Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Is this fair ?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:46 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
so David Beckham queued for 10 hours to pay his respects to the Queen

but at the same time Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby were allowed to jump the queue and walk straight in ! They are neither members of the royal family or foreign dignitaries so why should they get that privilege ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

Post subject: Re: Is this fair ?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:03 am 

edders23 wrote:
so David Beckham queued for 10 hours to pay his respects to the Queen

but at the same time Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby were allowed to jump the queue and walk straight in ! They are neither members of the royal family or foreign dignitaries so why should they get that privilege ?

My wife and I joined the queue in Southwark Park at 0145 on Friday, and walked to Westminster Hall, and left the lying in state 12 hours later. We didn’t see David Beckham, or anyone vaguely famous fin the queue. It’s inevitable that some “do you know who I ams “ will jump the queue, and we bear them no resentment. The whole experience was joyous and heartwarming. We are both in our seventies now, and found it hard going at times. So glad we decided to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:29 pm 

Quote:

It's not right, it's far from being right.

They should donate any earnings they made during that day to charity.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:35 pm 

Quote:
My wife and I joined the queue in Southwark Park at 0145 on Friday, and walked to Westminster Hall, and left the lying in state 12 hours later. We didn’t see David Beckham, or anyone vaguely famous fin the queue. It’s inevitable that some “do you know who I ams “ will jump the queue, and we bear them no resentment. The whole experience was joyous and heartwarming. We are both in our seventies now, and found it hard going at times. So glad we decided to do it.

My father-in-law gave Mrs Sussex a very stressful phone call the other day when he told her he was going to pay his last respects to the Queen.

He is 87 and struggles to walk.

However he was adamant and got the first train out of B&H at 5.15 am, thankfully with one of his sons as company.

He had his best suit on, he had his medals on, and he also had his white berry on. Ex RAF military police.

What panicky Mrs Sussex didn't realise was that disabled veterans could book a slot and enter via the assisted entrance. And bless his heart he paid his respects at 8.20 the same day. =D>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:39 pm 

Quote:
We are both in our seventies now, and found it hard going at times. So glad we decided to do it.

Well done, I'm delighted you both did it too. =D> =D> =D>