Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:26 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
popped round to see one of my ex drivers yesterday for a chat and catch up. They told me about an incident which I hadn't read about in the papers involving an electric car belonging to the company that bought me out.

They had put an electric car on the road and the driver had parked at the back of the rank. As the cars moved forward he put his foot on the accelerator but had put it into the wrong mode and the vehicle shot forward straight into the taxi in front with enough force to concertina 4 taxis ! The driver of the one 3 in front was by his open door doing something and got knocked over and slightly injured. It was mostly crunched bumpers and so the owner decided to repair all the vehicles without going through the insurance but I don't know if the driver kept his job.

I also found out the last of my drivers still working for them has left as they always feed their split purse drivers and give the owner drivers very little work.

I shall have to ask around if anyone has any photos :lol:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:08 am 

edders23 wrote:
popped round to see one of my ex drivers yesterday for a chat and catch up. They told me about an incident which I hadn't read about in the papers involving an electric car belonging to the company that bought me out.

They had put an electric car on the road and the driver had parked at the back of the rank. As the cars moved forward he put his foot on the accelerator but had put it into the wrong mode and the vehicle shot forward straight into the taxi in front with enough force to concertina 4 taxis ! The driver of the one 3 in front was by his open door doing something and got knocked over and slightly injured. It was mostly crunched bumpers and so the owner decided to repair all the vehicles without going through the insurance but I don't know if the driver kept his job.

I also found out the last of my drivers still working for them has left as they always feed their split purse drivers and give the owner drivers very little work.

I shall have to ask around if anyone has any photos :lol:

Naughty, naughty. Did they inform the insurance companies involved anyway? Did they inform the council? No grasses on your rank? It could be a lot more than a crunched bumper…

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:57 am 

jimbo wrote:
Naughty, naughty. Did they inform the insurance companies involved anyway?

for all to get increased premiums even if damage was under the excess or no claims made?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:52 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Well the driver wasn't sacked but decided he would rather have his own car than drive whatever they gave him so he bought,plated and put on his own car but as per their usual form he was left sitting on the rank whilst the percentage drivers got all the work. He has now changed companies !

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !