Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:38 pm 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
They will probably ask that all private hire have to return to their own area before taking the next bookings. :wink:

How would that work if you take someone from say Liverpool to Birmingham airport and your next job is from Birmingham airport to Liverpool?
If I remember the conversation correctly.... that would be OK.....

Oh goody....we are going to have new taxi law decided by MrT's conversations !

ffs

CC
I am only reporting what is being said..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 pm 

MR T wrote:

Easy Tiger.

I firmly believe to alter this bit of legislation will lead to an abyss, but then I do look on the bright side.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 pm 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:

Easy Tiger.

I firmly believe to alter this bit of legislation will lead to an abyss, but then I do look on the bright side.

CC
I quite agree
From speaking to people on the private hire side.. it would seem that they intend to take full advantage of changing the law..... doomed..... definitely doomed.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:50 pm 

MR T wrote:
I quite agree
From speaking to people on the private hire side.. it would seem that they intend to take full advantage of changing the law..... doomed..... definitely doomed.....

Then where this is coming from is typical dinasaur........I do wish the T&G, or whatever they call themselves this week, would think things through ffs

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:50 pm 

captain cab wrote:

I disagree.

If things don't change then we will arrive at your abyss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:
I quite agree

Then where this is coming from is typical dinasaur........I do wish the T&G, or whatever they call themselves this week, would think things through ffs

CC
The first rule.... is to Remember that whilst you are making your plans... somebody else is making theirs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 pm 

Anyone wishing to contribute to the consultation should note that you can't just send a standard email!!

I wonder how many that will catch out?

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Anyone wishing to contribute to the consultation should note that you can't just send a standard email!!

my reply is being hand delivered by my local MP.. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:18 pm 

MR T wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:

Mine will be via Andrex

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 pm 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:

Mine will be via Andrex

CC

Are you confirming that you're full 'o sh*t then?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:35 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Are you confirming that you're full 'o sh*t then?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps, but considerably less than UNITE :wink:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:08 am 

Of course each individual who gives a monkeys ..... could make their own submission.

Then they could make a submission via their local associaton (they are a member because they give a monkeys...).

Then their national association could make a submission on their behalf (because their local associaton gives a monkeys... and belongs to the National association).

And - as if by magic - the poachers are beaten to the game by the gamekeepers who make all their responses on 666 pages with a 19 page guide, backed up with a 24 minute DVD (with Directors cut of an extra 25 minutes of outakes) which is allowed "in" because of the "Value of the input" completely paid for, though indirectly, by the poachers.

For anyone who doesn't know who is who, IoL and NALEO may be considered "Gamekeepers". We the simple folk who pay their wages - the "Poachers".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:15 am 

Chris the Fish wrote:
Of course each individual who gives a monkeys ..... could make their own submission.

Then they could make a submission via their local associaton (they are a member because they give a monkeys...).

Then their national association could make a submission on their behalf (because their local associaton gives a monkeys... and belongs to the National association).

And - as if by magic - the poachers are beaten to the game by the gamekeepers who make all their responses on 666 pages with a 19 page guide, backed up with a 24 minute DVD (with Directors cut of an extra 25 minutes of outakes) which is allowed "in" because of the "Value of the input" completely paid for, though indirectly, by the poachers.

For anyone who doesn't know who is who, IoL and NALEO may be considered "Gamekeepers". We the simple folk who pay their wages - the "Poachers".

so you think its sh*te too?

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:38 am 

No - far from it.

We could "Ostrich" the situation as presented, or we can do our best. Either way we could be "Shafted" - I just hope to be less "shafted" if we get our oar in (hoping thats not too nautical for you CC).

(Please forgive any spelling mistakes - I have had the honor to entertain Toots to dinner this evening and due to a slight intake of wine with dinner, my keyboard is not functioning as it would normaly.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:39 am 

Chris the Fish wrote:
No - far from it.

We could "Ostrich" the situation as presented, or we can do our best. Either way we could be "Shafted" - I just hope to be less "shafted" if we get our oar in (hoping thats not too nautical for you CC).

(Please forgive any spelling mistakes - I have had the honor to entertain Toots to dinner this evening and due to a slight intake of wine with dinner, my keyboard is not functioning as it would normaly.)

double ll i think......and toots cant take her ale, shes scouse like T ffs

CC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next