Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: new car.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:52 pm 

We have just ordered our next new car. We are going to give the Dacia Logan a try. We first looked at them when they first came out and liked them so we have now bought one. We have gone for the 1.5 diesel ambiance model and the cash price is £10,195 including the VAT so a tad under £8,500. We should be taking delivery in the next 2-3 weeks.

Post subject: Re: new car.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:52 pm 

I tried one...

You wont be driving it so ............... but its like a 80's Renault van, same handling and performance

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:06 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
I tried one...

You wont be driving it so ............... but its like a 80's Renault van, same handling and performance

It is a Renault Megane. Just updated. It will be mainly used on the school runs and a couple of evenings a week.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:00 pm 

grandad wrote:
We have just ordered our next new car. We are going to give the Dacia Logan a try. We first looked at them when they first came out and liked them so we have now bought one. We have gone for the 1.5 diesel ambiance model and the cash price is £10,195 including the VAT so a tad under £8,500. We should be taking delivery in the next 2-3 weeks.

Tight arse. 8) :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:34 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
grandad wrote:

Not at all. We are realists. The last 2 cars we bought were an Auris and a Prius. However the next drivers on the list for a change of cars don't treat them quite as well as we would like so we aren't prepared to spend £20-25,000 just to have the car knackered in a couple of years.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:04 pm 

grandad wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
grandad wrote:

Not at all. We are realists. The last 2 cars we bought were an Auris and a Prius. However the next drivers on the list for a change of cars don't treat them quite as well as we would like so we aren't prepared to spend £20-25,000 just to have the car knackered in a couple of years.

So which is the best car Auris or Prius, or another from the view of fuel, maintenance, and comfort.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:10 pm 

grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
I tried one...

It is a Renault Megane. Just updated. It will be mainly used on the school runs and a couple of evenings a week.

It might have Renault running gear but no way does it drive like a Megane

or look like one

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:55 pm 

Aircraft crash position but with knees on the roof lining

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:37 pm 

skippy41 wrote:

When did you have a ride in the back of one?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:24 am 

grandad wrote:
skippy41 wrote:

Had a look at a customers one, got into the back and its cramped, In Majorca, they have one called the Logie, its a six seater,, loads of room ,don't know why they don't sell them here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:10 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
grandad wrote:
skippy41 wrote:

Had a look at a customers one, got into the back and its cramped, In Majorca, they have one called the Logie, its a six seater,, loads of room ,don't know why they don't sell them here

Here you go Skip.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-review ... acia-lodgy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:54 am 

Built by Romanians using French parts. What could possibly go wrong ? :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:51 pm 

sasha wrote:
Built by Romanians using French parts. What could possibly go wrong ? :wink: :lol:

I hate to think.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:10 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
sasha wrote:

I hate to think.

Have you read any reliability reports for Dacia cars?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:13 pm 

Quote:
Awful, I owned the car for one year from new, during this time it had nine separate faults. These included small things such as the boot lock rotating but not unlocking, the handbrake light flashing on and off when applied, to much larger things like excess play in the suspension struts, rough idle, very regular stalling and finally, worst of all, the reason I sold the car; complete loss of power randomly when accelerating. I paid extra for seven years warranty as I was planning on keeping the car for as long as possible. However, it was in and out of the garage constantly and finally after being told that the throttle body would need cleaning every two weeks, I decided to cut my losses. The final time the car was seen, I was told there was nothing wrong with it. So, I enquired if the garage would like to buy the car that apparently had nothing wrong with it; they took ages to get back to me and eventually said they would take it for around £3000. This for a car that had cost £7500 only one year and 12,000 Miles earlier. Right from the beginning when things started to go wrong with the car it became more and more apparent that the build quality was dangerous and that Dacia did not care at all, even after explaining to them about the complete loss of power and the risks if this happened pulling out of a busy junction. When I traded the car in elsewhere, I explained the faults and was told that problems like this were common with this car as an old style engine had been (somewhat unsuccessfully) brought up to today’s emission standards. Needless to say I would never buy a Dacia (or indeed a Renault due to many shared parts) again and would not recommend this car to my worst enemy.

Quote:
I bought this car from new and the first day I took it home the door seals came off. I should have trusted my instinct and refused the car and asked for my money back, as I have had nothing but problems with the car since. This year the car has been repaired 3 times for loss of coolant. The first repair the car has no water in at all and the radiator had a big hole in it. The water pump was also replaced. The second time the engine warning light came on and the car lost power. The garage said it was from a previous fault. This time the car has gone in with loss of coolant again and the warning light. The garage tried to inform me that it was just an airlock. I put my foot down and disagreed arguing the case which the technician then said it is a head gasket fault. I have been onto Dacia who do not seem to care about the ongoing problems with the car. I have asked for an extended warranty on the car but this hasn't happened yet. I am still waiting.

Quote:
Dacia Sandero 1.2 Ambience, purchased in May 2015 as NEW Car! In the past one year this car was repaired five times, exhorts needed replacement, tire pressure warning light is on at all times for no reason and paint pealing off the rear bumper. I wish I newer purchased this car. I understand the meaning of a budget car but this car is a failure.