the correct answers are (often):-

Yes we do
Yes we do
Yes we do
No we dont
No....often its 14 days

There may be regional variations but whose hiding the truth? and making a mint

Code:
On a framework contract, if you have not been told by 12:00pm the day before that transport is not required then you can charge for transport.  If, however, you received notice before 12:00 the day before transport is not required then you cannot charge. The conditions of contract state that with short notice cancellation (made later than 12:00pm the day before), if you were unable to make alternative use of the vehicle (i.e. do another job) then payment should be made.  I’m guessing with the weather you probably couldn’t make alternative use though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:21 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Challenge everything you get told cos I know most of its cobblers

We dont get paid if the schools closed
We dont get extra for extra kids
We dont get annual rises
We only get paid what we paid you
We dont get paid for 60 days

the correct answers are (often):-

Yes we do
Yes we do
Yes we do
No we dont
No....often its 14 days

There may be regional variations but whose hiding the truth? and making a mint

Code:
On a framework contract, if you have not been told by 12:00pm the day before that transport is not required then you can charge for transport.  If, however, you received notice before 12:00 the day before transport is not required then you cannot charge. The conditions of contract state that with short notice cancellation (made later than 12:00pm the day before), if you were unable to make alternative use of the vehicle (i.e. do another job) then payment should be made.  I’m guessing with the weather you probably couldn’t make alternative use though.

That is not how the contracts work in Leicestershire.
We don't get paid if the school is closed.
We don't get extra for extra students unless there is additional mileage.
We haven't had an increase in price for 4 years.
we get paid after 30 days.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:29 pm 

I did say there could be regional variations......

seeing as staffs borders leics the differences are big...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:54 pm 

I saw LCC offering our Warks CC work, I wonder whose "rules" take precedence in that case?

id be pretty hacked off doing a WCC run via LCC if it was cancelled and LCC wont pay but WCC would have

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:42 pm 

In Kent we get an annual rise in line with inflation (usually); they <say> no pay if the school's closed or the kids don't go, but "the book" says we get paid if we go to school and the kid isn't there; the book says we get standing costs when school's shut because of the weather; they <say> we don't...

Conditions vary with different cc's. Best bet to find out is get hold of a copy of your CC's Terms and Conditions.

There is however an old law known as "frustration of contract" which in effect says you aren't entitled to get paid for conditions outside your or the council's control.This dates back to 1780-ish. a seaman was crossing the Atlantic and died en route. his widow asked for payment of his full wages for the whole trip. the outcome was that it was nobody's fault he died, so the payment of wages ended at the moment of death. similarly, the ships owner couldn't claim breach of contract against the sailor's estate for the same reason. There's been several other cases over the years and I used that case to get out of a particularly troublesome LT bus route about 15 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:46 pm 

Lincolnshire T&Cs here:

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/upload/p ... _Nov06.pdf rule 13.7

Leicester T&Cs here:

http://www.leics.gov.uk/index/highways/ ... itions.htm

A google search will find them for your area too. Don't put up with bovine excrement!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:36 pm 

I have an individual school run given by a local council.They have kept me in work since 1994.I am paid unless they give me warning in good time ie;24 hours.They always pay within 14 days and we get a periodic pay rise in line with inflation I think,not a lot but,better than nothing.Contracts run for 3 years.On a few occasions now I have taken a child from the age of 11 right up to leaving school.If it was'nt for the school runs then the job would'nt be worth it nowadays!.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:44 am 

This is taken from the Leics conditions.

No payment will be made for any contracted journey(s) cancelled before their operation. For any journey cancelled with very short notice, for example when a driver has left for a pick-up, the Council will pay the normal rate for that journey.

In adverse weather conditions the following payment rules shall apply: the full morning rate for any scheduled morning journey if a vehicle has set out but is then unable to complete the job because of weather conditions or the receiving establishment is closed but no payment for the return journey if it was known that the journey was not required. For subsequent days, when it is known that the journey was not required because the establishment is closed, no payment will be made.

Contracts within the Agreement that have been running for a minimum of 12 months will be eligible for a price review from the following April 1st each year, provided there has been no price adjustment within the previous 12 months. The review will be triggered by request and any uplift applied will be at the discretion of the Council, will be uniform across all qualifying Contracts and will not exceed the prevailing RPI (Retail Price Index).

The price review will never happen because contracts in Leics do not exceed 12 months.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 am 

So that's how the b'stards get round it, no contract over 12 months! Luckily in Kent, contracts are usually 3 years.

Again, quite why people tender below the current price is beyond my comprehension. It's cheaper to sit at home than go out and lose money subsidising the council.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:59 am 

This all very interesting to me to observe all of you exchanging info on T's and c's on these contracts, but surely if you multiplied you 3 by 2000 or so that would reveal an immense amount of info from across the Nation much of which would be beneficial to you, and of course thats what a Union would do, then the next step a TEMPLATE contract eradicating the nonsense and including the advantageous, for sure it would take some time to correlate but given the effort would i suspect be most rewarding for all Drivers :?:

And of course the Union's lawyers would assist in constructing the template and like wise Union sponsored supported Councillors would support it in their areas, seems common sense to me :D :D :D

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:45 pm 

Maybe we just dont want to be in a union, did you consider that?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:47 pm 

grandad wrote:
The price review will never happen because contracts in Leics do not exceed 12 months.

but the framework had the option "to extend" any contract

smarter folk than us drew it up im afraid...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:04 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Maybe we just dont want to be in a union, did you consider that?

Of course i did, its their choice but given this scenario i could see the industry benefiting greatly, ie getting the best possible deal for their work :D

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
grandad wrote:

but the framework had the option "to extend" any contract

smarter folk than us drew it up im afraid...

Smarter folk than you wannabrain hardly difficult DOPE but of course smarter people than you are in Union's and would advise negotiate and represent the trade to all workers advantage, yer being topped up ffs get organised like they are and beat them :D :D :D

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:22 pm 

Trots, you know FA, you dont know the systems or the contracts, you claimed special needs education kids should all go by bus, all you do is slag people off who dont share your twisted point of view, no-one really likes you, cant you find a different way to vent your pent up anger? have you suffered much or been abused? is your dick laughed at when women see it? just whats your problem?

seek help chap