PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:49 pm 

congratulations team, another TDO exclusive :wink:

captain cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:53 pm 
The bits at the end are :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:57 am 
I think everyone involved on this website in getting the details and writing the factual report deserve the highest praise.

Best wishes

John Davies
Manchester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:19 am 
I am glad to note that my complaints have been taken on board to achieve an excelent report.

why cannot they all be of this high quality?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:38 am 

right sussex, your big chance and i leave it to you bud

who you gonna lay the boot into first? :lol:

regards

captain cab

(the sarky comment from the guest would be an idea, but thats perhaps a bit easy) :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:21 am 
captain cab wrote:
right sussex, your big chance and i leave it to you bud

who you gonna lay the boot into first? :lol:

regards

captain cab

(the sarky comment from the guest would be an idea, but thats perhaps a bit easy) :evil:

so cant tell the difference between sarcasm and fact?

of course its even betting he will lay the boot into T and G he cannot resist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:26 am 
Well I hate to say it but

"I TOLD YOU SO"

B. Lucky :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:08 pm 

Happy Geordie wrote:
Well I hate to say it but

"I TOLD YOU SO"

Told us what? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:29 pm 
Clueless trade members.
Clueless licensing officails.
Clueless OFt people.
Clueless MPs.
No wonder we could all be in the poo. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:06 pm 

its would seem to me that the only clueless people before the transport select committee, and I hate to say it, were the OFT.

It certainly came across that way anyway.

Instead of sticking to facts they made assumptions without having the necessary proof.

They should be shot at dawn as they have set the trade back another 20 years.

Regards

Captain Cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:11 pm 

Slightly unfair Mr Cgull.

Having experience of dealings with MPs and councillors, the taxi game is way down the list.

The OFT man didn't seem that clued up, but in my very honest opinion, I don't think he has got much too worry about.

Most of what the cab trade hear is from elements of the cab trade. Now it's fair to assume that they could be biased. :wink:

But in the big world out there are people with power, that we seldom hear from. The Institute of Licensing and the Consumers Groups have the ears of the powers that be. :wink:

And they don't like the restrictions, bless them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:04 pm 
Says it all really don't it??? It was on the cards anyway. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh happy days :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Oh by the way the demo in Watford on Tuesday was a success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:45 pm 
captain cab wrote:
its would seem to me that the only clueless people before the transport select committee, and I hate to say it, were the OFT.

Instead of sticking to facts they made assumptions without having the necessary proof.

Regards

Captain Cab

I would have to disagree about the OFT being the only clueless people there, the committee members were equally as clueless. I suppose everyone saw how Graham Stringer kept going on about rank Marshals and how stupid the idea is, well he obviously doesn't know that his own city of Manchester has had rank marshals since before xmas. What makes it more laughable is the fact that Richard leese the Council leader who sanctioned these Marshals was deputy leader under Stringer.

Peter Perkins when asked by the T & G Ex Caby from London if the increase in cabs in Birmingham had lead to less people working nights Perkins replied he believed it had, then in the the next sentance he states that there is too much congestion because space at ranks and night clubs are overcrowded. Well Mr Perkins I' would like to say that those two statements are incompatible. If there are no Cabs out at night the ranks will be emtpy or didn't that occur to him. There again he doesn't drive a Cab in Birmingham does he? Or anywhere else for that matter, but surely some brain from the committee should have picked up on the contradiction.

Dunwoody was just as clueless I forget what the exact question was that she asked the Cambridge licensing officer but it was put in a way that was meant to score a point but the Cambridge licensing officer was forthright and accurate in her reply and it was Dunwoody who was left looking foolish.

When I get time I'm going to rip this session to pieces to show just how stupid these people really are, and I might even send it to each and everyone one of those MP's just to let them know what a real cabby thinks of their knowledge of the Cab trade and the poor contribution they gave in the Committee session.

Maybe others should do the same, regardless of which side of the fence you sit on.

Best wishes

John Davies.
Manchester.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:45 pm 
captain cab wrote:

Regards

Captain Cab

I would have to disagree about the OFT being the only clueless people there, the committee members were equally as clueless. I suppose everyone saw how Graham Stringer kept going on about rank Marshals and how stupid the idea is, well he obviously doesn't know that his own city of Manchester has had rank marshals since before xmas. What makes it more laughable is the fact that Richard leese the Council leader who sanctioned these Marshals was deputy leader under Stringer.

Peter Perkins when asked by the T & G Ex Caby from London if the increase in cabs in Birmingham had lead to less people working nights Perkins replied he believed it had, then in the the next sentance he states that there is too much congestion because space at ranks and night clubs are overcrowded. Well Mr Perkins I' would like to say that those two statements are incompatible. If there are no Cabs out at night the ranks will be emtpy or didn't that occur to him. There again he doesn't drive a Cab in Birmingham does he? Or anywhere else for that matter, but surely some brain from the committee should have picked up on the contradiction.

Dunwoody was just as clueless I forget what the exact question was that she asked the Cambridge licensing officer but it was put in a way that was meant to score a point but the Cambridge licensing officer was forthright and accurate in her reply and it was Dunwoody who was left looking foolish.

When I get time I'm going to rip this session to pieces to show just how stupid these people really are, and I might even send it to each and everyone one of those MP's just to let them know what a real cabby thinks of their knowledge of the Cab trade and the poor contribution they gave in the Committee session.

Maybe others should do the same, regardless of which side of the fence you sit on.

Best wishes

John Davies.
Manchester.