Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:34 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
Nice piece mush but it dont put the ball in the net does it whats your solution to these issues you will know mine get unionised control the politicians NOW and yours :?:

Half the issues raised in the article concern globalisation - sadly this isn't something a taxi association or union can readily solve - particularly bearing in mind your union funds the party that is partially responsible for the mess we're currently in.

Its quite interesting - the PM is in India this week - a radio 5 live story told of how foreign labour wasn't allowed a job in India unless the company could prove there was no one local that could do the job.

Its quite ironic - if we tried that in the UK we'd be called racist and anti free market and whatever else.

The facts seem to revolve around who benefits from the excess labour pool - it certainly isn't the local labour force. Indeed, today it was announced that employment was actually at record levels - employers will give a person 16 hours paid labour and expect the state to top up the earnings with family credits - in effect a company can easily cover hours with numerous employees and know the state will effectively top up wages.

Indeed - because employees sign 16 hour agreements - they will be doing these hours knowing they're going to get overtime - yet things like holiday pay etc revolve around the 16 hour agreement and not the actual hours they are doing.

And before you start blaming the nasty tories and nasty liberals - all this came about through your union backed labour party - who seem to have forgotten their roots because they sold out to the people who filled the labour party bank account.

Little wonder the Scots want to f*ck off - because I don't blame them, I'd do the same myself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 pm 

And please don't dare suggest I am anti union - because that is a falsehood.

Unions are largely responsible for improving the working conditions of the working man - they are also demonised by the press in much the same manner as the press demonises other easy targets (as mentioned above).

It is interesting to note that for all of the anti union legislation done by Mrs thatcher and her cronies during the 1980's and 1990's - none of it was largely reversed by Tony Blair and his labour cronies afterwards - now between you and me - don't you find that as quite bizarre - a party funded by unions (and started by unions) didn't reverse the anti union legislation?

So I'm sorry - when you tell me about unions having control of politicians - I am a bit of a cynic.

Because of what the unions didn't do with Blair - we seem to have a situation where workers are scared to ask for wage increases because workers are scared to death about job security.

We have broadly the same in the taxi industry - how many times do people hear of fare increases being put on hold because drivers are scared the opposition don't increase their prices?

Indeed and more arguably - how many times has the taxi trade accepted local rules because of the fear of deregulation?

Now more to the point - I am pretty good aren't I :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:49 pm 

captain cab wrote:
And please don't dare suggest I am anti union - because that is a falsehood.

Unions are largely responsible for improving the working conditions of the working man - they are also demonised by the press in much the same manner as the press demonises other easy targets (as mentioned above).

It is interesting to note that for all of the anti union legislation done by Mrs thatcher and her cronies during the 1980's and 1990's - none of it was largely reversed by Tony Blair and his labour cronies afterwards - now between you and me - don't you find that as quite bizarre - a party funded by unions (and started by unions) didn't reverse the anti union legislation?

So I'm sorry - when you tell me about unions having control of politicians - I am a bit of a cynic.

Because of what the unions didn't do with Blair - we seem to have a situation where workers are scared to ask for wage increases because workers are scared to death about job security.

We have broadly the same in the taxi industry - how many times do people hear of fare increases being put on hold because drivers are scared the opposition don't increase

their prices?

Indeed and more arguably - how many times has the taxi trade accepted local rules because of the fear of deregulation?

Now more to the point - I am pretty good aren't I :wink:

Well I got you out of yer shell mush and if you perceived i was insulting you yer wrong :D

Yes new Labour and Blair were scum not abolishing the hyenas anti union laws was of course disgraceful and clearly we did not ie the Union's exert control over the new Labour parasites, many left the party the wrong move I think I aint letting no New Labour scum rip us orf again but obviously on me jack i aint likely to make much impression fortunately theres plenty like me emerging lets hope we are successful :D

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:27 am 

captain cab wrote:

Half the issues raised in the article concern globalisation - sadly this isn't something a taxi association or union can readily solve - particularly bearing in mind your union funds the party that is partially responsible for the mess we're currently in.

Its quite interesting - the PM is in India this week - a radio 5 live story told of how foreign labour wasn't allowed a job in India unless the company could prove there was no one local that could do the job.

Its quite ironic - if we tried that in the UK we'd be called racist and anti free market and whatever else.

The facts seem to revolve around who benefits from the excess labour pool - it certainly isn't the local labour force. Indeed, today it was announced that employment was actually at record levels - employers will give a person 16 hours paid labour and expect the state to top up the earnings with family credits - in effect a company can easily cover hours with numerous employees and know the state will effectively top up wages.

Indeed - because employees sign 16 hour agreements - they will be doing these hours knowing they're going to get overtime - yet things like holiday pay etc revolve around the 16 hour agreement and not the actual hours they are doing.

And before you start blaming the nasty tories and nasty liberals - all this came about through your union backed labour party - who seem to have forgotten their roots because they sold out to the people who filled the labour party bank account.

Little wonder the Scots want to f*ck off - because I don't blame them, I'd do the same myself.

That about covers it.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:24 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:
whats YOURS :?: :?:

I believe CC will usually have a Guinness.

Does cc still play Golf.

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:13 pm 

charles007 wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:
whats YOURS :?: :?:

I believe CC will usually have a Guinness.

Does cc still play Golf.

Is a Cows Ar5e 1% Horse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related