Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 4:17 pm 

a driver as an application and he is on the DBS UPDATE SERVICE BUT A NEW COUNCIL WILL NOT TAKE THAT UPDATE SRIVES THEY WANT ON OF THERE OWN IS THAT RIGHT

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject: Re: wHAT DP YOU THINK
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 4:36 pm 

charles007 wrote:
a driver as an application and he is on the DBS UPDATE SERVICE BUT A NEW COUNCIL WILL NOT TAKE THAT UPDATE SRIVES THEY WANT ON OF THERE OWN IS THAT RIGHT

As far as I'm aware the update service is, shock horror, an update service. So they have to have a base to update. If you get what I mean.

So council number two will need to view the applicant's history from day 1, whereas the update service will only indicate any change(s) since the last application. Clearly, council number two hasn't had a last application.

So after all that, my view is council number two is acting in a legal and sensible manner.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:45 pm 

Councils SHOULD accept the enhanced DBS+updates where the DBS "type" states "other workforce"

HOWEVER.... councils like power and thew chance to be a "regulatory body" and take a fee off applications

I fought our council for 3 years before they gave in...

Quote:
An acceptable image of all pages of your full enhanced DBS certificate for the position of "other workforce - Taxi licensing" dated within the last 3 months or enrolled on the DBS Update Service.
You must also subscribe to the DBS Update Service at a cost of £13 per year. The DBS certificate must be for an enhanced check for the position of ‘Other Workforce - Taxi Licensing’. You have 30 days from the issue date on your certificate to apply for the Update Service
If you have a manual DBS certificate, you will be unable to subscribe to the DBS Update Service and will need to provide a new DBS certificate every six months.
If you do not have a DBS certificate, you can obtain one via TaxiPlus Wolverhampton.