible and claimed any problems were caused by driver error.

HTF do you get a square peg into a round hole???/ :wink:

You bend over Skip and I'll show you :shock: :wink:

Now now toots how would you like a ban on being able to buy battery's :lol: :lol: :wink:

Wouldn't bother me I'm a born again :wink: Anyway I'll bring the square peg with me next week and we'll see if it can fit a round hole :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:07 pm 

MR T wrote:
oh well, after reading the Echo's report it would seem it has to go back to committee.. it does not mean the E7 will be passed..... it just means they have to reconsider....

Judicial Review cannot change a licensing policy in itself, just tell a council where they are wrong, and advise on the changes required.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:08 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
What Liverpool could defy the high court, and then face prosecution and massive fines :?: :wink: :wink:

They will change their policy, have no doubt about it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:07 pm 

Thank you Skippy41 & JDBubbles for the detailed information that you both provided & that the ultra-hard-working Mr T was unable to provide due to the massive work load that he suffers daily.

Mr T; time for a holiday matey!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:13 pm 

JDBubbles wrote:
Mrs Lunt, of West Derby, said: “After two years of fighting, it finally feels like we are getting somewhere.

“But it will not feel like we have won until the council licenses these vehicles and I see them on the street.

“This is a landmark case under the Disability Discrimination Act and I am very proud to be a part of it."

And so you should be proud of what you have acheived, Mrs Lunt.

Well done, lady!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:47 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
This was a court case that a disability group brought against Liverpool council.
They rightly claimed that wheelchair users could not travel in a comfortable environment due to the lack of space in the LTI cabs and that a full sized WC could not fit.
Liverpool's defence was that the E7 and its equivalents did not meet the COF regarding the out dated turning circle requirement :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
There is a link to the case on here somewhere.

Now that Liverpool have lost this case GBC will be happy he can now get one :D

What makes me laugh is that the TX has the widest door opening, even several inches more than the euros. So although the innards on a euro is more you cant fit the friggin chair through the door hole. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:26 am 

A council spokesman said: “We have just received this decision and will need time to consider its implications in full with our legal team.”
Quote:

Don't take long in trying to work it out you still have the court costs to pay, i would make the idiot who refused the E7 in the first place pay :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:05 am 
There's no need for the passenger to travel sideways, there's enough room in a TX for the passenger to be seated the right way and belted in, it sounds to me like the drivers can't be arsed to move them round and secure them in the right way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:09 pm 

Nigel wrote:
There's no need for the passenger to travel sideways, there's enough room in a TX for the passenger to be seated the right way and belted in, it sounds to me like the drivers can't be arsed to move them round and secure them in the right way.

IMO, this should be a clause / paragraph in the Hackney Bye-laws.

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:42 pm 

Darren63 wrote:
What makes me laugh is that the TX has the widest door opening, even several inches more than the euros.

Is that the same for the new shape? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:03 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Thank you Skippy41 & JDBubbles for the detailed information that you both provided & that the ultra-hard-working Mr T was unable to provide due to the massive work load that he suffers daily.

Mr T; time for a holiday matey!!
To be honest the E7 And Liverpool court case has no interest for me .. But I did point you in the right direction... I had every confidence that somebody would put the full story up.
A friend of mine got married this weekend( for the third time) so the drinking started on Friday and finished this afternoon..... priorities.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:17 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Nigel wrote:

IMO, this should be a clause / paragraph in the Hackney Bye-laws.

As your Fully aware the DDA Act is at this moment being revisited by the Department for Transport, meetings have taken place across the country with members of the trade, on the 9th September the DFT will be holding a meeting with the combined members of the group known as the meeting of minds, there are many issues to be discussed... I'm sure this is one of them. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:04 am 

Why does the British Taxi Industry always seem to be at loggerheads with LA's and Courts ? Seems to me our fellow European brothers don't take the same flack on such issues :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:12 am 

Highlander wrote:
Why does the British Taxi Industry always seem to be at loggerheads with LA's and Courts ? Seems to me our fellow European brothers don't take the same flack on such issues :?

Perhaps if we could find out what the rest of Europe's licencing requirements are we may have some ammunition to fight then and get it all the none essential daft rules removed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:20 am 

Highlander wrote:

In my opinion, it's probably because in the past associations and unions have spent more time fighting each other........ hopefully that has now changed.........

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next