Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:40 pm 

grandad wrote:
I am saying that any transfer under either of the above conditions should be planned and appropriate checks done in advance. An exception may be where an owner dies suddenly.

Section 55 makes it abundantly clear that an operators license is granted to the person making the application,there by the named person leaves or sell the circuit another licensed named person must be in place or it must be deemed an unlicensed operation.

I think the wording of this section makes it clear the license is non transferable.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:03 pm 

heathcote wrote:
there by the named person leaves or sell the circuit another licensed named person must be in place or it must be deemed an unlicensed operation.

Not if they already have an operator's license.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:01 am 

Sussex wrote:
heathcote wrote:
there by the named person leaves or sell the circuit another licensed named person must be in place or it must be deemed an unlicensed operation.

That is not the case here though is it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:07 am 

grandad wrote:
Sussex wrote:
heathcote wrote:

That is not the case here though is it?

I think the thread has drifted, but my point is that a PH firm can be taken over without the person taking over being added to the existing operator's license.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:30 pm 

Sussex wrote:
I think the thread has drifted, but my point is that a PH firm can be taken over without the person taking over being added to the existing operator's license.

If the existing license holder remains at the company then I would agree but is this the case here? My understanding of this case is that the new chap bought the company and "took over" the license. Maybe it isn't clear if the existing license holder is still at the company but my guess is that they are no longer there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 pm 

A council gives a person a license to accept bookings for PH vehicles in their area.

Now why would that preclude that person from passing on work to drivers on another firm, without his name being on the operator's license of the other firm?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:05 am 

Sussex wrote:
A council gives a person a license to accept bookings for PH vehicles in their area.

Now why would that preclude that person from passing on work to drivers on another firm, without his name being on the operator's license of the other firm?

Show me where it says that the person who bought the firm has an operators license in his own name? It says that he was going to apply but didn't because as far as he was concerned he had bought someone else's license.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:18 pm 

Sussex wrote:

Nothing to stop him if the drivers he does not control have an operators license in their own name.

Your example would lead to a scenario of taking booking for a private hire vehicle without a private hire operators license.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:32 pm 

grandad wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Show me where it says that the person who bought the firm has an operators license in his own name? It says that he was going to apply but didn't because as far as he was concerned he had bought someone else's license.

It doesn't which is why I mentioned back a bit the thread had drifted.

The firm bought the firm, but unless the person who had the license died or handed in the license then he can still pass on work even if he doesn't own the firm.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:34 pm 

heathcote wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Nothing to stop him if the drivers he does not control have an operators license in their own name.

Your example would lead to a scenario of taking booking for a private hire vehicle without a private hire operators license.

A driver with an operator's license can take work from another operator. Under the deregulation act that operator can now be located anywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:27 pm 

Sussex wrote:
heathcote wrote:
Sussex wrote:

A driver with an operator's license can take work from another operator. Under the deregulation act that operator can now be located anywhere.

That is not what you implied in the original thread.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:08 am 

Some stuff about it in a Taxify blogpost, but not much detail.

Seems TfL aren't happy about the change of directors though.

Quote:
Merely 12 hours after the halting of operations, TfL sent yet another notice to the office of our fully licensed operating entity, City Drive Services, revoking their license completely. They cited irrelevant change of directors from the previous owners to a Taxify employee claiming this represented a risk for Londoners.

Full post here:

https://blog.taxify.eu/2017/09/bringing ... to-london/