Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:56 pm 

Do you remember the days when if you wanted to get somewhere you just stood by the side of the road and put your thumb out? Where have those days gone?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:30 pm 

grandad wrote:
Do you remember the days when if you wanted to get somewhere you just stood by the side of the road and put your thumb out? Where have those days gone?

Same place as Dixon of Dock Green :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:12 pm 

grandad wrote:
jimbo wrote:
As I was leaving a man came up to me and asked if I wanted a minicab. I was tired, so I said, 'Yes.'

Why is the headline for this article "The night I was raped by a minicab driver"?

She was not was she?

If the man who raped her was dressed as a Judge, would the headline have been "The night I was raped by a Judge"

And I do not seek to trivialise the awful crime. The rapist was not a minicab driver.

That might be a clue.

But it isn't a clue though is it? The man who asked the question was NOT a minicab driver, ergo she was not raped by a minicab driver.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:56 pm 

jimbo wrote:
grandad wrote:
jimbo wrote:
As I was leaving a man came up to me and asked if I wanted a minicab. I was tired, so I said, 'Yes.'

Why is the headline for this article "The night I was raped by a minicab driver"?

She was not was she?

If the man who raped her was dressed as a Judge, would the headline have been "The night I was raped by a Judge"

And I do not seek to trivialise the awful crime. The rapist was not a minicab driver.

That might be a clue.

But it isn't a clue though is it? The man who asked the question was NOT a minicab driver, ergo she was not raped by a minicab driver.

To her he was a minicab driver, somebody who could be trusted, little did she know he was a predator and that is a mistake that she will have to live with for the rest of her life. Lots of people trust taxi/ph drivers and have no reason not to, they aren't aware that people pretend to be a taxi/ph driver or why they would pretend. It is usually something that is only ever thought about when something bad happens to somebody they know or themselves. This lady will probably never get in a ph vehicle alone or will only use the easily recognised black cab. Lesson learnt and probably a lesson learned by her friends also but not necessarily learnt by anybody else because they won't have read about it or heard about etc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:42 am 

toots wrote:

To her he was a minicab driver, somebody who could be trusted, little did she know he was a predator and that is a mistake that she will have to live with for the rest of her life.

Sorry, I don't accept this.
I think she didn't care if he was a minicab driver or not. She wanted home and was prepared to risk her own safety, rather than phone for a PH or wait at a rank.

Quote:
Lots of people trust taxi/ph drivers and have no reason not to, they aren't aware that people pretend to be a taxi/ph driver or why they would pretend.

Is anyone really that naive in this day and age?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:46 am 

gusmac wrote:
toots wrote:

To her he was a minicab driver, somebody who could be trusted, little did she know he was a predator and that is a mistake that she will have to live with for the rest of her life.

I think she didn't care if he was a minicab driver or not. She wanted home and was prepared to risk her own safety, rather than phone for a PH or wait at a rank.

Quote:
Lots of people trust taxi/ph drivers and have no reason not to, they aren't aware that people pretend to be a taxi/ph driver or why they would pretend.

How many of your passengers ever check that the plates on your car are genuine?
How many of your passengers ever check that your drivers badge is genuine?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:44 am 

grandad wrote:
gusmac wrote:
toots wrote:

Quote:

Never had a passenger ask to inspect my badge or license and can't say I've ever seen any interest taken in my plates either that said I'm ph so people are expecting you but still after the years I've being doing the in you would think someone would have asked

The general public just don't seem to care tbh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:09 pm 

Foxtrot26 wrote:
grandad wrote:

Never had a passenger ask to inspect my badge or license and can't say I've ever seen any interest taken in my plates either that said I'm ph so people are expecting you but still after the years I've being doing the in you would think someone would have asked

The general public just don't seem to care tbh

That is my point. Generally people trust and believe everything. So if a chap says he is a minicab driver, he is believed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:54 pm 

grandad wrote:
]

As the scrote in the OP had neither, I don't quite see the relevance of this? Unless you are arguing the case for doing away with licensing altogether?

No, they don't often check that plates/ badges are genuine, but they do sometimes notice they are there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:56 pm 

grandad wrote:
Generally people trust and believe everything. So if a chap says he is a minicab driver, he is believed.

He could have saved time by telling her he was a gynecologist then :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:34 pm 

gusmac wrote:
grandad wrote:
]

As the scrote in the OP had neither, I don't quite see the relevance of this? Unless you are arguing the case for doing away with licensing altogether?

No, they don't often check that plates/ badges are genuine, but they do sometimes notice they are there.

Oh come on, you know that they are never checked by customers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:52 pm 

grandad wrote:
gusmac wrote:
grandad wrote:
]

Oh come on, you know that they are never checked by customers.

Depends what you mean by checked.
Most notice that there's a plate. In the case of PH, it's the only outward sign that it is a PH.
Do they note the details or check the validity? No, most don't.

And I maintain that anyone approached by a random stranger asking if they want a taxi should be suspicious, unless they are a complete retard.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:40 pm 

This sad incident happenend in london, and credit where it is due, TFL spend bundles on advertising telling people not to get into cars off the street.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:23 am 

I'm sure if the title of the article was "the night I was rapped by a minicab driver" it wouldn't have got as many views.....just an everyday tale of a wannabe hipster talking in rap to his punters :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:27 am 

you shud of got a proper taxi
they would have charged you to the maxi
coz I got lost
I dunno where im going
we're on runway 3 and gonna hit that boeing.

:wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next