Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: E7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:04 pm 

Liverpool..Lost..

Post subject: Re: E7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:37 pm 

MR T wrote:
Liverpool..Lost..

What was the score? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:38 pm 

Seriously; where, when, how?

More details please, as this could be far-reaching.

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject: Re: E7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:15 pm 

MR T wrote:
Liverpool..Lost..

Liverpool or LTI? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:07 am 

No reply from MR T, so FI.

Scarborough ..... DREW!!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:25 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:

First I was thinking 'Scarborough, Formula I' :? Then I thought fu*k it that can't be right Scarborough don't have a formula I :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:22 pm 

This was a court case that a disability group brought against Liverpool council.
They rightly claimed that wheelchair users could not travel in a comfortable environment due to the lack of space in the LTI cabs and that a full sized WC could not fit.
Liverpool's defence was that the E7 and its equivalents did not meet the COF regarding the out dated turning circle requirement :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
There is a link to the case on here somewhere.

Now that Liverpool have lost this case GBC will be happy he can now get one :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:58 pm 

DISABILITY campaigners were celebrating today after winning a victory in their fight against a ban on accessible taxis.

A high court judge ruled Liverpool council must reconsider its decision not to license the wheelchair-friendly cabs.

Last year, licensing chairman Malcolm Kelly sparked outrage when his committee refused to issue licences to the drivers of the Peugeot E7 taxis.

More than 300 cabbies signed a petition to say they were in favour of permitting the use of the E7.

But campaigners were forced to go to the high court to challenge the council’s decision at a two-day judicial review.

Yesterday, Mr Justice Blake finally ruled Liverpool’s licensing committee seriously misunderstood wheelchair users’ need for the larger E7s.

His judgement boosted the battle by wheelchair user Alma Lunt, chairman of the Merseyside Coalition of Inclusive Living, and Allied Vehicles, which manufactures the E7.

Liverpool council will now have to reconsider its stance on issuing licences for the sliding-door cars.

Mrs Lunt, of West Derby, said: “After two years of fighting, it finally feels like we are getting somewhere.

“But it will not feel like we have won until the council licenses these vehicles and I see them on the street.

“This is a landmark case under the Disability Discrimination Act and I am very proud to be a part of it.”

Allied Vehicles spokesman Donald Pow said: “We are very chuffed. These taxis are already in use across the country, Liverpool was one of the few places which would not allow them.”

John Bruce, of Liverpool Wheelchair Users Group, said members were delighted to hear the high court’s decision.

Campaigners had argued those in larger wheelchairs had to travel unsafely, unsecured and facing sideways when they used the city’s hackney cabs, leaving room for one other passenger.

But the council argued its fleet was wheelchair accessible and claimed any problems were caused by driver error.

A council spokesman said: “We have just received this decision and will need time to consider its implications in full with our legal team.”
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2009/08/01/judge-backs-wheelchair-campaigners-fight-for-larger-cabs-in-liverpool-100252-24289839/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:01 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:

Some of us have to work you know ..... on Friday I received a phone call telling me that Liverpool had lost the case regarding E7.... now you know as much as I do... I should imagine there will be something in the Liverpool Echo soon... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:10 pm 

oh well, after reading the Echo's report it would seem it has to go back to committee.. it does not mean the E7 will be passed..... it just means they have to reconsider....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:20 pm 

MR T wrote:
oh well, after reading the Echo's report it would seem it has to go back to committee.. it does not mean the E7 will be passed..... it just means they have to reconsider....

What Liverpool could defy the high court, and then face prosecution and massive fines :?: :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:24 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
MR T wrote:

What Liverpool could defy the high court, and then face prosecution and massive fines :?: :wink: :wink:
Who would prosecute them... and who would fine them... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:34 pm 

Quote:
But the council argued its fleet was wheelchair accessible and claimed any problems were caused by driver error.

HTF do you get a square peg into a round hole???/ :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:43 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
Quote:

You bend over Skip and I'll show you :shock: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:17 pm 

toots wrote:
skippy41 wrote:
Quote:

You bend over Skip and I'll show you :shock: :wink:

Now now toots how would you like a ban on being able to buy battery's :lol: :lol: :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next