Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:30 am 

A local driver held 4 days of parties to celebrate her daughter's 16 birthday. On the last night all hell broke loose with 40 drunk/drugged up kids causing mayhem in the street. there were 4 police cars, an ambulance and a first responder at the scene and the paramedics and first responder were abused quite badly whilst treating 4 kids who were in a bad way and needed hospital treatment.
Facebook was going wild and during one tirade on the Thursday night the parent of the girl whose birthday it was, who is a taxi driver in the town wrote in reply to a post something along the lines of "I would sooner you got raped than let you get in my taxi."
Not the best thing to put on facebook. She also put a post on her own facebook page saying "So what if I lose a few customers because of these snowflakes, there are plenty more around."
I wonder if our Council will be reviewing he badge?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:30 pm 

Suppose it might depend on whether police take formal action against her or not.

But stuff like that that's not directly job-related is always an interesting thing from a 'fit and proper' point of view. And then there's the wider topic of stuff posted on social media.

Suspect many councillors would take issue with some of the stuff posted on here, for example, but whether anything would actually be done about it is another matter.

But which is mabye why it's a good thing that there are relatively few who actually read the stuff on here 8-[ :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:02 pm 

Quote:
"I would sooner you got raped than let you get in my taxi."

F***ing idiot for saying that on social media.

Things like that never end well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:04 pm 

Quote:
But stuff like that that's not directly job-related is always an interesting thing from a 'fit and proper' point of view. And then there's the wider topic of stuff posted on social media.

Stuff like this is clear, to me, that questions about his 'fit and proper' status should be asked.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:49 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

Stuff like this is clear, to me, that questions about his 'fit and proper' status should be asked.
Point of correction, the driver making the rape comment is female.