Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 50733
Location: 1066 Country
Brighton cabbie played passenger anti-Covid vaccine podcast

A CABBIE was sent on a remedial training course after playing anti-vax podcasts to a passenger.

The Brighton and Hove taxi driver was given a warning and required to take the course after being caught using a “mobile device” to play the podcast last month.

The driver was one of 12 listed in a Brighton and Hove City Council report to have either had a warning or their licence revoked.

A report to the council’s licensing committee said that one cabbie’s licence was revoked last month after the driver was arrested.

Police detained the driver on suspicion of being involved with the supply of Class A drugs and tampering with in-cab security cameras.

Another driver’s licence was suspended for over-charging after a complaint about the driver’s conduct towards passengers in April.

A private hire driver licensed in Chichester was given a caution for waiting for passengers in a Brighton and Hove taxi rank in March.

The ranks are meant to be for the sole use of hackney carriage taxis licensed by Brighton and Hove City Council.

A local private hire driver was also cautioned for a rule breach in April.

Green councillor Steve Davis asked about how licensing officials dealt with infractions.

Licensing officer Alex Evans said that the council could caution or prosecute out-of-town drivers who broke the rules.

He told the meeting at Hove Town Hall: “With our own drivers, we have our enforcement policy so we can issue warnings.

“If a driver is caught twice and they’ve had a caution, and it’s within a reasonable amount of time, we will escalate that, depending on whether under enforcement policy we can look at prosecution.”

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 50733
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
A CABBIE was sent on a remedial training course after playing anti-vax podcasts to a passenger.

What a numpty. #-o

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 9051
By all means the guy can have an opinion but he'd be wise to keep it to himself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 6:33 am
Posts: 10557
Bit confusing this - was he pulled up because he was playing a podcast, or because it as an anti-vaccine podcast, or both?

And, I mean, does he really need to be sent on a 'remedial' training course? :-o

Why not just tell him not to do it again? :idea:

If he needs to be sent on a 'remedial training course' to work it out then perhaps he's unsuitable as a driver in the first place.

But I suspect it's intended to be more of a de facto punishment, like a two-week suspension, or whatever [-(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 50733
Location: 1066 Country
StuartW wrote:
Bit confusing this - was he pulled up because he was playing a podcast, or because it as an anti-vaccine podcast, or both?

And, I mean, does he really need to be sent on a 'remedial' training course? :-o

Why not just tell him not to do it again? :idea:

If he needs to be sent on a 'remedial training course' to work it out then perhaps he's unsuitable as a driver in the first place.

But I suspect it's intended to be more of a de facto punishment, like a two-week suspension, or whatever [-(

TBH I didn't know B&H council did 'remedial' training. #-o

Love to know what it consists of. :-k

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 17144
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
StuartW wrote:
Bit confusing this - was he pulled up because he was playing a podcast, or because it as an anti-vaccine podcast, or both?

And, I mean, does he really need to be sent on a 'remedial' training course? :-o

Why not just tell him not to do it again? :idea:

If he needs to be sent on a 'remedial training course' to work it out then perhaps he's unsuitable as a driver in the first place.

But I suspect it's intended to be more of a de facto punishment, like a two-week suspension, or whatever [-(

TBH I didn't know B&H council did 'remedial' training. #-o

Love to know what it consists of. :-k


behavioural modification sessions with a psychiatrist :-$

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 50733
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
TBH I didn't know B&H council did 'remedial' training. #-o

Love to know what it consists of. :-k

I will answer my own question.

https://www.bluelamptrust.org.uk/taxi-d ... al-course/

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group