Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:21 pm 
First ever London ‘black cab’ sold into Russia – for use as a radio car

LTI’s TXII taxi (the famous black cab which is ubiquitous on the streets of London) has been purchased by the BBC World Service to add some genuine British flavour to their work in Moscow.

Yuri Goligorsky, Re-broadcasting Manager for the BBC World Service, visited the Coventry factory of LTI Vehicles to order a left-hand drive version of the TXII taxi.

After completion it will be transported to Moscow and fitted with satellite transmission and recording equipment before starting work on the streets of Moscow.

The passenger compartment will become the mobile studio for interviews in and around the Russian capital. These can then be directly transmitted back to London via the rooftop satellite dish for broadcasting around the world.

As well as its instantly recognisable status as a British ‘icon’, the TXII was also chosen for this task for its front luggage storage space that will house most of the electrical equipment.

Matthew Cheyne, Sales & Marketing Director at LTI Vehicles, commented: "We are obviously delighted to be selling our first vehicle in Russia. This is the first TXII to have been purchased for use as a radio car, although we believe some of our older models have fulfilled this purpose in the past for the BBC in the UK".

"This is a very good example on how our vehicles can be used in a variety of different ways - we are also aware of taxis that are used as mobile offices, surgeries and even wedding cars".

"Its renowned durability and famously tight turning circle means it will cope well with the type of demanding urban road conditions it will face in Moscow and we anticipate that it will cause quite a stir among the Muscovites."

The vehicle purchased is a Gold specification model with automatic transmission and in the traditional black cab body colour - long associated with the purpose built taxi.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:28 am 
Cgull wrote:
First ever London ‘black cab’ sold into Russia – for use as a radio car

LTI’s TXII taxi (the famous black cab which is ubiquitous on the streets of London) has been purchased by the BBC World Service to add some genuine British flavour to their work in Moscow.

Yuri Goligorsky, Re-broadcasting Manager for the BBC World Service, visited the Coventry factory of LTI Vehicles to order a left-hand drive version of the TXII taxi.

After completion it will be transported to Moscow and fitted with satellite transmission and recording equipment before starting work on the streets of Moscow.

The passenger compartment will become the mobile studio for interviews in and around the Russian capital. These can then be directly transmitted back to London via the rooftop satellite dish for broadcasting around the world.

As well as its instantly recognisable status as a British ‘icon’, the TXII was also chosen for this task for its front luggage storage space that will house most of the electrical equipment.

Matthew Cheyne, Sales & Marketing Director at LTI Vehicles, commented: "We are obviously delighted to be selling our first vehicle in Russia. This is the first TXII to have been purchased for use as a radio car, although we believe some of our older models have fulfilled this purpose in the past for the BBC in the UK".

"This is a very good example on how our vehicles can be used in a variety of different ways - we are also aware of taxis that are used as mobile offices, surgeries and even wedding cars".

"Its renowned durability and famously tight turning circle means it will cope well with the type of demanding urban road conditions it will face in Moscow and we anticipate that it will cause quite a stir among the Muscovites."

The vehicle purchased is a Gold specification model with automatic transmission and in the traditional black cab body colour - long associated with the purpose built taxi.

they are lying [edited by admin] there are loads of lti secret servailance vehicles in London and they know it! and they are radio cars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:27 am 

Anonymous wrote:
they are lying b******s there are loads of lti secret servailance vehicles in London and they know it! and they are radio cars

What you mean un-licensed black cabs in London? :shock:

I suppose someone has got to take the place of the un-licensed mini-cabs. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:01 pm 
We have some old white ones fairways down here that operate illeaglly by doing airport work.
They even have a nice white plate on the back. :( :( :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:21 am 
Peter Winder is fully aware of Mr L's activity, as I understand it they are monitoring the situation. :wink: His main business is supplying (old) re-sparyed white london cabs for weddings.
Scanner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:04 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Peter Winder is fully aware of Mr L's activity, as I understand it they are monitoring the situation. :wink: His main business is supplying (old) re-sparyed white london cabs for weddings.
Scanner

Andy my old fruit, never mind monitoring of activities look at misc prov act
London cab may only be used in the hire and reward market as taxis!

We all know hes up to no good they dont get married in Brighton!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:52 am 
Mmm not sure of the "Old fruit" but without searching for my book as far as I kmow is states that a ph vehicle can not be licensed if looks like a taxi.

Now I know that this is a very basic description of the act but that is what it is all about.

So, whilst I understand what you are saying there are a couple of points.

1. The white london cabs in question carry no license at all as their main purpose of use is to serve as wedding cars. The matter of using them for airport runs is of course another matter. The other point of this would be that he is not licensed as an operator either. That has been confirmed to me.

2. Should the act then stop the couple of ph Fiat/Pug euro style that are licensed in Brighton & Hove when they are also used as hacks
Scanner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:11 am 

Anonymous wrote:
Mmm not sure of the "Old fruit" but without searching for my book as far as I kmow is states that a ph vehicle can not be licensed if looks like a taxi.

I think the problem is too many taxis look like PH vehicles. :shock:

Now if all taxis had to be purpose built, then all of those ID questions would go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:27 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

I think the problem is too many taxis look like PH vehicles. :shock:

Now if all taxis had to be purpose built, then all of those ID questions would go.

You work for LTI Suspect??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:26 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

Now I know that this is a very basic description of the act but that is what it is all about.

So, whilst I understand what you are saying there are a couple of points.

1. The white london cabs in question carry no license at all as their main purpose of use is to serve as wedding cars. The matter of using them for airport runs is of course another matter. The other point of this would be that he is not licensed as an operator either. That has been confirmed to me.

2. Should the act then stop the couple of ph Fiat/Pug euro style that are licensed in Brighton & Hove when they are also used as hacks
Scanner

well lets get to the main point.

have these taxis everbeen used for a wedding?

beccause it sounds to me as if a bride would not be seen dead in one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:35 pm 
They are used for weddingsd and i think thats ok. But they are also used for everything else which i think is not ok.
Its not if you can miss either the cars or one of the drivers at the airports.
He is even uglier than hairy charlie. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:08 am 
Cgull wrote:
They are used for weddingsd and i think thats ok. But they are also used for everything else which i think is not ok.
Its not if you can miss either the cars or one of the drivers at the airports.
He is even uglier than hairy charlie. :wink:

tell me Cgull when did you see Hairy Charlie?

Cgull I find Brighton contributors odd, this bloke is breaking the law but you say its ok?

There is a guy somewhere in your town they call Happy Harry, got into bother a while back because he was mistaken for Sussex, I miss his postings he always seemed to me as if he was laughing!

now cgull using white unlicensed LTIs for weddings, or private hire is not ok.

ok? got that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:44 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

Cgull I find Brighton contributors odd, this bloke is breaking the law but you say its ok?

There is a guy somewhere in your town they call Happy Harry, got into bother a while back because he was mistaken for Sussex, I miss his postings he always seemed to me as if he was laughing!

ok? got that?

That must have been a good party last night fellar.
Weddings are ok thats the law. As are funerals.
I dont know a happy harry but if i find one. I will tell him you called. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:58 pm 
Cgull wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

ok? got that?

That must have been a good party last night fellar.
Weddings are ok thats the law. As are funerals.
I dont know a happy harry but if i find one. I will tell him you called. :?

not in a LTI its not!

Ltis can only be used as taxis read the misc prov act, something your council does not and dont be so bloody stubborn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:53 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

Ltis can only be used as taxis read the misc prov act, something your council does not and dont be so bloody stubborn

But in my area old ones are used for delivering pizzas, and flowers.