Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:23 pm 

I'm in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with several things Capt Cab has said tonight. On which note, goodnight from me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:25 pm 

Sussex wrote:

And all the above doesn't take account of the fares downward spiral that will happen.

And drivers may leave if they don't earn enough.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
I would love to see the responses - buggered if I am going to read all of them, but I would love to know who made a response. I can't find them on the LC website, anyone know how to get hold of them?

http://lawcommission.justice.gov.uk/are ... s-docs.htm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:28 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:

And all the above doesn't take account of the fares downward spiral that will happen.

More likely to work more hours though :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:28 pm 

captain cab wrote:

But they don't, they just work longer and longer hours.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:29 pm 

Thanks Sussex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:33 pm 

toots wrote:
I'm inclined to agree with you with regard to firm, however I don't believe the situation will be good for the customer at all.

Its the operator that should be responsible for standards - at the moment all of their true responsibility is sub contracted to the Local Authority - the other week I posted an article regarding some PH driver racing to get through a level crossing - the gut response of the operator was to portion blame, point out self employed status and responsibility to the council.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21250&hilit=cambridge

Paul Clare, operations manager at Panther “Taxis”, with whom Ahmed was working, said: “Mr Ahmed is self-employed and was suspended from the Panther radio network pending his appearance in court and we fully support the penalty imposed on him.”

Of course the driver may be a nutcase - but he may have been late for a booking due to company incompetence - we'll never actually know - although if he'd died it may have came out in an inquest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:35 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Both youve upset him.

I wouldn't dream of it. :roll: :roll:

However from memory the LC got a load of grief whilst doing their original consultation, and that was totally unacceptable. So I just wanted to make it clear I'm not like that bunch of ruffians.

Even though, IMO, the LC have got it really wrong. [-X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:42 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Its the operator that should be responsible for standards

The PH operator is liable for everything that happens throughout the booking, via contract law.

Should a PH operator be liable for any council condition that's being breached by a driver or vehicle attached to his firm? IMO no.

At present they must keep insurance and personal details, I think that's as much as can be expected.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:45 pm 

Sussex wrote:
But in tourist areas many times you never see the punters again.

And because they aren't locals, they won't know when they are being turned over. :sad:

So they aren't getting turned over now?

In actual fact a driver has to know an area to turn over a passenger :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:53 pm 

RPLawCommission wrote:
I'm in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with several things Capt Cab has said tonight. On which note, goodnight from me.

There you go......eh? eh?

O:)

Splendid fellows

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:56 pm 

Sussex wrote:
The PH operator is liable for everything that happens throughout the booking, via contract law.

Should a PH operator be liable for any council condition that's being breached by a driver or vehicle attached to his firm? IMO no.

At present they must keep insurance and personal details, I think that's as much as can be expected.

So why should a council add more which is already the responsibility of the operator.

In any respect if the customer pricing in advance is actually followed through - it maybe doesn't matter which scenic route the minicab driver takes? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 pm 

captain cab wrote:
RPLawCommission wrote:

Splendid fellows

As if you needed it said for your head to get any bigger ffs :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:00 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:

So why should a council add more which is already the responsibility of the operator.

In any respect if the customer pricing in advance is actually followed through - it maybe doesn't matter which scenic route the minicab driver takes? :wink:

Customer pricing is already done, it costs £3.20 to get in the vehicle and then it costs £1.40 for each mile thereof and 30p for every minute you make me wait for you. Customers don't always go straight from A to B so accurate pricing prior to trip is not always available

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:00 pm 

captain cab wrote:
RPLawCommission wrote:

Splendid fellows

As wrote by his misses :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next