Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:19 pm 

Saturday night it was my sisters 40th birthday party so got a taxi to the venue, phone the taxi, the company i work for. taxi comes was a young Pakistani gentleman i sit in the front and the the wife in the back asked him the usual, hows your night going etc and never got any reply, anyways getting near the destination and next thing i know he goes into the scheme 1 minute before the destination which should have straight down the main road, i asked him where he was going and he said "i don't understand" i tell him "that you do understand me and turn round and get back to the main road" but this took him about 3 minutes to do a turn in the road and the meter is still counting so anyways we eventually get there meter came to £9.50 should only have been about £6.80 so i give him £8.80 he says "that's not enough" i say "well you took a longer route of a simple journey and i'm not giving you any more" i mean really why do you come to this country can't speak a word of English and haven't got a clue where to go and become a taxi driver?? i mean i'm a decedent off Irish family but we've been here for over 100 years, and was born and lived in Scotland all my life. on friday i was driving up a one way street and while doing so there was a car coming to me in the opisate direction going the wrong way so i flashed him and he stopped beside me was a foreign taxi driver and told him he was going up a one way street the wong way and he said to me "i know" so i told him "why were you going up there? you could have knocked someone over not expecting you or crash into an oncoming car" at this point he just drove off. and the other week my daughter was doing her usual shopping in Asda and she gets a taxi from there to her house usually comes to £5.00 or £6.00 the rank was empty, so phones a taxi it comes was a polish guy , so she gets to her house and the meter comes to £13!! she refused to pay him and he threatened to phone the police on her she got out and didn't pay him, quite right he had put the meter on tarrif 4,cheek of him trying to overcharge people, who know who else he has scammed and the old people don't like to argue about fares and he is away thieving, gets my blood boiling so it does. :evil: :evil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 pm 

You should have reported your one to the office

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:30 pm 

yea you should have reported him these people give the trade a bad name eusasmiles.zip

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:31 pm 

i reported him this morning when i paid my radio money, told them when i phone for a taxi don't send any of them ethnics to my door

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:34 pm 

ethnics thats nice and polite :badgrin:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:36 pm 

Just waiting for Nidges take on this :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 pm 

dunk wrote:

could have said allot worse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 pm 

United Taxis 11 wrote:
dunk wrote:

could have said allot worse

And deducted the over charge from the rental :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:02 am 

Why did you not take all the drivers details, paid the fare and asked for a receipt. Then you could have gone to your licensing department and made a proper report. Technically you were wrong not to pay the full fare. Your daughter could be prosecuted for making off without payment. There are proper ways of dealing with these things.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:46 am 

No strict standards = Anyone will be licensed.

That simple.

Its why the London Minicab trade buys drivers from [edited by admin] like Romania.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:00 am 

toots wrote:

If they can't speak English and don't know where they are going THEY SHOULDN'T BE IN THE FUCKIN COUNTRY. Pretty simple really.

Round here they've killed the trade stone dead, the people don't want them so are booking firms who haven't got asian drivers.

One old lady got in my cab on Saturday on the rank, she must have gone past 5 Pakistani drivers and got in my car, she said I'm not getting in with them robbing bastards again.

There was one round here who lost his badge for Skyping his mate while driving with passengers in.

They'll kill the trade dead before long.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:12 am 

grandad wrote:
Why did you not take all the drivers details, paid the fare and asked for a receipt. Then you could have gone to your licensing department and made a proper report. Technically you were wrong not to pay the full fare. Your daughter could be prosecuted for making off without payment. There are proper ways of dealing with these things.

If the daughter walked away because he'd charged her £13 for a £6 job she's well within her rights to walk away without prosecution. That's what I tell the punters to do round here, if they feel they've been overcharged the law is on their side more than the drivers.

Offence for overcharging £1,000 fine or 4 weeks in prison it's classed as theft.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:08 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
grandad wrote:

If the daughter walked away because he'd charged her £13 for a £6 job she's well within her rights to walk away without prosecution. That's what I tell the punters to do round here, if they feel they've been overcharged the law is on their side more than the drivers.

Offence for overcharging £1,000 fine or 4 weeks in prison it's classed as theft.

Making off without payment carries a 2 year prison sentence and up to £5,000 fine. If a passenger thinks, or knows that they have been overcharged they should seek redress through the proper channels.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
toots wrote:

If they can't speak English and don't know where they are going THEY SHOULDN'T BE IN THE FUCKIN COUNTRY. Pretty simple really.

Round here they've killed the trade stone dead, the people don't want them so are booking firms who haven't got asian drivers.

One old lady got in my cab on Saturday on the rank, she must have gone past 5 Pakistani drivers and got in my car, she said I'm not getting in with them robbing bastards again.

There was one round here who lost his badge for Skyping his mate while driving with passengers in.

They'll kill the trade dead before long.

At the rate they're going, they'll kill their passengers and other innocent bystanders as well!

the trade round here is dead already, killed by government policies and no employment; there's virtually no "ethnic" p/h drivers round here, though a few Afghans and Gurkhas in Folkestone. The trade here has been killed by newcomers coming in and charging stupidly low prices.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 am 

You must complain to the council, not just the office.

As they want their rental money and will sweep it under the table.