Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:10 pm 

JD wrote:
Sunday Mail

November 5, 2006, Sunday

Notorious Glasgow crime family the McGoverns have links to Network Private Hire, while Glasgow Private Hire is linked to controversial businessman Stevie Malcolm

Is that the same Mr Malcolm who is linked to 'The Paisley Cab Company' which just happens to be the only private hire firm in Paisley ?

'The Gryffe Cab Company' is also under the same ownership

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:15 pm 

JD wrote:
Sunday Mail

A spokeswoman for Transport Minister Tavish Scott said: "Following a public consultation, we will be making an announcement on the licensing of taxi offices."

Don't hold your breath for any legislation, anyone remember the Civic Government act review a few years ago, not to mention limo licensing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:31 am 

I think it's already done in london.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:39 am 

TDO wrote:
TornCasualty wrote:
Whilst what you say is factually correct, the fact that the registered office is also the home address of the two individuals concerned would possibly indicate otherwise - draw your own conclusions :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

By the way, if you do want to get involved with semantics, your paragraph above is totally contradictory - first you claim that I'm factually correct, then you say that something indicates otherwise.

Make up your mind :lol:

Semantics again but here goes.

Your statement that the directors of a company don't necessarily own the company is correct, what I then went on to state was that you could draw your own conclusions from the fact that the registered office was also the directors home address. Whilst possibly they don't own the company, in the real world it's highly unlikely - even you have to admit that.

David Coutts controlled Festival and quite possibly still does. However the hoops he jumps through to avoid legislation yet remain barely legal is well known in Scotland, and announcing his quitting as boss a nice, yet obvious move. His last little licensing avoidance scheme being the running of a bar in Edinburgh which masqueraded as a restaurant with an alcohol license rather than a bar. It closed down and then the company changed it's name when it took ownership of a private hire company in Edinburgh (As advertised in a full colour advert in the Edinburgh Evening News of 18 April 2006, which surprisingly enough featured a prominent local councillor). A private hire car company masquerading as a cab company. Spot the similarities...........

As I said before - where's JT with his corruption cries when you need them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damascus Moments - easy excuses for a sociopath

TDO the website of double standards and changing identities

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:03 am 

Well thanks for the mine of information, but my initial point was that the information that you provided per se was inconclusive, and perhaps your apparent need to provide additional information vindicates this?

The point is perhaps that it's often dangerous to draw inferences from inconclusive information - you could be right most of the time, but you'll trip yourself up eventually. For example, many companies use their accountants for their registered office address, so that tells us nothing about ownership.

As for the accusing me of semantics, don't you mean pedantic?

Thus I'll be pedantic and point out your use of the word semantic when you should have used pedantic :lol:

Post subject: Crim checks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:49 pm 

Rambo currently no crim checks on proprietors in London [if there was your prop would be out of business his treatment of YOU is criminal] we are pushing for it.Might suprise you that top man at BIGGEST company crim record prevents him from holding op licence.Currently in sons name.Nice eh???????????????????????
ORGANISE EDUCATE AGITATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:14 pm 

GMB, how do the PCO work out who is "fit and proper person" as stated on the licencensing forms for proprieters?.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:18 pm 

Rambo they do a crim check,but not ENHANCED as for drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!
OGANISE EDUCATE AGITATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:12 am 

GMB Branch secretary wrote:
Rambo they do a crim check,but not ENHANCED as for drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!
OGANISE EDUCATE AGITATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hence the reason your forced to do the union bit full time now. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:23 pm 

Just in case anyone wonders i am of course in possesion of an up to date PHV licence.
ORGANISE EDUCATE AGITATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:20 am 

GMB Branch secretary wrote:
Just in case anyone wonders i am of course in possesion of an up to date PHV licence.

I suspect no one is particularly interested in anything about you Terry.

You've shown your true colours, and for a man who proclaims much self-importance, its quite embarrasing. :roll:

Whilst I'm on the subject of let down's, I was thinking tonight about a problem that could come up on the 21st of this month, the night of your 'minicabs wanabe London Taxi's' meeting.

Does any of them know how to get there? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:18 am 

GBC wrote:

Apart from you it would appear. :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:03 am 

TornCasualty wrote:
Strange that back in March 2006 (not that interested to have checked more recently) David Martin Coutts and Jelena Coutts were both listed at companies house as company secretary and director respectively and were the only two appointments listed at that time for Festival City Cabs Ltd - so do you wish to retract your statement above :?: :?:

or explain it further :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

sorry for the late reply

my point is that Coutts has never been the owner of any PH company in edinburgh (and you know this and i bet you know a lot more than you let on) there have been reports in the press saying he was but this is not true and has never been and iam not aware that he has made any claims that he was but we all know the press never print the full facts as they are they always bend them just like you did by saying

"After his exposure as the owner of a swingers sex club in last weeks paper, David Coutts of Edinburgh's Festival Private Hire had "quit" as boss of his "cab" firm .

when the sunday mail on the 29 October 2006 said -
"Coutts, who also owns the capital's largest fleet of private hire taxis"
a lie but thats the press for you

and they printed on the 5 November 2006 -
"He quit as a taxi firm boss on Monday after the Mail revealed the club was his."

so why did you posted stuff that had not been printed in the sunday mail.

so its my turn to say "do not wish to retract anything"

as for what is posted at companys house i think TDO has given you a answer to that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:55 am 

Sussex wrote:
GBC wrote:

Apart from you it would appear. :-k

Anyone who talks and spouts as many lies as Flannaguff does, requires constant supervision, otherwise people might actualy believe him.

Then again? :lol: