All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:17 pm 

Eyop Sheffield city council is going to give us another£500, amazing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:24 pm 

rayggb wrote:
Eyop Sheffield city council is going to give us another£500, amazing

How much did you get before

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:44 pm 

How do you actually go about getting these grants ? ,its not as if you can phone your local council
everything is done online. I have had a look ,and to be honest im lost in all the jargon .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:30 pm 

youbeenbusy wrote:
How do you actually go about getting these grants ? ,its not as if you can phone your local council
everything is done online. I have had a look ,and to be honest im lost in all the jargon .

Think that's part of the plan. :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:50 pm 

youbeenbusy wrote:
On our Council web site there is a box called Covid support that opens all the different support schemes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:30 am 

youbeenbusy wrote:

If you're a grassroots driver in England then I doubt if there's much support available, unfortunately, apart from the SEISS grants for the self-employed from HM Government.

Some individual councils have offered support to grassroots drivers, but I'm guessing they're just a small minority of local authorities. And if your own council did offer such assistance, I'm sure you would have heard about it by now. And I suspect too that the application process wouldn't be particularly difficult.

But the fact that you're asking on here mabye suggests that there's nothing readily available from your council - if, for example, other drivers in your area were able to claim something then you'd probably know about it by now.

Don't take my word for it, though, but I wouldn't get your hopes up :-|

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:49 pm 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-yo ... ions-grant

Go to your MP and ask him why your council is not supporting your taxi trade when they have had the money from the gov
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) provides local councils with grant funding to support closed businesses that do not directly pay business rates as well as businesses that do not have to close but which are impacted. In addition, larger grants can be given than those made through LRSG (Closed).

Local councils can determine which businesses to target and determine the amount of funding from the ARG.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:12 pm 

MR T wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-youre-eligible-for-the-coronavirus-additional-restrictions-grant

Go to your MP and ask him why your council is not supporting your taxi trade when they have had the money from the gov
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) provides local councils with grant funding to support closed businesses that do not directly pay business rates as well as businesses that do not have to close but which are impacted. In addition, larger grants can be given than those made through LRSG (Closed).

Local councils can determine which businesses to target and determine the amount of funding from the ARG.

Our council passed 200 grants this week including Additional restrictions grants. i know that several hackney owner/drivers applied but I have not yet heard the outcome. All I know is that our application was approved but I have not had confirmation of how much we have been awarded. i was told that the grant should be in our bank by Tuesday next week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:54 pm 

I have had a look at my councils website it does indeed have a ARG grant available . It will pay out to self employed
poeple with fixed costs ,but i dont really have fixed costs as i pay my insurance ,breakdown cover and such upfront.
Though upto Christmas i used to pay £90 a week to my plate owner , but that is now stopped as im a plate owner
as i bought a plate on Christmas week.
I might have a word with other drivers and see if they know if grants are available to drivers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:37 pm 

MR T wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-youre-eligible-for-the-coronavirus-additional-restrictions-grant

Most Labour Councils are ignoring helping the trade, North Tyneside is one, Sunderland and Durham are paying drivers a one off grant of £500 from Monday 1st February.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:35 pm 

heathcote wrote:
MR T wrote:

Most Labour Councils are ignoring helping the trade, North Tyneside is one, Sunderland and Durham are paying drivers a one off grant of £500 from Monday 1st February.

Name and shame them ..... Put them them in the local papers ...... I am

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/taxi-drivers-risking-lives-27p-19712597

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... p-19712597

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:49 pm 

heathcote wrote:

Labour seem to be trying to make political capital out of this [edited by admin]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:11 am 

[quote="youbeenbusy"]I have had a look at my councils website it does indeed have a ARG grant available . It will pay out to self employed
poeple with fixed costs ,but i dont really have fixed costs as i pay my insurance ,breakdown cover and such upfront.
Though upto Christmas i used to pay £90 a week to my plate owner , but that is now stopped as im a plate owner

You do have fixed costs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:08 am 

MR T wrote:
youbeenbusy wrote:
I have had a look at my councils website it does indeed have a ARG grant available . It will pay out to self employed

You do have fixed costs

Just because you pay them up front does not mean that you can't claim for them pro rata.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:54 am 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
youbeenbusy wrote:

You do have fixed costs

Just because you pay them up front does not mean that you can't claim for them pro rata.

You tell him