Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:45 am 
Dusty Bin wrote:
Wharfie wrote:
you nor dusty seem to know not what you talk about.

What did I say wrong then Geoff??

Dusty :?:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:38 am 
Wharfie wrote:
Nidge wrote:
Sussex Man wrote:
I have just received an e-mail back from Cab-direct, and they say that the delivery for the Euro 7 is eight weeks.

LTI haven't replied to me just yet, but I would guess about eight minutes. :D

Vans who'd have them??

Nige,
do you get a commission for backing LTI?
ITS REFRESHING IN THE YEAR OF THE DISABLED to find a mondeo taxi driver supporting the wheelchair accessible lobby.

pity you dont lead by example!

Wharfie

Geoff I'm not backing LTI I just said Cab Direct and Jubilee were well behind on delivery dates. LTI have group stock, Jubilee and Cab Direct only make to order becuase the have to buy the vans first then convert them. They will only proceed to build the cab when the finance has been accepted. How about this one, a guy over the border ordered a Eurocab from Jubilee in June, he paid cash for it he got it delivered last tuesday. Not bad youth is it??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:42 am 

As I said the Euro from Cab Direct is 8 weeks, or so they tell me !!!!

I have just heard from Jubilee that their Euro is 4-6 weeks.

The Merc is no-more, a new model is due in Spring 2004. Not overly impressed with that, cos I believe it to be the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:01 pm 
Nidge wrote:
Wharfie wrote:
Nidge wrote:
Sussex Man wrote:
I have just received an e-mail back from Cab-direct, and they say that the delivery for the Euro 7 is eight weeks.

Vans who'd have them??

Nige,
ITS REFRESHING IN THE YEAR OF THE DISABLED to find a mondeo taxi driver supporting the wheelchair accessible lobby.

Wharfie

Geoff I'm not backing LTI I just said Cab Direct and Jubilee were well behind on delivery dates. LTI have group stock, Jubilee and Cab Direct only make to order becuase the have to buy the vans first then convert them. They will only proceed to build the cab when the finance has been accepted. How about this one, a guy over the border ordered a Eurocab from Jubilee in June, he paid cash for it he got it delivered last tuesday. Not bad youth is it??

Well nige you sound to me as if youve been on a brainwashing exercise at the LTI factory, you have the language vans whod have them, the lot!

you seem to look down on the alternative drivers, myself I think you should leave them alone, such behaviour is intolarable among the owners, form a mondeo man it sounds so much worse.

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:02 pm 
Nidge wrote:
Wharfie wrote:
Nidge wrote:
Sussex Man wrote:

Vans who'd have them??

Nige,

Wharfie

Well nige you sound to me as if youve been on a brainwashing exercise at the LTI factory, you have the language vans whod have them, the lot!

you seem to look down on the alternative drivers, myself I think you should leave them alone, such behaviour is intolarable among the owners, form a mondeo man it sounds so much worse.

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:33 pm 
Geoff, What you seem to forget is I spent 5 years on a black cab, the ones without Air Con, without power steering, no electric windows, top speed of 45MPH with the old Perkins diesel engine in. I haven't been on a brainwashing excersise mate just stating a fact about delivery times from Jubilee and Cab Direct. Try them out Geoff and see who can deliver the quickest and I'll bet you a weeks wages that LTI beat the others hands down. Oh another thing don't forget to take your cash with you and you can drive it away today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:01 pm 
Nidge wrote:
Geoff, What you seem to forget is I spent 5 years on a black cab, the ones without Air Con, without power steering, no electric windows, top speed of 45MPH with the old Perkins diesel engine in. I haven't been on a brainwashing excersise mate just stating a fact about delivery times from Jubilee and Cab Direct. Try them out Geoff and see who can deliver the quickest and I'll bet you a weeks wages that LTI beat the others hands down. Oh another thing don't forget to take your cash with you and you can drive it away today.

Nige I wonder sometimes about you Irealy do, first you tell me to forget something I dont know, then sell me something I dont want beccause I can get it quicker than something I do.

Nige London Taxi International are the scurge of taxi drivers, they are poorly built, overpriced, and the sales patter is a pack of lies. the cab price is paid on the massive hospitality given to licensing officers, and the bribes,

now this thread started by a lad asking if anyone had driven a euro taxi, since then we have been shoved with lti paranaphilia and spin since, Nige for me you can stuff LTI I dont want one wont buy one.

and I wouldnt reccomend them to anyone else save perhaps my worst enemy.

by the way Nige will you be at the lodge on Wednesday?

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:51 pm 
Wharfie wrote:
Nidge wrote:

Nige I wonder sometimes about you Irealy do, first you tell me to forget something I dont know, then sell me something I dont want beccause I can get it quicker than something I do.

Nige London Taxi International are the scurge of taxi drivers, they are poorly built, overpriced, and the sales patter is a pack of lies. the cab price is paid on the massive hospitality given to licensing officers, and the bribes,

now this thread started by a lad asking if anyone had driven a euro taxi, since then we have been shoved with lti paranaphilia and spin since, Nige for me you can stuff LTI I dont want one wont buy one.

Wharfie

Then it got on to the delivery times for the Cabs Geoff thats all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:15 am 
Nidge wrote:
Wharfie wrote:
Nidge wrote:

Wharfie

Then it got on to the delivery times for the Cabs Geoff thats all.

oh so it does :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:16 pm 
the tx is a good car and the lads i work with love them.its just they are so dear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:22 pm 
its just a shame that you have to fill up every other job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:26 am 

As I will be going to the 'Best ever HC and PH Show' next week, I will have a nose around and see what they have all got to say.

And once they have done that, ask them for the truth. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:01 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
As I will be going to the 'Best ever HC and PH Sow' next week, I will have a nose around and see what they have all got to say.

And once they have done that, ask them for the truth. :roll:

Look for the Diplomat Stand, see if Mick is on thier, that should keep you quiet

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:44 pm 

Well I was going to go and chat with my fellow brothers on the T&G stand.
I might even try and get some legal advice from the Mrs Legal Eagle.

As for where the T&G stand will be, well I suspect right next to the LTI stand. Although I might struggle to find them, cos they are both on a different planet. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:29 pm 
I dont think we can win with these conversion. They are 10 grand cheaper but they do have silly problem like leaky doors, and dodgy handles that keep breacking. Why they cant sort it out I dont know. But if they could get the small things right then they would be the obvious choice. But two of the lads have just chosen TX2s over the Euro. The TX2s were in abpout 2 weeks, the euro were about 2 months. Drivers should wait and save 10 grand. But they dont because the think the TX2 is better and maybe they are right. But 10 grand better?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next