Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mixed Fleets??????
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:36 pm 

Can someone tell me the law regarding running hackney carriage vehicles through private hire offices is it illegal to have mixed fleets? our LA seems to think it is. Is anybody running mixed fleets on this forum am i being told the Truth from Our LA or is it that all different authorities run on different rules

Post subject: Re: Mixed Fleets??????
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:55 pm 

labraiz wrote:
Can someone tell me the law regarding running hackney carriage vehicles through private hire offices is it illegal to have mixed fleets? our LA seems to think it is. Is anybody running mixed fleets on this forum am i being told the Truth from Our LA or is it that all different authorities run on different rules
Do you mean wavs and saloons who are licenced by your LA or do you mean outside hacks working a Ph office in your area :?:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:26 am 

labraiz wrote:

Nothing in the legislation to prevent as far as I know, and it's commonplace in many areas (eg Brighton, Gateshead).

If the LA has a rule to prevent it then I'd like to see it standing up in court.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:13 am 

labraiz wrote:

Your LO is a pillock of the highest degree. [-X

I would say within a radius of 50 miles from where I'm sitting their are 100+ mixed fleet firms, and maybe just one that isn't. :shock:

Ask your LO is tell you where in the legislation you are prohibited from running mixed fleets. Ask him what law stops a taxi working on a PH circuit.

Or better still ask him to come on here. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:12 am 

I run both as do most in my area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:17 pm 

Grandad would your PH be limos by any chance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:05 pm 

All of the hackney vehicles that would be working through our office would be badged & plated by the same local authority as our private hire vehicles i think i am being given a load of bull by our LA but just needed to know if their was any legislation out their that would prevent mixed fleets working through one office

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:35 pm 

no tips wrote:
Grandad would your PH be limos by any chance

I run 3 taxis, 2 private hire cars, 2 stretched limos on private hire and a white hearse that is exempt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:16 pm 

Quote:
2 stretched limos on private hire

all becomes clear now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:52 am 

labraiz wrote:
All of the hackney vehicles that would be working through our office would be badged & plated by the same local authority as our private hire vehicles i think i am being given a load of bull by our LA but just needed to know if their was any legislation out their that would prevent mixed fleets working through one office
Most offices here have a mixed fleet licenced by the same LA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:51 am 

no tips wrote:
Quote:
2 stretched limos on private hire

all becomes clear now.

Clear as mud to me. I don't understand what you mean. What has become clear? Surely it has not come as a shock that I run taxis AND limousines. It is in my profile.

Post subject: HOW ABOUT THIS!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:29 am 

You have a private hire firm ADVERTISING as a TAXI firm. They have photos of HACKNEYS on there adverts.
The council say that is ok????????
Why because the owner or operator is a dual badge......who is NOT EVEN IN THE COUNTRY. is sat there laugh with some BULLY dictating to the drivers who are keeping HIM in pocket.

Our view is you advertise as a TAXI firm you MUST.... MUST ... MUST.. run at meter rates.. IE.... A PRIVATE HIREON A TAXT FIRM MUST HAVE A METER FITTED???

Any legislation on that from anyone.

Would be a great help before I lose my house

Post subject: Re: HOW ABOUT THIS!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:42 am 

juls wrote:
Our view is you advertise as a TAXI firm you MUST.... MUST ... MUST.. run at meter rates.. IE.... A PRIVATE HIREON A TAXT FIRM MUST HAVE A METER FITTED???

As there are a number of councils that don't have set meter rates, then I doubt you will find what you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:32 pm 

Most offices here run taxis and PH. Meter rates are identical as both are licenced by the same authority

Post subject: Re: HOW ABOUT THIS!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:59 pm 

Sussex wrote:
juls wrote:

As there are a number of councils that don't have set meter rates, then I doubt you will find what you want.

Cheers Sussex.
Our council do control the meter rate so I know have asked eslewhere on here but can I please put the question to you.

In a council tariff run town.
A firm advertising as a TAXI firm by words Taxi and pictures of taxis on there bill boards and cards ect. If the have a p/h plated car on the firm surely the p/h would have to be fitted with a meter to come up or down to the same fair structure as what the council in our area sets?

Look forward to your reply or anyone elses.

Cheers