Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:51 pm 

RPLawCommission wrote:
Blimey, Zak, gives us a day to twos break!

For the record Mr RPLC, I don't actually think you really are a bunch of gutless *****, just a tad wrong. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:51 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
RPLawCommission wrote:
One conclusion that will be of particular interest to many readers of TDO is that we have changed our minds on quantity restrictions. We will be recommending that licensing authorities should continue to have the right to limit numbers of taxis (hackneys).

IMO, The Law Commission have not gone far enough!!

There should now be intense lobbying to get limitation on PHV numbers too.

Personally I don't think restriction is necessary if standards are high but by all accounts they won't be, which is a shame. I think most of the problems within the trade are caused by substandard ph and operators that just want to fill their coffers and customers that don't really know any better

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:52 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:

There should now be intense lobbying to get limitation on PHV numbers too.

Errm.....so you mean like if Birmingham has allocated their full allocation of PH plates a person wont have the option to go to errm Walsall with the exact same standards as Birmingham and then errm return to Birmingham to work? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:53 pm 

Sussex wrote:
RPLawCommission wrote:

For the record Mr RPLC, I don't actually think you really are a bunch of gutless *****, just a tad wrong. :wink:

If you wish to be taken seriously you really ought to stand by what you say and not back down at the first sight of the intended target :wink: :lol: I on the other hand I never said such a thing so I don't need to worry about offending anybody O:)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:54 pm 

toots wrote:
Personally I don't think restriction is necessary if standards are high but by all accounts they won't be, which is a shame. I think most of the problems within the trade are caused by substandard ph and operators that just want to fill their coffers and customers that don't really know any better

You make a good point Mrs Toots, but by binning off a geographical knowledge for PH drivers, the barrel is going to be scraped very much at the bottom. :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:58 pm 

Sussex wrote:
You make a good point Mrs Toots, but by binning off a geographical knowledge for PH drivers, the barrel is going to be scraped very much at the bottom. :sad:

making the operator more responsible for not hiring eejuts is how I see it :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 pm 

toots wrote:
If you wish to be taken seriously you really ought to stand by what you say and not back down at the first sight of the intended target :wink: :lol:

I think it just dawned on me that they are in fact a bunch of lawyers. #-o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 pm 

Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:

I've never been in favour of there being no knowledge test for ph, but, if you open borders as they plan too what is the point. It has always been expected here that a driver knows the local area regardless as to whether they drive a taxi or ph. I already get complaints that drivers are using satnavs and the journey is more expensive because of this, so heaven only knows what it's going to be like in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:

making the operator more responsible for not hiring eejuts is how I see it :wink:

That's a great idea, who's going to enforce it :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:02 pm 

toots wrote:

The public :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:04 pm 

toots wrote:
I've never been in favour of there being no knowledge test for ph, but, if you open borders as they plan too what is the point.

I'm certain that's the reason.

However I'm surprised the trade hasn't lobbied, on mass, that knowing where you are going to by the quickest route is a fundamental part of our trade.

Maybe large sections of the trade only lobbied on one issue, and that has taken up all the LC's time. :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:05 pm 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

The public :roll:

Of course, why didn't I think of that. Just a quick question though, would that be the same public that get into completely unlicensed vehicles without thought to personal safety?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:08 pm 

RPLawCommission wrote:

Just reading the Government response to all of this so far, which was published March 2013.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:12 pm 

toots wrote:

Of course, why didn't I think of that. Just a quick question though, would that be the same public that get into completely unlicensed vehicles without thought to personal safety?

that's the ones.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:15 pm 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

that's the ones.

I love your faith in the public, it apparently knows no boundaries :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next