Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 169  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gripe of the Day
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:17 pm 

Sitting around scratching your arse for a job, and the office quote punters 15 minutes wait.

For a pick up 200 yards from where half a dozen cars are sitting. #-o

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:16 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
Sitting around scratching your arse for a job, and the office quote punters 15 minutes wait.

For a pick up 200 yards from where half a dozen cars are sitting. #-o

couldn't do that round here they'd put the phone down on you punters round here expect under 3 minutes but usually if you tell them 5 they accept but if you tell them next 10 they reply I'll try someone else

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:15 pm 

drivers texting in sick or today texting in refusing to work because it's too quiet :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:00 pm 

The national lottery !!

I only ever win lucky lotto dips but when it's a "roll down draw" as well as an email saying "won a lucky dip" it's an extra email saying news about your ticket so you log in to find you've won a fiver :roll: better than nowt I s'pose.

I had 2 emails telling me I'd won the other was £2.30 on the euro which is 20p less than the price of the ticket :roll:

I wish they'd just email telling you you've won a small prize!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:18 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I wish they'd just email telling you you've won a small prize!

Yes, annoys the hell out of me. I think they don't tell you how much you've won because they want you to log on in the hope you'll buy another ticket.

And I hate emails with your name in the title anyway - I mean, might have seemed clever twenty years ago in the early days of the internet, but now? :roll:

Anyway, got the "Stuart, you've won a prize!" email the other night, and connection was poor, so took several minutes to find out I was only 20p up on the night rather than £100m.

In fact, in the past a couple of times I've had the email at about 1am, and tried to log on but the site's down for maintenance till 6am or so ](*,)

In fact, part of me hopes I don't win any small prizes, because these emails just get your hopes up, then when you realise you've just won a couple of pounds it feels like a huge kick in the teeth :cry:

Anyway, think I won the same as you last night, because I got the £5 plus the lucky dip.

In fact I normally just do the Euromillions, but did the Lotto last night because I won £4.60 on Friday's Euromillions :)

So that was £2.70 on Tuesday, £4.60 on Friday, and £5 and a lucky dip last night \:D/

So apart from the time I won £20, that's about my best spell ever :-o :sad: :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:02 am 

In the days before they added an extra set of numbers and made it well nigh impossible to win I did once win £87.00 (4 numbers) and used to get 2 or 3 £10 wins a year

Oh and they shut the website between midnight and 06.00 which I believe is something agreed with the government when they were awarded the lottery so you can't buy tickets 24/7.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:00 am 

I have more luck on the premium bonds. £225.00 since April.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:47 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Oh and they shut the website between midnight and 06.00 which I believe is something agreed with the government when they were awarded the lottery so you can't buy tickets 24/7.

Maybe they did in the past, but pretty sure it's online all the time now, and I was definitely on it about 2am a couple of nights recently.

Maybe they don't let you buy tickets, but I've never actually tried buying one at that time of night.

I'll have to try tonight sometime 8-[

To be fair, they do try to limit your spending. They automatically set me a £500 per week limit :roll: and I can only increase it by £500 every seven days ](*,)

Likewise, I can only add £350 a week to my account, and can only increase that by £350 every seven days :-s

I assume everyone gets the same default spending limits. But they do seem a tad high :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:02 pm 

Do any of you actually go in a shop and buy them?

And then, heaven forbid, actually check the numbers yourselves?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:16 pm 

Sussex wrote:

I get my tickets through the website and I keep the same numbers and pay by direct debit. i still check the numbers after every draw. My wife usually gets her tickets at the supermarket and checks them the same as I do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:58 pm 

edders23 wrote:

I got this message when I tried to log on about 2am:

But I think you *can* log on in the early hours at times, it's just that you can't play the games. But that depends on which game. 11pm is latest for the standard lottery draws, but 2am for all the other stuff like Instant Wins, or whatever (but 1am at weekends :-s ).

National Lottery wrote:
When can I purchase a ticket and play an Instant Win Game?

All draw-based games close promptly at 7.30pm on draw days and 11pm on non-draw days and re-open at 8am the following day.

The EuroMillions game re-opens at 9pm until 11pm every Tuesday and Friday. EuroMillions tickets purchased after the 7.30pm draw break will be automatically entered into the next draw.

All game play, including Instant Win Games are suspended at 02:00 am Monday to Friday, and at 01:00 am on Saturday and Sunday. During periods when our website is unavailable, we carry out essential maintenance such as the processing of draw information and wins from all National Lottery draw-based games.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:00 pm 

Sussex wrote:

A lot easier to do it online rather than fannying around finding shops, queuing etc [-(

And especially now that my nearest outlet is five miles away :-o

I do lucky dips, and don't note the numbers, so just wait for the email. Or not, as is more usually the case.

Just one of these odd rituals that people have, I suppose.

In fact, when I bought them in the shops I never liked checking my tickets for some odd reason, and ocassionally had six month old tickets that I hadn't checked, so had to do them before they expired :shock:

But that was more when I just did the lottery ocassionally. In fact, must have went ten years at one point without buying a ticket.

But the checking thing was another factor in doing it online - your numbers are checked automatically, although the email never arrives until the early hours. In fact, I only got the email about my recent lucky dip win at least 12 hours after the draw :-o

Don't know if you're informed earlier if you win big, but I've never had that pleasure :sad:

But I see there's even a smatphone app for checking the tickets now, using a QR code :roll:

Don't know why people would download an app or whatever, then buy a ticket in the shops, but I suppose they have to cover every eventuality :roll:

But when I used to buy them in the shops, another thing that really annoyed me was people coming in with about ten tickets which they got the shop to check, while I'm waiting to buy a pint of milk and a tin of beans.

So another good reason to do it online.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:57 pm 

Well I won the Euromillions. Again. Another "Stuart, you've won a prize!" email at 1am =D>

£2.60 this time, so 10p up on the night :roll:

But that's five prizes I've won in the last five draws :shock:

Didn't actually win anything in Wednesday's Lotto draw, but won £5 *and* a lucky dip on Saturday :-o

(And normally just do the Euromillions, and not the standard Lotto, but I put my 'winnings' on extra Lotto tickets on Wednesday and Saturday.)

Don't know why, but it feels kind of deflating to win so often, but not even a single prize of a tenner :sad:

And these "Stuart, you've won a prize!" just do my nut - I'd prefer the prize money in the subject line rather than my name. I know what my name is, it's been the same for almost 57 years ](*,)

Then your connection is at a snail's pace, so it takes forever to log in to discover that you're 10p up on the night rather than £100m :cry:

(At least I manage to resist the temptation to play these several other games that are staring you in the face when you log in - supsect that's another reason they don't tell you how much you've won in the email :? )

Well that's me finished emoting about the lottery. For a few hours, at least 8-[

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:21 pm 

Nope won nowt on euro or lotto as per usual :sad:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:52 pm 

drivers throwing their toys out of the pram! :roll:

I have a driver who has his own school contracts plus 3 others that do school contracts obtained by a firm from Deeping. I allow this as I regard my drivers as properly self employed. It's been a slightly better day due to weather but still not anywhere near where it should be. I put the drivers onto the clear list in the order they shouted on after completing the contracts BUT one expected to be automatically at the top of the clear list and when I gave another the next job challenged me and I told him I'd gone with order clear so he decided to go home in a strop! :roll:

I bet if he'd been given preferential treatment the others would have thrown a paddy!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 169  Next