Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Do you get annoyed?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:22 pm 

At passengers who disrespect your cars? toady i was helping an old lady out the back of the car and while i was closing the inside rear door spotted a big blob of chewing gum on the handle of the door :evil: :twisted: so had get some tissues peel it off and then use some antiseptic spray on it makes me soooooo angry at people who think that they can do what they want in a taxi :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Do you get annoyed?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:25 pm 

United Taxis 11 wrote:
At passengers who disrespect your cars? toady i was helping an old lady out the back of the car and while i was closing the inside rear door spotted a big blob of chewing gum on the handle of the door :evil: :twisted: so had get some tissues peel it off and then use some antiseptic spray on it makes me soooooo angry at people who think that they can do what they want in a taxi :twisted: :twisted:

Indeed it does, but what can you do other than duff them up? :shock:

What really gets my goat is when they do their scratch cards in the car and brush all the mess onto the seats. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:39 pm 

Sussex wrote:
United Taxis 11 wrote:

Indeed it does, but what can you do other than duff them up? :shock:

What really gets my goat is when they do their scratch cards in the car and brush all the mess onto the seats. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

i hate it when they bring kids in and let them eat chocolate, and when you say "no eating in the car please" they start shouting at you as if you are the bad guy, and at night you get some of the drunks asking to light one up thats a no no, years ago when you could smoke in taxis i let sober people smoke but the boozers i didn't had one that nearly set fire to the place by sitting a lit fag on the seat thank god the smoking laws came in

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 pm 

I am truely blessed :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:28 pm 

Schoolkids who come straight off the farm and get in the car leaving mud, straw and cow dung all over the floor.. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:34 pm 

i had a guy a few weeks ago in the octavia who had run out of fuel in his jeep, so phoned for a taxi to take him to the fuel station, lucky me got the hire so he got there filled up a Jerry can and got back in the car dripping petrol onto the carpet as we drove along, and when he got out the car reeked of petrol so got some deodorant and sprayed that on the carpet to cover the smell up as febreez isn't strong enough but lukily after 2 days the smell went away

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:52 pm 

United Taxis 11 wrote:
i had a guy a few weeks ago in the octavia who had run out of fuel in his jeep, so phoned for a taxi to take him to the fuel station, lucky me got the hire so he got there filled up a Jerry can and got back in the car dripping petrol onto the carpet as we drove along, and when he got out the car reeked of petrol so got some deodorant and sprayed that on the carpet to cover the smell up as febreez isn't strong enough but lukily after 2 days the smell went away

Lucky u didnt get pulled over else you could have been done for carrying what they class as hazardous goods

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:12 am 

c4bby wrote:
United Taxis 11 wrote:

Lucky u didnt get pulled over else you could have been done for carrying what they class as hazardous goods

Yup correct.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:19 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
United Taxis 11 wrote:
i had a guy a few weeks ago in the octavia who had run out of fuel in his jeep, so phoned for a taxi to take him to the fuel station, lucky me got the hire so he got there filled up a Jerry can and got back in the car dripping petrol onto the carpet as we drove along, and when he got out the car reeked of petrol so got some deodorant and sprayed that on the carpet to cover the smell up as Febreez isn't strong enough but luCkily after 2 days the smell went away

Should always insist petrol can is carried in a carrier bag and preferably in boot if the fumes build up inside the cabin of the vehicle you could potentially get an explosion I remember reading about one a year or so ago about a bloke who filled up at a petrol station and then the inside of his car went up in flames(he was killed) on the forecourt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:12 pm 

well i am not one to send people away only the really drunks, but he did put one bit of newspaper below it but it still dripped onto the carpet i did manage to cover the smell up and took the rubber mats out which had some petrol on it too, but the smell did go away eventually cause later on i had a guy in the car that asked if i had broke down earlier on due to the smell, but told him the story and he said that he wouldn't let anyone bring fuel into his car as the risk of fire is too high

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:12 pm 

well i am not one to send people away only the really drunks, but he did put one bit of newspaper below it but it still dripped onto the carpet i did manage to cover the smell up and took the rubber mats out which had some petrol on it too, but the smell did go away eventually cause later on i had a guy in the car that asked if i had broke down earlier on due to the smell, but told him the story and he said that he wouldn't let anyone bring fuel into his car as the risk of fire is too high

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:39 pm 

i find lots of things annoying but these really grate

when parents put their kids in and they walk all over the seat with dirty shoes and there are footprints everywhere
people turning the radio up on their own
customers who wont tell you where they are going,just "ill show you"
kids kicking the back of your seat

lots of others but these do jump out

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:21 pm 

I get annoyed when people think a cab journey is the best time to have a clear out of their pockets/handbags leaving bus tickets, scratchcards, tissues, receipts stuffed in door pockets or just left on the back seat.

Once had a woman decide that her 1 mile cab ride was a good opportunity to change her babies (very dirty and smelly) nappy even though she was going home. I asked if she could not wait only to be curtely told 'no it has to be done now'. Took her another few minutes to finish changing whilst we sat outside her house. And she left the dirty nappy (in a bag) on the floor :x So I went back and stuffed it through her letterbox.

Another of our drivers once found a used tampon on the back floor of his cab. Don't know which is worst, the fact that a female removed the tampon whilst in a cab or left it on the floor, disgusting cow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:51 pm 

Ive got to the stage now where everybody/everything annoys me........................................

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:13 pm 

i had a woman today who was drunk as, took ages to get the money for the fare and as she was getting out she fell onto the pavement and had to help her up she then said that she had forgot to go to somewhere in bellshill and asked if she could get back in, told her that i was finishing and she would have to phone for another taxi. i didn't want her back in the car and as i was pulling away she fell again but a other person picked her back up :? the joys of taxiing