Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Locked topics
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:54 pm 

hssc wrote:
Skull wrote:
Well set up a thread entitled "Cab*igger"?

No thank you.

There you go again #-o Try actually reading and digesting exactly what people say regarding your posts and if you do, one day, you might actually see beyond your narrow minded, self centred and ignorant views. Also for someone apparently no longer involved in the trade you seem to spend an inordinate length of time on a forum opinionating about its past present and future. Strange, as when I retire, the last place I will be visiting is an internet forum chatting about my former employment, still each to their own :D

Skull wrote:
I am more than happy to give you the definition of a "Cab*igger" and to explain how we came by this appropriate but derogatory term.

Again no thanks, I do not debate with ANYONE who cannot discuss matters in a fair reasonable and more importantly polite manner. You have demonstrated for all to see in your MANY posts that you cannot do so when you are met with a contrary opinion to yours.
Also can you explain why you use the term "we" in your reply??

Skull wrote:
Oh and if you disagree you would need to tell me where we have got it wrong? :-|

I will be nothing but civil in the debate... give it your best... :-|

Again by not ACTUALLY READING my last post you demonstrate clearly why a written or verbal debate with yourself is fruitless.
You answer again using "we".......interesting :?: I have clearly explained that in a normal debate with intelligent people the use of offensive, abusive or plain ignorant language is unnecessary and counter productive. I know you are not stupid Skull so don't try and take me for an idiot, I am not. I am more than a match for yourself in a debate on Taxi driving and the rights and wrongs of all the different views and opinions of others I have seen with a career spanning 30 years. Radio circuits, Committee's, Waverley, Airport, Ranks, Driver Rentals, Council, Taxi Schools, Taxi Inspector etc etc I am happy to debate any of the above with you. The problem is that amongst your 10,000 plus postings you continually post abusive, personal and insulting posts to people you do not agree with.
For that reason I would not debate anything in the future with you as it is tiresome trying to get passed your venom and bitterness towards the taxi trade in Edinburgh to have an informed debate with you.
So I politely reject your "kind" offer of a debate on the merits or otherwise of the term "Cab *igger"
If you actually feel that in a discussion of the taxi trade in Edinburgh merits the use of such language then you will not be debating with me. I am sure you will be gutted at that :D and quite possibly retort with a very pithy possibly derogatory response about my abilities or otherwise to debate with your good self. #-o
I think I will follow what many others have done, just ignore your posts and you can then convince yourself that as few people actually argue with you, you must be right :lol:
I wish you all the best and please do not be too upset when I ignore any reply you make on this issue towards myself :D

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:34 pm 

hssc wrote:
Skull wrote:

No thank you.

There you go again #-o Try actually reading and digesting exactly what people say regarding your posts and if you do, one day, you might actually see beyond your narrow minded, self centred and ignorant views. Also for someone apparently no longer involved in the trade you seem to spend an inordinate length of time on a forum opinionating about its past present and future. Strange, as when I retire, the last place I will be visiting is an internet forum chatting about my former employment, still each to their own :D

Skull wrote:
I am more than happy to give you the definition of a "Cab*igger" and to explain how we came by this appropriate but derogatory term.

Again no thanks, I do not debate with ANYONE who cannot discuss matters in a fair reasonable and more importantly polite manner. You have demonstrated for all to see in your MANY posts that you cannot do so when you are met with a contrary opinion to yours.

Skull wrote:
Oh and if you disagree you would need to tell me where we have got it wrong? :-|

Again by not ACTUALLY READING my last post you demonstrate clearly why a written or verbal debate with yourself is fruitless.
You answer again using "we".......interesting :?: I have clearly explained that in a normal debate with intelligent people the use of offensive, abusive or plain ignorant language is unnecessary and counter productive. I know you are not stupid Skull so don't try and take me for an idiot, I am not. I am more than a match for yourself in a debate on Taxi driving and the rights and wrongs of all the different views and opinions of others I have seen with a career spanning 30 years. Radio circuits, Committee's, Waverley, Airport, Ranks, Driver Rentals, Council, Taxi Schools, Taxi Inspector etc etc I am happy to debate any of the above with you. The problem is that amongst your 10,000 plus postings you continually post abusive, personal and insulting posts to people you do not agree with.
For that reason I would not debate anything in the future with you as it is tiresome trying to get passed your venom and bitterness towards the taxi trade in Edinburgh to have an informed debate with you.
So I politely reject your "kind" offer of a debate on the merits or otherwise of the term "Cab *igger"
If you actually feel that in a discussion of the taxi trade in Edinburgh merits the use of such language then you will not be debating with me. I am sure you will be gutted at that :D and quite possibly retort with a very pithy possibly derogatory response about my abilities or otherwise to debate with your good self. #-o
I think I will follow what many others have done, just ignore your posts and you can then convince yourself that as few people actually argue with you, you must be right :lol:
I wish you all the best and please do not be too upset when I ignore any reply you make on this issue towards myself :D

I read your post hssc and quite frankly, I found none of it's content revealing or relevant. It all really comes down to you being a cab*igger and not having the intelligence to understand where the term came from and why it so appropriate when applied to yourself or your trade. :-| Oh and I am not trying to be insulting and I think you will find that I rarely abuse people before they insult me first. [-X

And the reason I continue to post is for my own amusement and in the vain hope that one day, you and your muckers might actually want to be more than just Cab*iggers. The fact is, you do not have a clue what it is to be a Cab*gger because you don't have the ability to comprehend or to profit from your experience, hence you are what you are... :sad:

However, I am more than happy to help you with your education, so give me a little while and I'll get back to you with an explanation. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:47 pm 

Cabby John 1 wrote:
hssc wrote:
Skull wrote:

No thank you.

Skull wrote:

Skull wrote:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Cabby John 1 writes:
Quote:
As ever sort the chaff out from the weed, a saying that applies very much to people.

You really need to stay away from forums. #-o #-o #-o #-o Why don't you try something a little less challenging like CBeebies??? It's targeted more at your mental age. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:12 pm 

Cabby John 1 wrote:
hssc wrote:
Skull wrote:

No thank you.

Skull wrote:

Skull wrote:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:55 pm 

les mcvay wrote:
I know it's like a red rag to a bull and I really must try harder not to bite.
I know how good the taxi trade can be and have seen youngsters coming through and making a very good living from sitting behind a wheel supplying a first class service. I find it hard to resist challenging someone who has been thrown out of the trade and even when he had a licence spent most of his working day on his soapbox at the Haymarket Rank spouting the same rhetoric we get on here. No wonder he has a different view of the trade to the vast majority of the hard working drivers who make a good living.
All he can fall back on again and again is the obnoxious reference to cabn*ggers.

Maybe if more decent drivers stood up to this level of utter nonsense, you included grandad, I could stay away.
It is interesting to note that you, grandad, object more to me re-appearing than you do to the above description of the drivers within our honourable trade.
Shame on you.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Don't blame grandad he's standing as a candidate for the Conservatives :shock:

We're all just giving Skull oxygen by engaging with him. A man that was unceremoniously ejected from the cab trade and hates it so much he can't keep away from a forum about taxi driving :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a grown man and i use that terminology very loosely, its sad that you still have the mindset of a prepubescent teen who thinks he's more intelligent than others.

If you're such a genius why not do something with your talent?

"I'm going to tell you the story about the geese which fly 5,000 miles from Canada to France. They fly in V-formation but the second ones don't fly. They're the subs for the first ones. And then the second ones take over - so it's teamwork."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:12 pm 

Artur and molshy wrote:
les mcvay wrote:
I know it's like a red rag to a bull and I really must try harder not to bite.
I know how good the taxi trade can be and have seen youngsters coming through and making a very good living from sitting behind a wheel supplying a first class service. I find it hard to resist challenging someone who has been thrown out of the trade and even when he had a licence spent most of his working day on his soapbox at the Haymarket Rank spouting the same rhetoric we get on here. No wonder he has a different view of the trade to the vast majority of the hard working drivers who make a good living.
All he can fall back on again and again is the obnoxious reference to cabn*ggers.

Maybe if more decent drivers stood up to this level of utter nonsense, you included grandad, I could stay away.
It is interesting to note that you, grandad, object more to me re-appearing than you do to the above description of the drivers within our honourable trade.
Shame on you.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Don't blame grandad he's standing as a candidate for the Conservatives :shock:

We're all just giving Skull oxygen by engaging with him. A man that was unceremoniously ejected from the cab trade and hates it so much he can't keep away from a forum about taxi driving :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a grown man and i use that terminology very loosely, its sad that you still have the mindset of a prepubescent teen who thinks he's more intelligent than others.

If you're such a genius why not do something with your talent?

I couldn't be less intelligent than you lot. #-o Oh and try and keep up... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26774

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:20 pm 

To all,

Step 1......Click User control panel

Step 2...... Click Friend or Foe

Step 3.......Click Manage Foes

Step 4........In the box add new foes type Skull.

Step 5.......Click Submit.

Aaaaaaaah peace :D

"I'm going to tell you the story about the geese which fly 5,000 miles from Canada to France. They fly in V-formation but the second ones don't fly. They're the subs for the first ones. And then the second ones take over - so it's teamwork."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:27 pm 

Artur and molshy wrote:
To all,

Step 1......Click User control panel

Step 2...... Click Friend or Foe

Step 3.......Click Manage Foes

Step 4........In the box add new foes type Skull.

Step 5.......Click Submit.

Aaaaaaaah peace :D

What? And deprive yourself of an education. #-o #-o #-o #-o

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:19 pm 

Skull wrote:
Well set up a thread entitled "Cab*igger"? I am more than happy to give you the definition of a "Cab*igger" and to explain how we came by this appropriate but derogatory term. Oh and if you disagree you would need to tell me where we have got it wrong? :-|

I quite like you Mr Skull, but personally I hate that phrase. :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:44 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Skull wrote:
Well set up a thread entitled "Cab*igger"? I am more than happy to give you the definition of a "Cab*igger" and to explain how we came by this appropriate but derogatory term. Oh and if you disagree you would need to tell me where we have got it wrong? :-|

I quite like you Mr Skull, but personally I hate that phrase. :sad:

Aye it does have a certain ring to it... :shock: