Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm 

The Law Commission should have been at the Grand National this weekend, they would have seen how completely unenforceable their proposals regarding private hire and licensing officers really are, the racecourse is right on the boundary, so we had Liverpool hackney officers chasing Sefton private hire and Hackney's, and Sefton licensing officers chasing Liverpool private hire and Hackney's................ pulling them up left right and centre................ while 50,000 people were trying to go home.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:05 pm 

MR T wrote:
The Law Commission should have been at the Grand National this weekend, they would have seen how completely unenforceable their proposals regarding private hire and licensing officers really are, the racecourse is right on the boundary, so we had Liverpool hackney officers chasing Sefton private hire and Hackney's, and Sefton licensing officers chasing Liverpool private hire and Hackney's................ pulling them up left right and centre................ while 50,000 people were trying to go home.....

Wirral drivers just slipped in unnoticed :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:07 pm 

toots wrote:

Customer pricing is already done, it costs £3.20 to get in the vehicle and then it costs £1.40 for each mile thereof and 30p for every minute you make me wait for you. Customers don't always go straight from A to B so accurate pricing prior to trip is not always available

Yeah - those 80,000 minicabs in London must be wrong :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 pm 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

Customer pricing is already done, it costs £3.20 to get in the vehicle and then it costs £1.40 for each mile thereof and 30p for every minute you make me wait for you. Customers don't always go straight from A to B so accurate pricing prior to trip is not always available

What :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:15 pm 

toots wrote:
captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

What :?

theres about 80,000 minicabs in London working to a system now - in actual fact - I seem to think a LA could actually insist on the same system in the provinces already - the contract is between the passenger and the operator.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:20 pm 

Captain Cab wrote:
theres about 80,000 minicabs in London working to a system now - in actual fact - I seem to think a LA could actually insist on the same system in the provinces already - the contract is between the passenger and the operator.

That's how it is anyway, what you chatting about?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:22 pm 

toots wrote:

](*,)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:23 pm 

toots wrote:
Captain Cab wrote:

Toots... I think you will find that the private hire companies here advertise themselves as agents for the driver...... meaning the book stops with the driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:25 pm 

toots wrote:

As if you needed it said for your head to get any bigger ffs :lol:

Taxi licensing would be an awful lot more simple if they just left it to me, of course in any new act they'd have to include the word c*nt, but that aside..... :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:27 pm 

MR T wrote:
toots wrote:
Captain Cab wrote:

Toots... I think you will find that the private hire companies here advertise themselves as agents for the driver...... meaning the book stops with the driver

All this because they suggested that the price has to be up front :roll: Thanks Mr T for explaining that which CC chose not to.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:28 pm 

MR T wrote:

I think those private hire companies know little about contract law and even less about the 1976 act.......putting a few words on a contract with a driver doesn't derogate from their responsibilities.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:31 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Taxi licensing would be an awful lot more simple if they just left it to me, of course in any new act they'd have to include the word c*nt, but that aside..... :wink: :lol:

I think you will find that CAN'T always needs an apostrophe. :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:32 pm 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:

I think those private hire companies know little about contract law and even less about the 1976 act.......putting a few words on a contract with a driver doesn't derogate from their responsibilities.

I think it was the their contract lawyers that advise them to do so
:D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:34 pm 

Putting something in a Contract can't ever take precedence over legislation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:39 pm 

It is a sad day when large private hire companies can influence the making of a new act so that they can become the equivalent of the old mill owners of the 19th and 20th century... but I suppose money talks.... it certainly pays for good representation

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next