Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:49 pm 

We seriously cant do anythink as another problem is Local fares companys charge £3.00 for a 4mile radius in milton keynes and over 4miles £1.10 extra.
So The centre Shopping mk to Giffard park is £3.00 and to Newport pagnell is £4.10 and on meter to Newport pagnell is £8.00.
And as A hackney its not worth is as if i drop someone off in Broughton and Get a Radio job from newport pagnell to The centre Mk i have to drive 3.5miles to broughton and another 4.5miles to the drop off point For £4.10.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:03 am 

skyline cabbie wrote:
We seriously cant do anythink as another problem is Local fares companys charge £3.00 for a 4mile radius in milton keynes and over 4miles £1.10 extra.
So The centre Shopping mk to Giffard park is £3.00 and to Newport pagnell is £4.10 and on meter to Newport pagnell is £8.00.
And as A hackney its not worth is as if i drop someone off in Broughton and Get a Radio job from newport pagnell to The centre Mk i have to drive 3.5miles to broughton and another 4.5miles to the drop off point For £4.10.

Same problem we have in ayles £3 anywhere in town.
One side to the other 5 miles and fare is £3 but us cabs all 50 of us are with a company which charges £4.00 to town and £4.50 across town or anywhere else so from rank we charge by the meter and radio is set fare.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 am 

skyline cabbie wrote:

Can somebody explain to me why anybody is driving upto 4 miles for £3.00 it seems financial suicide :?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:07 am 

hamidtaxi wrote:
skyline cabbie wrote:

Same problem we have in ayles £3 anywhere in town.
One side to the other 5 miles and fare is £3 but us cabs all 50 of us are with a company which charges £4.00 to town and £4.50 across town or anywhere else so from rank we charge by the meter and radio is set fare.

Again I ask the question, why are drivers doing fares of upto 5 miles for £3.00 :?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:10 am 

My vehicle runs approx 45p to mile with everything inc so if I was to run 5 miles in these silly areas it would cost me £2.25 to earn 75p and that is assuming that I'm already at my customers door when they ring.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:32 am 

Its Anywhere in town £3 so from 1 side to the other is £3 but mainly each fare is 2-3miles but even that its stupid first it was £3.50 to town, £4.00 across town, £4.50 Estate to estate and £5 from 1 side to the other.
But a new company opened a few years ago who started the £3 anywhere and now every private hire company in town is £3.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:54 am 

If they all start wearing curly wigs like the Scousers from Harry Enfield does that mean you will all have to ?

Thats the problem, one bunch of idiots with no business sense goes backwards and the rest follow like sheep

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:09 am 

Maybe the company is involved in something else and just uses this to wash its cash, or there drivers are not playing fair. At peak times do these companies struggle covering the supposed work?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:26 am 

At the end of the day the control of the companies is with the drivers, if only the drivers would realise that :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:03 am 

187ums wrote:
Maybe the company is involved in something else and just uses this to wash its cash, or there drivers are not playing fair. At peak times do these companies struggle covering the supposed work?

Every driver in private hire is now having to work upto 100hours a week just to make ends meet.
Even the company who started the £3 they have an over supply of vehicles and not enough work to go around i see drivers on the road 5 in the morning and still working at night.
And that company is now bringing other licened vehicles from other areas which are cheap and working here. Currently an ongoing court case is happening regarding this situation.
Theyve ruined every company and now relised £3 is not worth as with fuel prices going up, licencing costs going up and council introducing 4year age limits on newly licenced vehicles so theyve got vehicles licenced from rutland wich has no age limits cheap costs and driving here which i illigal and council has tooken them into court.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:08 am 
toots wrote:
At the end of the day the control of the companies is with the drivers, if only the drivers would realise that :wink:

Also worth noting that the control of the trade could be with the drivers...if only...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:39 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
romik wrote:
It's about adaptation to a change/s. The more plates on the scene, the less the slice of a cake to be had. It's basic economics. You have to change something to stand out of the crowd, so that your phone starts ringing as others don't have it. Gotta go against the flow, be it pimping up your ride, getting alcohol licence for your ride, changing sexual orientation by going PH, pimping your mother in law to spotty teenage punters or whatever else. I can't think of anything else :) As an example I pimp myself as a bilingual chauffeur with a pimped up ride. Sweet!

sitting in a queue for 2+ hours for a fiver?! [edited by admin] that!

a new low for TDO

What pimping your mother in law?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:15 am 

skyline cabbie wrote:

So you are not prepared to try anything to better your takings. Then I'm afraid that you deserve everything you get, or don't get in this case. the trade is full of people who just drive taxis. It is time that these people became taxi drivers instead. I am not a great believer in unions as such but I have to say that you lot need to talk to someone like brother Trotsky. You are being taken for the mugs that you appear to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:26 am 

grandad wrote:
skyline cabbie wrote:

So you are not prepared to try anything to better your takings. Then I'm afraid that you deserve everything you get, or don't get in this case. the trade is full of people who just drive taxis. It is time that these people became taxi drivers instead. I am not a great believer in unions as such but I have to say that you lot need to talk to someone like brother Trotsky. You are being taken for the mugs that you appear to be.

Or realised they are an autonomous (stand alone) BUSINESS* and if they tink 1 business (the base) is going to supply them with masses of work to help them get rich they are away with the fairies, especially in the midst of a recession

*and as a BUSINESS (after having invested heavily in it) they need to get real and find their OWN work instead of hoping for a miracle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:27 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
romik wrote:
It's about adaptation to a change/s. The more plates on the scene, the less the slice of a cake to be had. It's basic economics. You have to change something to stand out of the crowd, so that your phone starts ringing as others don't have it. Gotta go against the flow, be it pimping up your ride, getting alcohol licence for your ride, changing sexual orientation by going PH, pimping your mother in law to spotty teenage punters or whatever else. I can't think of anything else :) As an example I pimp myself as a bilingual chauffeur with a pimped up ride. Sweet!

sitting in a queue for 2+ hours for a fiver?! [edited by admin] that!

a new low for TDO

What pimping your mother in law?

i can try but good luck to you nidge......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next