Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:02 am 
This is obviously not a debating forum then.

So what is it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:29 am 

Charlie the Paperlad wrote:

So what is it.

Take some advice from me charlie, grow upor die, the choice is yours.

Best wishes

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:43 am 

Charlie the Paperlad wrote:

So what is it.

Your first lesson in life Charlie is to understand that the Taxi trade has nothing whatsoever to do with the private hire trade. Do you understand that?

Your second lesson in life is to understand that the legislation of 1847 has nothing whatsoever to do with the legislation 1976 saving for a limited number of sections in that act.

Do you now realise that private hire means exactly that and
Taxi means something entirely different?

Has it got through to you yet???

Best wishes

JD

Post subject: Unmet Need info
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:25 pm 

Thanks Yorkie for your reply,could you tell me who you sent the info to in the Isle of Man Government,and which Department,they kept this a secret from us, thanks also to the other contributors,there was a lot of onfo,re Salford and Durham, we have just had an update on our numbers,there are 215 taxis 63 private hire,plus 33 other type private hire, some do taxi work, others special type,we are still collating the figures,this is for a pop of 76315,in Douglas alone we have 106 taxis 35 private hire for a pop of 38308, but the full ratio is 274 to 1 we think this is well oversubscribed,
what do you others think.

Ronagcat

Post subject: Re: Unmet Need info
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:56 pm 
Ronagcat wrote:
Thanks Yorkie for your reply,could you tell me who you sent the info to in the Isle of Man Government,and which Department,they kept this a secret from us, thanks also to the other contributors,there was a lot of onfo,re Salford and Durham, we have just had an update on our numbers,there are 215 taxis 63 private hire,plus 33 other type private hire, some do taxi work, others special type,we are still collating the figures,this is for a pop of 76315,in Douglas alone we have 106 taxis 35 private hire for a pop of 38308, but the full ratio is 274 to 1 we think this is well oversubscribed,

Ronagcat

Rongcat,
What happened as I remember it clearly was on one of these sites, And I think it was the now defunct tff1 I was writing when I got an e-mail from the Isle Of Man licensing department as I understood it they like us had several zones.

I sent Halcrow Fox studies for my area and other doccuments and was offered recompence.

a bill was never sent and my company paid (this is not uncommon as it allows us to ask for information at a later date guilt free)

I spoke to this lady by phone, due to a computer abuse within our office the reccords have been lost.

I regret I am unable to help but I have instructed staff to dig out all the information I sent and who too, should this be found I intend to e-mail you asking for your address and circulate the detail you ask and the info sent to your government.

Auseless comment she was a young and very enthusiastic lady with great initiative.

surely thete can only be one that fits that bill in the Isle of man?

Post subject: Re: Unmet Need info
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:17 pm 

Ronagcat wrote:
we have just had an update on our numbers,there are 215 taxis 63 private hire,plus 33 other type private hire, some do taxi work, others special type,we are still collating the figures,this is for a pop of 76315,in Douglas alone we have 106 taxis 35 private hire for a pop of 38308, but the full ratio is 274 to 1 we think this is well oversubscribed,

It depends on a number of issues.

Some say if the plates have value, then that's evidence of un-met demand. Some also say that it's all down to driver standards, not to vehicle numbers.

But I suppose it will all come out in the survey. :wink: