Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 pm 

oh, when i went to get my meter fitted the guy said there is a few drivers he gets who hooks there meter to a printer and gives the customer it, but i have always used the cards issued by the firm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:08 am 

gusmac wrote:
Something like this will do.

Not quite wallet sized though is it? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:26 am 

grumpy wrote:
gusmac wrote:
Something like this will do.

Not quite wallet sized though is it? :wink:

You haven't seen the size of his wallet! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:48 am 

:D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:52 am 

cabby john wrote:
Quote:
walking off without payment is not a sure fire winner...unless you want free B&B under a blue lamp

That is not strictly true!

What you should do is to turn it into a civil matter! You show the driver that you have the means to pay i.e show him/her the cash, identify yourself i.e bank card/driving license.........and leave your address. In turn take his/her details i.e badge number, cab number and cab registration number + company if applicable!!!! That will frighten the dooby out of most of them, because you are clearly demonstrating that you know what you are doing - if they are not kosher in their dealings, you will NOT hear anything more about it.

So what if a punter declines to pay even if the fare is correct?....you are opening the lid on a can of worms saying a disagreement is valid cause not to pay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:26 am 

United Taxis 11 wrote:
i reported him this morning when i paid my radio money, told them when i phone for a taxi don't send any of them ethnics to my door

LOL!! you want to try and do that in stoke - you'd never get a taxi!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:04 pm 

ZingoTaxi wrote:
United Taxis 11 wrote:
i reported him this morning when i paid my radio money, told them when i phone for a taxi don't send any of them ethnics to my door

i noticed this once on a holiday in Coventry, it was walking past the rank just down from the transport museum and every taxi had a Asian driver, it took me by surprise cause 95% of drivers in my area are white-Scottish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:45 pm 

United Taxis 11 wrote:
ZingoTaxi wrote:
United Taxis 11 wrote:

i noticed this once on a holiday in Coventry, it was walking past the rank just down from the transport museum and every taxi had a Asian driver, it took me by surprise cause 95% of drivers in my area are white-Scottish

Down here i heard of a practice of selling signed receipts to punters for 40%of the stated fare on the receipt, the best customers for that little scam, Doctors, Polticians, Actors, and Hookers :badgrin: :badgrin: and no i didnt do it :D as if swindle the kraut Von Windsor :lol: :lol: :lol: :badgrin: :badgrin: :D :D moi never :wink: :wink:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:19 am 

roythebus wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
toots wrote:
Just waiting for Nidges take on this :lol:

If they can't speak English and don't know where they are going THEY SHOULDN'T BE IN THE FUCKIN COUNTRY. Pretty simple really.

Round here they've killed the trade stone dead, the people don't want them so are booking firms who haven't got asian drivers.

One old lady got in my cab on Saturday on the rank, she must have gone past 5 Pakistani drivers and got in my car, she said I'm not getting in with them robbing bastards again.

There was one round here who lost his badge for Skyping his mate while driving with passengers in.

They'll kill the trade dead before long.

At the rate they're going, they'll kill their passengers and other innocent bystanders as well!

the trade round here is dead already, killed by government policies and no employment; there's virtually no "ethnic" p/h drivers round here, though a few Afghans and Gurkhas in Folkestone. The trade here has been killed by newcomers coming in and charging stupidly low prices.
i mean allot of them are thieving B's. but on Christmas night i was at a friends house stayed their to 3.00AM phoned a taxi took a while to come as they were busy was a silver 59 plate Passat (wasn't that drunk could remember the car :lol:) was a Asian man and was very polite, and when i gave him a £2 tip, HE GAVE ME IT BACK!! saying that he doesn't except tips and only whats on the meter, thanked him very much and wished him well for the rest of the night, people like that give it a good name

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:51 am 

Nidge2 wrote:

If the daughter walked away because he'd charged her £13 for a £6 job she's well within her rights to walk away without prosecution. That's what I tell the punters to do round here, if they feel they've been overcharged the law is on their side more than the drivers.

Offence for overcharging £1,000 fine or 4 weeks in prison it's classed as theft.

i tell my son the same drop the money THAT IT IS on the seat and if they have a problem tell them come knock on the door...none have :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:55 am 

grandad wrote:
When I was overcharged by a driver (twice) On each occasion I paid the fare and got a receipt and the drivers details. I reported the incidents to the licencing department and I received a cheque from the company that the driver worked for. The cheque was not for the sum overcharged but for the total fare in both cases. The licensing department now have a record of the incidents in case anyone else makes a complaint. Simples.

if you knew it was overcharged why did you pay it???? on principal and not looking like a chump I would tell the driver to go [edited by admin] himself..I have never been ripped off in a cab because I will not allow myself to be...seems a more direct way of dealing with it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:57 am 

gbone wrote:
grandad wrote:
When I was overcharged by a driver (twice) On each occasion I paid the fare and got a receipt and the drivers details. I reported the incidents to the licencing department and I received a cheque from the company that the driver worked for. The cheque was not for the sum overcharged but for the total fare in both cases. The licensing department now have a record of the incidents in case anyone else makes a complaint. Simples.

if you knew it was overcharged why did you pay it???? on principal and not looking like a chump I would tell the driver to go [edited by admin] himself..I have never been ripped off in a cab because I will not allow myself to be...seems a more direct way of dealing with it

depends on the circumstances.......why ruin a good evening by confrontation?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:00 am 

captain cab wrote:
gbone wrote:
grandad wrote:

depends on the circumstances.......why ruin a good evening by confrontation?

i love a good confrontation especially when im right :lol: ...but there wouldnt be a confrontation he would have the right fare and i would walk away...why let people take the [edited by admin]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:03 am 

gbone wrote:

i love a good confrontation especially when im right :lol: ...but there wouldnt be a confrontation he would have the right fare and i would walk away...why let people take the [edited by admin]

lol people are different, I personally wouldn't - I'd probably do the same as grandad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:07 am 

captain cab wrote:
gbone wrote:

lol people are different, I personally wouldn't - I'd probably do the same as grandad

i couldnt do it....i couldnt go in the house thinking hes just ripped me off and I said nothing...hed say something if I paid him short you can bet that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next