Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:37 pm 

grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
the schools opening 100% (all ages) on March 8th is a mistake

Please provide the scientific data that you have used to show that this is a mistake?

Schools are a Petridish of infections. When the schools went back infections skyrocketed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:52 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Please provide the scientific data that you have used to show that this is a mistake?

Schools are a Petridish of infections. When the schools went back infections skyrocketed.

That was in September. We are now talking about March. Things have changed a bit since then.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:30 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

It has not been proved that the schools were the cause of the infection rise, most likely cause was adults not complying with covid rules that were in place, it is always the adults 18+ not abiding by rules who cause the spikes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:32 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
Children back to school infections rise exponentially death rate balloons adding 1000's onto those already MURDERED by these Tory excreta

the worlds gone bonkers #-o #-o #-o

Teachers Unions are appalled at this effing nonsense =D> =D>

Hancock is a murderer and a criminal cospirator how many BILLIONS have been fed into Tory supporters pockets ??

Rest assured the calculations are ongoing as to how much they can steal by murdering UK citizens .................absolute SCUM IN MY VIEW :D along with Starmer the lickspittle ponce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No inoculation your locked up in yer house should be first step get caught outside you should be banged up in a Concentration Camp :badgrin:

What’s a “cospirator”?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:44 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Is it just me or does anyone else think people are reading it wrong

The phrase AT THE EARLIEST was used a lot but today on the radio apparently there was an overnight frenzy of people booking holidays for immediately after the quoted date.

Hairdressers were reportedly being besieged with people trying to book hair appointments

The only group of people who were sounding a cautious note were the pub landlords being interviewed

I am not expecting miracles or trade to go back to normal we shall have to see what happens and how near to normal life becomes

I think it must be just you. At the time you wrote this, just after dictator for life Boris Johnson proclaimed that he would be guided by data not dates, but still went on to set certain dates in stone, which was rather strange and counter intuitive, no one would have expected infection rates, hospitalisation rates, and death rates to be falling at the rate they are now reducing at. Much less the scientists. We are now three weeks ahead of where we expected to be on the 22nd February. If we are guided by data, we should be moving the dates for relaxation of the lockdown forward, but will we? Of course we won’t, because we are guided by dates, not data, when it suits. Meanwhile, the economy goes tits up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:04 pm 

jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

The phrase AT THE EARLIEST was used a lot but today on the radio apparently there was an overnight frenzy of people booking holidays for immediately after the quoted date.

Hairdressers were reportedly being besieged with people trying to book hair appointments

The only group of people who were sounding a cautious note were the pub landlords being interviewed

I am not expecting miracles or trade to go back to normal we shall have to see what happens and how near to normal life becomes

I think it must be just you. At the time you wrote this, just after dictator for life Boris Johnson proclaimed that he would be guided by data not dates, but still went on to set certain dates in stone, which was rather strange and counter intuitive, no one would have expected infection rates, hospitalisation rates, and death rates to be falling at the rate they are now reducing at. Much less the scientists. We are now three weeks ahead of where we expected to be on the 22nd February. If we are guided by data, we should be moving the dates for relaxation of the lockdown forward, but will we? Of course we won’t, because we are guided by dates, not data, when it suits. Meanwhile, the economy goes tits up.

The dates are not set in stone, they are the earliest that restrictions in those groups can open.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:25 pm 

grandad wrote:
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

The dates are not set in stone, they are the earliest that restrictions in those groups can open.

Exactly dates, not data. We were told data not dates.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:40 am 

jimbo wrote:
grandad wrote:
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

The actual dates will depend on the DATA!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:13 pm 

grandad wrote:
jimbo wrote:
grandad wrote:
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

The actual dates will depend on the DATA!

Not according to Chris Whitby yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:54 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

That was in September. We are now talking about March. Things have changed a bit since then.

8 staff test positive at School

Eight staff members at a primary school are self-isolating after testing positive for Covid-19.

Gretton Primary School, which is part of the Brooke Weston Trust, has been forced to delay the return of some year groups after eight members of staff tested positive for coronavirus.

The positive cases were confirmed after staff completed a lateral flow test, which they take twice a week.

Admittedly this is in the Corby area which has been one of the worst areas in the UK recently

And in STAMFORD ! https://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/positive-coronavirus-case-at-school-9159356/

A case of coronavirus has been confirmed at Stamford Endowed Schools.

A Year 9 pupil at Stamford School received a positive result after completing a lateral flow test.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:38 pm 

edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Eight staff members at a primary school are self-isolating after testing positive for Covid-19.

Gretton Primary School, which is part of the Brooke Weston Trust, has been forced to delay the return of some year groups after eight members of staff tested positive for coronavirus.

The positive cases were confirmed after staff completed a lateral flow test, which they take twice a week.

Admittedly this is in the Corby area which has been one of the worst areas in the UK recently

And in STAMFORD ! https://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/positive-coronavirus-case-at-school-9159356/

A Year 9 pupil at Stamford School received a positive result after completing a lateral flow test.
Are you saying that they all caught this in a school that only opened on Monday?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:00 pm 

One of the local sixth form schools undertook 2600 tests over the last few days.

Only one was referred to have a full PCR test.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:15 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Are you saying that they all caught this in a school that only opened on Monday?

both schools have NOT been closed as far as I know so haven't opened on Monday in fact I don't know of any schools in this area that closed just operating with fewer pupils

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:18 am 

edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

both schools have NOT been closed as far as I know so haven't opened on Monday in fact I don't know of any schools in this area that closed just operating with fewer pupils

Ah, so it has nothing to do with the schools reopening. Just a coincidence.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:39 pm 

There has got to be a rise in the number of cases as we are now testing one and a half million a day.

The fact that the increase is in single figures is quite remarkable.