Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:47 am 

MR T wrote:
We have set the up a meeting with his team for December ...... they were only too happy to oblige...... in Sefton.

Don't forget, think Green. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:49 am 

Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:
We have set the up a meeting with his team for December ...... they were only too happy to oblige...... in Sefton.

Don't forget, think Green. :wink:

And dont forget about those 2500 private hire cars having to return if Unite get their way :lol:

CC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:55 am 

I think what 75% of English and Welsh cabbies, and 100% of English and Welsh PH need to consider is what price they are prepared to pay to keep 25% of English and Welsh cabs restricted. :?

Because folks it will be a very high one. :-k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:26 am 

Sussex wrote:
I think what 75% of English and Welsh cabbies, and 100% of English and Welsh PH need to consider is what price they are prepared to pay to keep 25% of English and Welsh cabs restricted. :?

Because folks it will be a very high one. :-k

How so?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:09 am 

are the minutes of the meetings going to be made poublic. so we can see what is being done in our names by some that we have not asked to do so.

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:09 am 

charles007 wrote:
are the minutes of the meetings going to be made poublic. so we can see what is being done in our names by some that we have not asked to do so.

I think so Charles.

CC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:49 pm 

toots wrote:
How so?

It is my view that the taxi trade will spend most of the time between now and implementation time (of the act) fighting to keep taxi quotas, and next to no time on the other issues like cross-border, ph operator licenses, ph picking up from the street, lack of enforcement, etc etc.

And the Law Commission might decide to give in on the quota issue in an unofficial deal to get the rest past.

Or is there anyone who thinks the trade wouldn't sell their granny's to keep quotas?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:58 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Or is there anyone who thinks the trade wouldn't sell their granny's to keep quotas?

My granny is long gone but I am quite prepared to offer the wife. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:00 pm 

grandad wrote:
Sussex wrote:

My granny is long gone but I am quite prepared to offer the wife. :mrgreen:

That's if she doesn't sell you first :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:40 pm 

I think that one of the most important issues will be the separation of the roles of the Hackney Cab and the Mini Cab/Private Hire Car and the setting of a definition of the type of Vehicle that can "Ply for Hire"..

Of course all the other issues are important but, I think that that one is the Premier Issue that all the others hang on,

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:55 pm 

The Law Commission.... interesting title... I wonder what they do.... maybe they have something to do with the law... but what law..... the reason we have laws in the Hackney and private hire trade is so that the public is protected... believe it or not from us..

But we not only have laws that are directly made for the Hackney and private hire trade. we also find ourselves affected by bigger laws.... the Disability Act / Equality Act.... I should imagine that making sure one set of laws does not interfere with EU legislation will be a headache.

Could you have a one Tear system ... with everyone having to have a wheelchair assistant vehicle.... you could not have a one Tear system with saloon vehicles and WAV's. it would be impossible to work out who drives what.. and how they pay for them...

I don't have a problem with delimitation... I have a problem with over supply.... it should be made law that all councils should be required to have a survey every three years and abide by it... councils that don't have a survey have absolutely no idea what type of service they are supplying to the public... now I know this would mean extra work for a great deal of lazy licensing officers..... but they do get paid to provide the service.... just a few thoughts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:01 pm 

Quote:
I don't have a problem with delimitation... I have a problem with over supply

I don't think you even believe you wrote that. :lol:

CC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:04 pm 

Quote:

But clearly those doing the so-called over supply don't, else they wouldn't.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:06 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

But clearly those doing the so-called over supply don't, else they wouldn't.

Translate to English please

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:15 pm 
MR T wrote:
I don't have a problem with delimitation... I have a problem with over supply.... it should be made law that all councils should be required to have a survey every three years and abide by it... councils that don't have a survey have absolutely no idea what type of service they are supplying to the public... now I know this would mean extra work for a great deal of lazy licensing officers..... but they do to get paid to provide the service.... just a few thoughts

=D> =D> \:D/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next