Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 11066
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
thought as i had time this afternoon i would get this out of the way as it has to be completed by early feb. it was suggested it would take 2 hours

well the presentation was 13 outlook slides which took about 7 minutes to read followed by 7 multiple choice questions for which i scored 7 out of 7 in about 2 minutes :lol:

I now have my certificate which took a further 2 minutes to print

so 11 minutes and my CSE training is complete :shock: apparently

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 40769
Location: 1066 Country
edders23 wrote:
thought as i had time this afternoon i would get this out of the way as it has to be completed by early feb. it was suggested it would take 2 hours

well the presentation was 13 outlook slides which took about 7 minutes to read followed by 7 multiple choice questions for which i scored 7 out of 7 in about 2 minutes :lol:

I now have my certificate which took a further 2 minutes to print

so 11 minutes and my CSE training is complete :shock: apparently

And for that the council has been charged how much?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 40769
Location: 1066 Country
Hope York's training is a bit more thorough than the 11 mins in Edders' manor.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1571247 ... ctimised_/

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17195
Ours took 2 hours and we didn't even get a certificate.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:56 pm
Posts: 1337
grandad wrote:
Ours took 2 hours and we didn't even get a certificate.



How do you prove you have done it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 11066
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
Hope York's training is a bit more thorough than the 11 mins in Edders' manor.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1571247 ... ctimised_/


that is for ALL Lincolnshire councils free to drivers and as far as I can tell set up by and run by county council

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17195
heathcote wrote:
grandad wrote:
Ours took 2 hours and we didn't even get a certificate.



How do you prove you have done it?

I hope they keep a record. [-o<

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:39 pm
Posts: 1338
I would ask them for my certification, I don’t trust councils to keep records do you?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17195
mancityfan wrote:
I would ask them for my certification, I don’t trust councils to keep records do you?

We did disability awareness training a few years ago and got a certificate for that. Since then I have been asked to prove that I have done the course on at least 3 occasions because they "lost the records" so no, I don't trust them.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group