Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:39 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
BBC have put a poll on twitter asking if people believe Grimsby can beat Brighton and 33.4 % of respondents said yes :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:48 pm 

edders23 wrote:
BBC have put a poll on twitter asking if people believe Grimsby can beat Brighton and 33.4 % of respondents said yes :lol:

Then I would like to have a wager with those folks. 8-[

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:26 pm 

I bet Arsenal wish the away goals rule still applied !

personally I think it's better than the lottery of penalties

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:05 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I bet Arsenal wish the away goals rule still applied !

personally I think it's better than the lottery of penalties

Interesting that Arsenal goes out of the competition at the same time Brighton's owner's second team go through.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:01 pm 

So today was Home vs 5th place Khalsa chasing the play offs. First half we got an early-ish first goal then two minutes later our no 10 was clean through on goal but hit the post followed by another 3 or 4 good chances over the following 5 minutes but we couldn't grab that important second goal. Second half it was chances at both ends then mid way through a bad challenge on one of our players the ref blew and then 2 seconds after the whistle their no7 chopped down our no 4 who was just controlling the ball before passing it over to where the free kick was given.

Our no 4 reacted badly to that and pushed their player then it was a massive brawl involving a dozen players in the middle of the pitch once the ref had finally got it under control 2 yellows and a red card issued their no9 getting sent off our no4 yellow carded along with their no7. Their no 9 refused to leave the pitch and it took 3 or 4 minutes for the ref to get him to walk. Play restarts and our no 4 is racing goalward with the ball and is chopped down again by their no7. So a second red card in as many minutes :shock: . Eventually 11 vs 9 told and we got number 2 followed by a defensive lapse giving them a goal back but despite some spirited chasing of the ball by Khalsa we managed a 3rd in injury time to keep out title challenge going.

So we beat 5th place 4th place Boldmere thrashed St Neots 5-1 the Tulips in 3rd after winning 9-0 away at Daventry in mid week were held 0-0 at the Steelmen and the Yeltz (our main challengers) lost 1-0 at home to Shepshed which means we are 9 points clear with 6 to play next up it's relegation strugglers Cambridge City away followed by St Neots at home but then we have to play both the Tulips and the Yeltz.

In the meantime Posh kept their slight playoff hopes alive with a 3-0 away win at some team that normally draw their games Man city are comfortably beating Burnley in the FA cup and then it's the Seagulls vs Harry haddock tomorrow Lunchtime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:18 pm 

Got to love Conte blaming everyone bar himself for pi**ing up a 3-1 lead with 15 minutes to go.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65002960

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:58 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Got to love Conte blaming everyone bar himself for pi**ing up a 3-1 lead with 15 minutes to go.

And 10 out of 10 for honesty. :shock:

https://youtu.be/7b9Z5uEw1tg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:16 am 

Sussex wrote:
Sussex wrote:

And 10 out of 10 for honesty. :shock:

https://youtu.be/7b9Z5uEw1tg

think the bookies will have him odds on favourite to lose his job on Monday

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:33 pm 

well Fulham handed Manure the semi-final place they certainly didn't win it on merit

So based on todays performances I would say a Brighton man city final is most likely

I am really not sure about Ten Haag his systems and team set up doesn't seem to quite suit the team they've gone backwards ever since Solskaer got the boot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:24 pm 

Quote:
So based on todays performances I would say a Brighton man city final is most likely

I can't disagree with that.

Man Utd are very hit-and-miss, which bearing in mind their squad and wage bill is rather surprising.

Last couple of times B&HA have played them B&H has won.

What's that they say about coming in threes? :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:20 pm 

so today we won away at Cambridge city but the Yeltz and Spalding all had good wins so we are still 9 points clear with 5 to play assuming out two closest rivals win all 5 of their games we would need 7 to guarantee promotion but both of out main rivals for the title have to play us but 2 of our last 3 home games are against teams in the bottom 4 so looking good at the moment.

Well Jimbo at least they didn't draw :wink:

I don't think there was anyone else who is a regular on here had a team playing today

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:18 pm 

edders23 wrote:
so today we won away at Cambridge city but the Yeltz and Spalding all had good wins so we are still 9 points clear with 5 to play assuming out two closest rivals win all 5 of their games we would need 7 to guarantee promotion but both of out main rivals for the title have to play us but 2 of our last 3 home games are against teams in the bottom 4 so looking good at the moment.

Well Jimbo at least they didn't draw :wink:

I don't think there was anyone else who is a regular on here had a team playing today

I’m far, far away at the moment, and couldn’t care less. Lincoln City won’t go up, and they won’t go down. But next season? Nine wins from 37 games doesn’t cut the mustard. I’ve been bored to tears this season watching them draw, draw, draw, and I can’t do it any more. Relegation fodder for 23/24. The manager has four years to go on a five year contract, can’t afford to sack him, doomed if we keep him. Not renewing my season ticket.
I’m far, far away in Tenerife, and the weather is fabulous. There is though for some reason, an awful lot of men around, and the few women are wearing sensible shoes. Strange. All the nightclubs have names like bottoms up and men only. Still, we’re having a gay old time, as they used to say…

Quote of the day from our Irish manager, “ when you’re building a house, you don’t start with the roof”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:43 pm 

Quote:
All the nightclubs have names like bottoms up and men only. Still, we’re having a gay old time, as they used to say…

Welcome to my world. 8-[

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:47 pm 

Had a shot every three minutes but only got three in.

Brentford are the luckiest team in the premier league.

Still amazed their striker hasn't been banned.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:21 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Had a shot every three minutes but only got three in.

Brentford are the luckiest team in the premier league.

Still amazed their striker hasn't been banned.

Brentford is a club which operates in a very similar way to Brighton and it's owner was a close associate of Brightons' owner was he not ?

It stands to reason then that there is a good chance of the two teams cancelling each other out.

I see potter lost again he just doesn't seem to be able to get Chelsea going does he ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next