Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:41 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
grandad wrote:
skyline cabbie wrote:
I sit on the ranks and train stations and work on a radio skyline taxis alongside 200 other hackenys and private hires.

Ranks you average wait 1-2hours for local £5 fare.
Station average 2hours+ for £10+ fare sometime can even wait there for 2hours+ and get a local £5 fare.
Radio lucky to get 1 local £3 fare in 2hours.

What are YOU doing to try and increase YOUR takings?

he bought a cab!

typical hackney mentality

"Ill sit here and work will come my way"

Yes i bought in 1997 With a 1992 Vauxhall cavalier for £23,000 then 4 years later Numbers where delimited to WAV so you buy a 4year old cab and got a plate.
Numbers in 1997 = 78
Now over 300

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:00 pm 

Quote:
typical hackney mentality

"Ill sit here and work will come my way"

I love them, and quite frankly I do not know as to what I would without them - bless em :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:31 pm 

skyline cabbie wrote:
Yes i bought in 1997 With a 1992 Vauxhall cavalier for £23,000 then 4 years later Numbers where delimited to WAV so you buy a 4year old cab and got a plate.
Numbers in 1997 = 78
Now over 300

Yes but what are YOU doing to increase YOUR takings?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:46 pm 

grandad wrote:
skyline cabbie wrote:
Numbers in 1997 = 78
Now over 300

more hours....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:47 pm 

Quote:
Yes i bought in 1997 With a 1992 Vauxhall cavalier for £23,000

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

get outta here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:56 pm 

Do these 300 cabs drive themselves?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:30 pm 

blackpool wrote:
So let me get this right,you say encourage people to leave the trade and get plate holders to have a 'cull of vehicles' and your pro deregulation ? Even for you thats sh1te :roll:

I'm saying if folks can't earn out of this trade then best they leave. What advice are you giving?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:31 pm 

187ums wrote:
Mr Sussex and his chums at the LC wish this upon the rest of us. Even when they are presented with the evidence they will deny it and still favour the free for all approach.

I don't need evidence that we are in a recession, but the chap wants advice on the future.

Maybe you can address that rather than my comments.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 pm 

Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:
So let me get this right,you say encourage people to leave the trade and get plate holders to have a 'cull of vehicles' and your pro deregulation ? Even for you thats sh1te :roll:

I'm saying if folks can't earn out of this trade then best they leave. What advice are you giving?

Im not giving advice because theres not a lot i can tell him, i know how hard it is as its my job. But your advice is about as much use as ........ . From the man who wants deristriction, you really couldnt make it up. More cabs less earnings simple, did they do maths in your day :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 pm 

It's about adaptation to a change/s. The more plates on the scene, the less the slice of a cake to be had. It's basic economics. You have to change something to stand out of the crowd, so that your phone starts ringing as others don't have it. Gotta go against the flow, be it pimping up your ride, getting alcohol licence for your ride, changing sexual orientation by going PH, pimping your mother in law to spotty teenage punters or whatever else. I can't think of anything else :) As an example I pimp myself as a bilingual chauffeur with a pimped up ride. Sweet!

sitting in a queue for 2+ hours for a fiver?! [edited by admin] that!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:10 pm 

romik wrote:
It's about adaptation to a change/s. The more plates on the scene, the less the slice of a cake to be had. It's basic economics. You have to change something to stand out of the crowd, so that your phone starts ringing as others don't have it. Gotta go against the flow, be it pimping up your ride, getting alcohol licence for your ride, changing sexual orientation by going PH, pimping your mother in law to spotty teenage punters or whatever else. I can't think of anything else :) As an example I pimp myself as a bilingual chauffeur with a pimped up ride. Sweet!

a new low for TDO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
romik wrote:

a new low for TDO

Which bit the sitting 2 hours for a fiver ? :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
romik wrote:

a new low for TDO

Perhaps. There is fella in this county, had enough of sitting at a rank, wasting his time. Pimped up his ride and attitude, started charging £3.7 per mile, everybody told him he is an idiot. He now plots at his house, on a sofa in front of a telly, does 1-3 jobs per day, works less, makes more than 80% of drivers in this area for sure. I hope you understood what I said b4 was jokes, but the idea is solid - adapt or join a long queue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 pm 

grandad wrote:
skyline cabbie wrote:
Numbers in 1997 = 78
Now over 300

He's paying an operator to get him work, seems the operator needs to get off it's ass and start doing it's job.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm 

gusmac wrote:
Do these 300 cabs drive themselves?

Theres a few which are on road 24/7 but the rest 1 driver but majority of the time they are on road most vehicles are on road from 6am to 12am during the week and 12pm to 6am weekends.
Weekends night its busy here alot of public but come rank and theres 100s of cabs queing up and another 100cabs on the station.
What i am going to do to increase my takinging? Well i cant do anythink as the trade is finished here day by day more and more cabs coming on road.
Its all Tax credit/benifits as all drivers make what they can and claim the rest through tax credits.
Before we where delimited i didnt claim anythink as i was living fine of what i was earning but now i find it hard to pay bills and mortgage so i have to claim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next