Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:25 pm 

edders23 wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
I'm almost at the point of packing it in too, when the uncertainty outweighs the certainties then its maybe time to move on......we are being forced to meet and pay for an ever growing list of Eco regulations and other rules out of an ever diminishing number of Customers and their cash..

Something has to give.

If you can exit the business and recoup some money from the sale of said business and assrts plus afford either to take a long sabbatical or retire the reduction in stress and ability to fianlly tick off one or two bucket list items is well worth it.

my deciding factors....

Licensing forever on the change with regs and requirements

bombastic attitude of county transport staff, treating us like muppets (cut price muppets)

public wanting cut rate fares

40k/3 year engine let go without warning (thankfully Skoda stood me a new engine, 3 days after it got back Cazoo bought it)

Regarding council staff, this really hacked me off in lockdown, routes were paid for on the provision drivers got paid who usually did the run, then they came looking for 1 kid per car operations in the june i think, i had 2 cars on contracts but 1 was going to do a greater mileage to take 1 kid to a school not on the contract, so i asked for a temporary increase...

Quote:
You are receiving full payment for the route that is stood down – I would expect the two cancel each other out. If not please provide an explicit breakdown of your calculations.
It is unlikely that we will be able to respond before Monday so please make a decision on operation and communicate this to the school as directed.

Kind regards,

I am doing school runs but as a PAYE driver now, part time, a pension top up....wifes on one too, no risk, no responsibility, holiday and sick pay...ive been off so far this school year, as a contractor i couldnt be off sick