Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:24 pm 

Brighton cabbie played passenger anti-Covid vaccine podcast

A CABBIE was sent on a remedial training course after playing anti-vax podcasts to a passenger.

The Brighton and Hove taxi driver was given a warning and required to take the course after being caught using a “mobile device” to play the podcast last month.

The driver was one of 12 listed in a Brighton and Hove City Council report to have either had a warning or their licence revoked.

A report to the council’s licensing committee said that one cabbie’s licence was revoked last month after the driver was arrested.

Police detained the driver on suspicion of being involved with the supply of Class A drugs and tampering with in-cab security cameras.

Another driver’s licence was suspended for over-charging after a complaint about the driver’s conduct towards passengers in April.

A private hire driver licensed in Chichester was given a caution for waiting for passengers in a Brighton and Hove taxi rank in March.

The ranks are meant to be for the sole use of hackney carriage taxis licensed by Brighton and Hove City Council.

A local private hire driver was also cautioned for a rule breach in April.

Green councillor Steve Davis asked about how licensing officials dealt with infractions.

Licensing officer Alex Evans said that the council could caution or prosecute out-of-town drivers who broke the rules.

He told the meeting at Hove Town Hall: “With our own drivers, we have our enforcement policy so we can issue warnings.

“If a driver is caught twice and they’ve had a caution, and it’s within a reasonable amount of time, we will escalate that, depending on whether under enforcement policy we can look at prosecution.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:26 pm 

Quote:
A CABBIE was sent on a remedial training course after playing anti-vax podcasts to a passenger.

What a numpty. #-o

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:54 pm 

By all means the guy can have an opinion but he'd be wise to keep it to himself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:15 am 

Bit confusing this - was he pulled up because he was playing a podcast, or because it as an anti-vaccine podcast, or both?

And, I mean, does he really need to be sent on a 'remedial' training course? :-o

Why not just tell him not to do it again? :idea:

If he needs to be sent on a 'remedial training course' to work it out then perhaps he's unsuitable as a driver in the first place.

But I suspect it's intended to be more of a de facto punishment, like a two-week suspension, or whatever [-(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:26 pm 

StuartW wrote:
Bit confusing this - was he pulled up because he was playing a podcast, or because it as an anti-vaccine podcast, or both?

And, I mean, does he really need to be sent on a 'remedial' training course? :-o

If he needs to be sent on a 'remedial training course' to work it out then perhaps he's unsuitable as a driver in the first place.

But I suspect it's intended to be more of a de facto punishment, like a two-week suspension, or whatever [-(

TBH I didn't know B&H council did 'remedial' training. #-o

Love to know what it consists of. :-k

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:03 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
StuartW wrote:

behavioural modification sessions with a psychiatrist :-$

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:02 pm 

Quote:

I will answer my own question.

https://www.bluelamptrust.org.uk/taxi-d ... al-course/