It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Rant of the day
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:33 pm 

you sure have bad day eidde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:30 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
no, they probably have a speedo reading over by 10%, they think they are doing 30mph but are really only doing 27....

But if their speedo is showing 30mph why do they slow down even more ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Had a right one this morning on a narrow country lane car coming towards me about halfway between is a passing place. Other car reaches passing place about 3 secs before me where does he stop IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD I still had to over the grass verge :roll: even if he had pulled to the edge of the carriageway there would have been room but no he has to stop his car in a position which made the passing place unusable as such

snap

a woman in a mazda sports car, i slowed into a passing place, does she do the same? no, she stops short, making me (still moving) climb the grass in the narrow bit where sha had stopped....if she had kept moving we would have passed just fine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 pm 

sasha wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
no, they probably have a speedo reading over by 10%, they think they are doing 30mph but are really only doing 27....

But if their speedo is showing 30mph why do they slow down even more ?

cos they think they are doing more

work that one out

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:20 pm 

Half of them can't read a speedo without changing glasses :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:16 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
I had an OAP-encounter the other day, i pulled out of a T junction (left) and noticed a car about 100yds approaching behind me, this was in a 30mph zone, i was up to 30mph in about 2 seconds, and hadnt impeded the other car in any way, the driver proceeded to flash his headlamps 10 times and pound his horn (he was about 50yds behind me), we both went the same way along a country road, he sounded his horn at any car oncoming he judged not to be right over (despite them having already come past me with no discomfort) and he was holding up traffic behind him too, this was Victor Meldrew gone crackers, I had to slow down to 20mph just to watch him behind me (he was even slower), and he then pulled into his bungalow down the road from me................OAP-chav-ASBO driver!

Coming out of Tamworth today, guess who is behind me?......PAYBACK TIME! (has to be done)

hes flashing at me for doing 30 in a 30 zone....pipping his horn at anyone who gets closer than 10ft, STOPPING when a bus comes towards him when theres plenty of room....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:35 am 

What, besides alcohol, makes an approx 6'8", 15 stone male think he's invisible? Cos I had one try to be the 5th passenger in a 4 seater taxi tonight. FFS his head was on my parcel shelf and his legs near out the door. But, true to form, I was the [edited by admin] who thought it was wrong to take the hire to their destination. "no-one will know" ,"the polis won't give a feck", "we'll give you a couple pounds extra" "we're only going down the road" etc. were all heard and ignored. I simply switched off the engine and calmly (aye right) said "one out or all out I don't really care. This car's going nowhere" Cue the exit of the "invisible man" and a torrent of personal insults, in my direction. First time in a while, so not too grief stricken, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:11 pm 

whilst living in a small welsh town i had a lad do a runner (for £2) while forgetting everyone knew everyone in the town

2 weeks later, 1am, 15 miles away his sister and her mate gets in my car, so does her brother....the runner....

i told him to get out, so does his sister and hes left at the roadside, in the rain....in the dark.....at 1am.....going home where there was but 1 taxi number to ring.........me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:33 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
whilst living in a small welsh town i had a lad do a runner (for £2) while forgetting everyone knew everyone in the town

2 weeks later, 1am, 15 miles away his sister and her mate gets in my car, so does her brother....the runner....

i told him to get out, so does his sister and hes left at the roadside, in the rain....in the dark.....at 1am.....going home where there was but 1 taxi number to ring.........me

hate people who do runners, we are out there to make a living not ferry people about for nothing, in my area there are two main taxi companies, redline cabs and united taxis, i have worked for both of them and started off at redline stayed there for 20 years or so with my own general and then moved over to united with a private and they are they are better in my opinion redlines work is mostly in motherwell, but united gets all the wishaw area and surrounding suburbs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:09 pm 

Nearly flattened someone last night.

Raining, poor light, only doing about 25mph, woman staggering across road dressed completely in black mobile clamped to ear not a care in the world. Didn't see her until about 15ft away, if it hadn't been for her blonde hair probably wouldn't have seen her at all. I don't think she even saw me coming. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:05 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Managed to annoy a BMW driver today on the 421 going up the big hill before the M1 exit a van in front doing 50 BMW trying to race up the hill doing 100 but as he was far enough back i decided I would overtake the van anyway :D got a lot of abuse from the two young lads in the beamer but as they need to learn the speed limit is 70 not 100

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Managed to annoy a BMW driver today on the 421 going up the big hill before the M1 exit a van in front doing 50 BMW trying to race up the hill doing 100 but as he was far enough back i decided I would overtake the van anyway :D got a lot of abuse from the two young lads in the beamer but as they need to learn the speed limit is 70 not 100

Driving a Beemer allows the owner/driver to exceed limits. use a mobile phone, not bother indicating, drive around potholes/cyclists (into me) and park anywhere

thought youd know that

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:20 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
, not bother indicating,

beamers have indicators!!?? :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:33 pm 

grumpy wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
, not bother indicating,

beamers have indicators!!?? :shock:

they do but the mobile phone takes priority, as if the noise levels in a £50K car rules out a hands free kit...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:35 pm 

Extra rant

WHY cant Range Rover owners risk driving near puddles and wet grass, will it kill the 4x4?...