Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stewart (Diplomat)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:33 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for your order Andy.. :D :D
Peter will contact you in the week to make arrangemants. :wink:
You will not be dissapointed.
Can you Join the Diplomat forum so we can PM you and start getting your street database and plots together. :idea:

What phone systems do you currently use ?

I have been a member of the Diplomat Forums for ages.

Post subject: Plots
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:44 am 
Fantastic..! can you please put a list of the Postcode districts you need your street data to be in and we can get a street file loaded for you.
We can even drop a copy of Navigator onto ant NT/XP PC so you can be getting on with your plots.

Please PM me on the forum when you are ready and we will do a remote install of your street database.

Cheers
Stewart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:16 pm 

Stewart wrote:
You said that you did not know of any choice?? again I wonder why? Yet Exel chose to write to everyone of our customers declaring us finished and offering their services. !!

Diplomat UK Ltd. went into liquidation in July 2003. Click here for the full information on Diplomat UK Ltd. at Companies House.

But you had another company, Ace Communication Engineers Ltd. On 3rd April 2003 - just 3 months before the wind up of Diplomat UK Ltd. - the name of this company was changed to Diplomat Data Systems Ltd. Click here for the full information on Diplomat Data Systems Ltd. at Companies House.

So when you say that "Diplomat" is still in business, is that not misleading? Isn't it the case that you simply abandoned one company that owed suppliers and customers a lot of money, and continued trading as another one?

What was your motivation? Did you just get fed up with the name Diplomat UK Ltd. and thought that Diplomat Data Systems Ltd. was much more catchy? :D

Stewart wrote:
Exel however placed more trust in third party contractors that had never even visited a taxi office

That, Stewart, is a misleading lie and I expect an immediate retraction.

You know perfectly well that we have not only visited but even PROGRAMMED on site in taxi offices. Your own man Jason was present on several occasions. Russ has worked on three different taxi systems since 1997, visiting many sites and has been on front-line 24-hour support for many months.

Stewart wrote:
I don't quite know what you mean by Exel is the base of Diplomat Navigator. Wrong quite the opposite. Diplomat Navigator code is now very different to Midas. Exel is not even the "base" as you put it of Midas

That's not true, is it? The screenshots of Diplomat Navigator on your own web site are quite clearly from a system that is based on our Midas code. If you claim otherwise, please supply me with a demo version so that I can check.

Stewart wrote:
Please take the time to visit a working Navigator site or download it for free from our website. www.diplomat.co.uk

I can't find any link on your site that allows a download of Diplomat Navigator. All I can find is a form requesting an evaluation copy. Can I get a download link, please?

Stewart wrote:
What about the ridiculous claims on the Exel website is that also honest?

Which claim in particular is that, Stewart? From what I can see, it's all 100% accurate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:51 pm 
Well said Mike, I had a post taken down on Saturday regarding your post, I hope it stays up longer then mine did mate. Hows Rich and the boys anyway? I'll be over to see them this week sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:23 pm 

The difference is Mr Guest that your information is a third person's, the above information is from an identifiable person.

If any of the details posted by Mike or Stewart is wrong, then it can be debated in full on the forum, for all to see.

So when I was accused of trying to hide the truth, it was wrong.

As Mr Blair said, you have to look at the 'totality'. :wink:

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:25 pm 
Mike sent me the full story as posted on site Andy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:26 pm 
Alex wrote:
So when I was accused of trying to hide the truth, it was wrong.

Alex

So why was an identical post taken down then???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:33 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
So why was an identical post taken down then???

A reasonable question.

Firstly, I'm not quite sure that Mike's post was an identical one.

Secondly, it's one thing Mr A saying that Mr B did this that and the other to Mr C, and another thing Mr C saying what happened.

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:28 pm 

Alex wrote:
The difference is Mr Guest that your information is a third person's, the above information is from an identifiable person.

It's called 'hear say', and the courts hate it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:47 am 
MikeS wrote:
Stewart wrote:
You said that you did not know of any choice?? again I wonder why? Yet Exel chose to write to everyone of our customers declaring us finished and offering their services. !!

Diplomat UK Ltd. went into liquidation in July 2003. Click here for the full information on Diplomat UK Ltd. at Companies House.

But you had another company, Ace Communication Engineers Ltd. On 3rd April 2003 - just 3 months before the wind up of Diplomat UK Ltd. - the name of this company was changed to Diplomat Data Systems Ltd. Click here for the full information on Diplomat Data Systems Ltd. at Companies House.

So when you say that "Diplomat" is still in business, is that not misleading? Isn't it the case that you simply abandoned one company that owed suppliers and customers a lot of money, and continued trading as another one?

What was your motivation? Did you just get fed up with the name Diplomat UK Ltd. and thought that Diplomat Data Systems Ltd. was much more catchy? :D

Stewart wrote:
Exel however placed more trust in third party contractors that had never even visited a taxi office

That, Stewart, is a misleading lie and I expect an immediate retraction.

You know perfectly well that we have not only visited but even PROGRAMMED on site in taxi offices. Your own man Jason was present on several occasions. Russ has worked on three different taxi systems since 1997, visiting many sites and has been on front-line 24-hour support for many months.

Stewart wrote:
I don't quite know what you mean by Exel is the base of Diplomat Navigator. Wrong quite the opposite. Diplomat Navigator code is now very different to Midas. Exel is not even the "base" as you put it of Midas

That's not true, is it? The screenshots of Diplomat Navigator on your own web site are quite clearly from a system that is based on our Midas code. If you claim otherwise, please supply me with a demo version so that I can check.

Stewart wrote:
Please take the time to visit a working Navigator site or download it for free from our website. www.diplomat.co.uk

I can't find any link on your site that allows a download of Diplomat Navigator. All I can find is a form requesting an evaluation copy. Can I get a download link, please?

Stewart wrote:
What about the ridiculous claims on the Exel website is that also honest?

Which claim in particular is that, Stewart? From what I can see, it's all 100% accurate.

(Mike)

(hes talking about claims that there will be more details in October 2003 or beffore, it realy is an own goal)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:35 pm 

It's Mike Scott again!

Hi Mike, Happy New Year to you. Hope you and Silvie are well.

Now, I'm curious to know what your rate is to be a professional forum troll. £75/hour?

And are you related to Alas-stair Campbell by any chance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:55 pm 
Sorry Mike I did not quite understand your point or your motivation for your rather longwinded post.

You seem to be a bit confused and therefore so am I.

Could you explain it to me again in a bit more detail.

Just go over the points that you think you understand.
Put them in a logical and chronological order and I will reply to any queries you have in due course.

Start of at the time we first met and please don't leave out any of the detail regarding the early financial transactions.

My memory is a bit clouded and it would be nice to clarify a few points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:17 pm 

Everyone on this forum is capable of visiting the http://www.exelmanagement.com website. Please, do it right now. Do it for Mike.

I'm also sure that anyone who has visited the site regularly (I know I do) has read the statement "Mercury Mobile software which will be publicly launched on 1st October / 1st November / 1st December / January 2004". Let me guess, reckon it's going to change to 1st February 2004?

Look at all the links that are 'under construction'. Look at how they still say that the product will be launched in October 2003.

Mike, its not difficult to maintain webpages - just get yourself a copy of Dreamweaver. With all the programming effort you have put in on Mercury and Midas, your work really is let down by the most poor website on the net. I reckon you could make that site really worthy of your hard work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:59 pm 

I seem to believe that someone needing a triple barrel shotgun is certainly on the defensive.

What was that about 'ain't no smoke'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:54 pm 

Stewart (Diplomat) wrote:
Sorry Mike I did not quite understand your point or your motivation for your rather longwinded post.

Oh come on !!! You might not understand Mike's point, but you must surely know his motivation?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next