Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: new motor time
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:19 pm 

seeing as it appears to be the season for new motors on here :)

picked up this little sweety on Friday

Past her Council inspection on Monday, Plated and radio installed Tuesday and did her first shift today :)

surprisingly for a Peugeot she now has covered 250 miles and nothing has fallen over and she hasn't seen the back of an AA truck yet. i'm impressed :)

£11500 new from Cab direct. cracking little things for the money. although ask me that again in 3 years time when its fell to bits with a mere 150k on the clock.

but to be fair its a cracking little engine 1.6hdi with 92 horses is hardly going to be breaking any land speed records and at under half the power of Vectra it replaced it does feel a tad slow. BUT plenty of low down torque means its cracking round the town and certainly capable of sitting happily at legal speeds on the motorway. mirrors and windows move around with electricity it has a cd player and I can plug my ipod in so all the basics are covered. seats are comfy enough(had a nigh on identical one on hire for 8 weeks previous to this being bought after the Vectra was written off).

strangely the punters seem to quite like it, quite roomy in the back (almost superblike levels of leg room ) perhaps a wee bit high for some of the old biddies getting in and out though,

Seats all flip out as well so it easily converts into a small van for those trips to Ikea with the missus as well

All in all, have to say quite happy with my purchase, and if theres any interest i'll keep you all updated in regards to running costs economy and all the odds and sods over the next wee while

Post subject: Re: new motor time
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:48 pm 

they are great little motors, and a good few of them up here too, i was tempted to get one over a superb a few grand cheaper too but one of my mates has one and when we sit in the car park waiting he has had a few people nearly slice there fingers off with the sliding doors, so has a sticker up now at each side warning you too watch your hands. and don't like french cars but not too say they are not capable and yes it is the season of getting new taxis a few 62 plates up here now including myself, here is my new machine picked it up last Monday and don't regret buying one bit and mine also has a 1.6 tdi CR 105 bhp and feels quite good considering the size of car Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 am 

Get my new to me 1.9 tdi MK2 superb next week same colour as united taxis one
09 plate 39k only £7770 :D, got 2 k as a trade in for my Octy with 230k on the clock :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:39 am 

the post you made on briskoda the car looked more grey mine is aqua blueImage and here is a pic in early January when it arrived at the skoda dealer in Glasgow Image but think yours is steel grey skippy bay be wrong though but doubt thats its aqua blue like mine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 am 

Yours looks grey in the photos, but your right it is grey metallic
As the car is sold to me they have removed it from auto trader so the links does not work

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:57 am 

skippy41 wrote:
Yours looks grey in the photos, but your right it is grey metallic
As the car is sold to me they have removed it from auto trader so the links does not work

yeah it's the lighting, but its an icy blue looks light blue at daytime and silver at night, the differences beteen your superb and mine are as far as i know yours is steel grey mine aqua blue, yours has a 1.9 tdi pd mine 1.6 tdi cr,yours has a silver strip running round the side windows mine hasn't, i have drl's yours hasen't (small lights beside the fog lights) only very very late 59 plate's and there on get them your regi: SG59G** is a september 2009 so it hasn't got them but no biggie as they just stay on during the day and when you turn on sidelights low or high beem they go off. Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:28 pm 

United did your insurance go up at all or stay the same, my Octy being the estate was a group 7 the superb a 6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
United did your insurance go up at all or stay the same, my Octy being the estate was a group 7 the superb a 6

nope its still the same the only extra was the £50 admin fee for changing cars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:54 pm 

That Pug looks a bit 'boxy' :?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 pm 

toots wrote:

the pug is indeed a box on wheels,

but still on got a 1/3 of its first tank left and 320 miles on the clock so looks good on the fuel front :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 pm 

Foxtrot26 wrote:
toots wrote:

but still on got a 1/3 of its first tank left and 320 miles on the clock so looks good on the fuel front :)

did it have a full tank in it? mine supposedly had £25 in it but it was nearly on the red line so had to pop in for some diesel whilst going to get the meter fitted and then when i came back out to the car got the fright of my life as it would not start but then realized that the clutch had to be full depressed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:11 am 

Foxtrot26 wrote:
toots wrote:

They are good on fuel but you don't have to get the boxy version for that :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:41 am 

toots wrote:
Foxtrot26 wrote:
toots wrote:

They are good on fuel but you don't have to get the boxy version for that :wink:

aaah but the boxy version is very cheap and ruddy practical.

it also tells the world i have no soul left :sad:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:44 am 

I dont think your manor will be getting a visit from the pope any day soon, :lol: :lol: but they are well known as pope mobiles around here, and folk shu away from them

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:56 am 

skippy41 wrote:
I dont think your manor will be getting a visit from the pope any day soon, :lol: :lol: but they are well known as pope mobiles around here, and folk shu away from them

That sort of dark age thinking reminds me of the attitudes we had here, when I started out 17 years ago.

Saloon hacks soon to join these attitudes in the dustbin of history. Changed days now. :D