Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:25 am 

toots wrote:

One of our drivers used to sing that all time when we went out on the beer

yeah?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:29 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

One of our drivers used to sing that all time when we went out on the beer

yeah?

That was before he left us and his 'I love you long time' wife for another and swanned off to Leyland :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:29 am 

It's the ones stuck in the middle I care about the most.

In all the differnces the Soldier on "Policing" duties is in a horrible place...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAXVeocUaw

Watch it to the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:37 am 

Chris the Fish wrote:

:sad:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:39 am 

captain cab wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:

:sad:

I know it made me cry :sad:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:09 am 

My thoughts are with Carl, my daughter boyfriend, who is now in afghanistan, and about as far away from the cumbrian climate as is possible, ffs bring them home :sad:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 pm 

I think someone needs to say it but Wayne really did do an excellent job with Carlisle's response =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:02 pm 

MR T wrote:
wane

:lol:

I'm very peased to read that. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:04 pm 

MR T wrote:
I think someone needs to say it but Wayne really did do an excellent job with Carlisle's response =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:47 am 

Woe to you o earth and sea
For the devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows that time is short
Let him who hath understanding recon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
It's number is two hundred and three

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:36 am 

From one legal eagle I spoke to yesterday about the Carlisle response was that it is too lengthy and unlikely to get read in full as the LC won't have the time or staff to deal with it all. his view was that responses should be short and to the point. So far there;s been about 1200 responses and another 1000 expected!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:51 am 

roythebus wrote:
too lengthy and unlikely to get read in full as the LC won't have the time or staff to deal with it all.

They might not have to read it - the Captain is doing the Screenplay - MGM are looking for a quality Director - Soundtrack is mostly Queen with Proclaimers and Smiths supporting. MoD is to supply the Helicopters, bombs and bullets. The love angle comes from a lady just to the South of the Mersey tunnel and if all goes well the lead will be played by an alopecia challenged previously well known, from Carls Island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:57 am 

roythebus wrote:
From one legal eagle I spoke to yesterday about the Carlisle response was that it is too lengthy and unlikely to get read in full as the LC won't have the time or staff to deal with it all. his view was that responses should be short and to the point. So far there;s been about 1200 responses and another 1000 expected!

That'll make answering questions a little difficult - perhaps they should read the kindle version someone did :D

Considering some of the 'legal eagles' in Carlisle's own National organisation didn't read their response I wouldnt say you're too far away from the truth - sadly I understand Carlisle are currently looking at their position within their chosen National organisation with a view to leaving - they will consider their position after the AGM. They have had precious little support from other associations, they have been criticised by some within their national body - all this in a battle that will hardly affect them.

I personally believe the LC will read it - the majority of the opposition to their plans seem to have come from the author through taxitalk magazine and this site, I understand some of them enjoy reading what he writes because they have a sense of humour - I would be disappointed if they didnt do their level best to demolish it - especially considering a 4 page version is being done as a briefing paper for people who'll ask questions.

The rape statistics are interesting reading (page 102); it is interesting to notice how the report of Baroness Stern states rape costs £96K whereas the LC have it at £38K - this follows on from the massive error the LC originally made in respect of the turnover of the licensed industry - their original figure as people will recall was changed as a result of TDO.

The guesses the LC seem to have made in respect of sex crimes involving 'taxis', 'private hire' and vehicles pretending to be such were grossly under-estimated - approx 50% out - what really surprises me is the fact the stats were not too difficult to obtain - although the chap from Manchester who obtained them is a dedicated soul.

The balance of the LC document is questioned; there are acts incorrectly cited on numerous occassions and the list goes on.

I think they're more likely to read the Carlisle paper than some of those just answering questions (which is the major majority).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:58 am 

Chris the Fish wrote:
roythebus wrote:
too lengthy and unlikely to get read in full as the LC won't have the time or staff to deal with it all.

They might not have to read it - the Captain is doing the Screenplay - MGM are looking for a quality Director - Soundtrack is mostly Queen with Proclaimers and Smiths supporting. MoD is to supply the Helicopters, bombs and bullets.

:lol: :lol:

The famine scenes are quite harrowing - but I thought the addition of a serial killer was a stroke of genius.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:55 pm 

roythebus wrote:

Unless the legal eagle is a member of the LC team then it is an assumption and we all know how dangerous it is to assume. It is if nothing else an interesting and fact filled paper to read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next