Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:30 am 

Doom wrote:
The worry is it's been formed by unqualified people, granted they are in their own line of business but not one of them has ever done either PH or Hack work, so how can they know anything about it, ok they've been round asking the unwashed and probably bought a box load of Paracetamol for use at the end of the day, but it's still no substitute for knowing what you are talking about, we had an LO who was an ex driver from another area, finest man for the job until cancer got him and even before that when the top job was mooted about I said to him grab it, I don't have the right papers for it, so they gave it to a woman who might be bloody excellent at dealing with hot dog vans and pubs but is clueless when it comes to cabs,

So do you really think we would be more happy if the new act was written by LOs and drivers?

And the chances of getting an agreement? :?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 am 

Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:
Either is fine with me :D

See that's the point.

Many are saying the report is sh**, when, apart from the Captain, most of us can see some good things in the report.

Now that might for some be only a bit, but it ain't all bad.

Saying either is fine with me doesn't mean I think the report has good points and still doesn't answer what you think are good points but lets move on to the next point shall we and not end things at the first observation. My concern is all the assumptions that are made without any evidence from the LC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:30 pm 

toots wrote:
Saying either is fine with me doesn't mean I think the report has good points and still doesn't answer what you think are good points but lets move on to the next point shall we and not end things at the first observation. My concern is all the assumptions that are made without any evidence from the LC

If you are that ambivalent on such a major issue as the tiers, then really you can't address many of the other major points.

Your good friend the taxi quota will be gone with a one-tier system, but your enemy basic PH standards will also be irrelevant and not apply.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:46 pm 

I dont see all of these things going through,whats wrong with leaving things to local councils ? Whats good for one doesnt mean its good for all

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:50 pm 

blackpool wrote:
I dont see all of these things going through,whats wrong with leaving things to local councils ? Whats good for one doesnt mean its good for all

I sort of share that view on many issues, but not all. However the LC don't like 'regulatory capture'.

In relation to all going through or not, well the LC cleverly interlink many, if not all, of it's proposals.

So it will be, IMO, all or nothing, and I just can't see the nothing happening. Else they wouldn't have started.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:08 pm 

Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:

If you are that ambivalent on such a major issue as the tiers, then really you can't address many of the other major points.

Your good friend the taxi quota will be gone with a one-tier system, but your enemy basic PH standards will also be irrelevant and not apply.

My point is if they introduce a one tier system then that is fine as I will be answering the consultation as if it is a 2 tier system that will be implemented. If indeed a one tier system is introduced my concerns for the way taxis are run is important and whatever I say about ph will be irrelevant but I will have answered them with relevance if it is a 2 tier system. So can we now move on to the next point please

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 pm 

When the law commision was here i got the impression that there wasnt going to be one tier,i thought they made that clear.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:24 pm 

blackpool wrote:
When the law commision was here i got the impression that there wasnt going to be one tier,i thought they made that clear.

It seems that's what they've said to everybody but you can't trust anybody these days :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:27 pm 

toots wrote:
It seems that's what they've said to everybody but you can't trust anybody these days :shock:

There's an opt out 1 tier system in their document.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:28 pm 

toots wrote:
So can we now move on to the next point please

I would rather not actually, best you concentrate on your submission and me on mine.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:30 pm 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

A well written paragraph which doesn't mean what it implies. [-X

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:34 pm 

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

A well written paragraph which doesn't mean what it implies. [-X

What does it mean then?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:38 pm 

toots wrote:

What does it mean then?

Yeah......please explain.....because the document didnt seem to have a scooby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:54 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:
What does it mean then?

It means that the LC could write the new laws in such a way that primarily there is a two-tier system throughout England and Wales, which every LA must initially adopt once the legislation comes into being.

But also within the legislation would be the 'legal facility' for ANY LA to introduce a one-tier system, which I would presume would be irreversible.

That's what I call, 'getting splinter up your ar$e' because your sitting on the fence.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:53 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

What does it mean then?

They can have a one-tier by keeping taxi requirements at the same level as PH requirements.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next