Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:58 pm 

Evil past of taxi rapist James Walmsley

A TAXI driver who raped and sexually molested vulnerable women in his cab could have been stopped by bungling council bosses years earlier. James Walmsley was yesterday convicted of a string of terrifying assaults on three female passengers in the back of his hackney cab.

Now, the ECHO can reveal how the 37-year-old Merseysider had sex with a 14-year-old girl in his taxi, who claimed she was over the age of consent, nine years ago. Liverpool council’s licensing department knew of the attack, but astonishingly allowed Walmsley to keep driving the streets of Liverpool.

After he admitted sex with a minor in February, 2000, Walmsley was hauled before a panel by the licensing authority. But, because the cabbie was not jailed for the sex attack, and he was of previous good character, he kept his licence and remained a taxi driver.

Seven years later, Walmsley raped and sexually assaulted two lone teenagers and a woman in his cab on three separate occasions. Today, town hall chiefs said sorry for the catastrophic decision that allowed the Orrell Park man to prey on female passengers once again. And they insisted that Liverpool council licensing procedures had been rigorously changed to stop repeat blunders.

In July, 2007, Walmsley picked up a 19-year-old woman on Dale Street, Liverpool city centre, and when just yards from her home, climbed into the back of the car and began to molest her. He then carried on driving to a deserted MFI superstore car park in Bootle where he raped her twice.

Months later, on April 5, 2008, Walmsley picked up a 17-year-old girl, again on Dale Street. He kissed and molested her after pulling up close to her Huyton home. In the final attack, on June 22, last year, he indecently assaulted and exposed himself to a 23-year-old woman as he took her back to Dovecot. His victim managed to escape and raise the alarm.

Yesterday, Walmsley was found guilty of two counts of rape and five sexual assaults. The case was adjourned for sentencing until June 5, and Walmsley was bailed, an action which Judge Gilmour said was “exceptional”. He is under a curfew with an electronic tag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:43 am 
FFS what the hell were the Council playing at letting this scumbag keep his licence?? The women should be taking the Council to court.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:43 am 

How did he get bail?

A convicted serial rapist is walking the streets?

Quote:
Yesterday, Walmsley was found guilty of two counts of rape and five sexual assaults. The case was adjourned for sentencing until June 5, and Walmsley was bailed, an action which Judge Gilmour said was “exceptional”. He is under a curfew with an electronic tag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:51 pm 

Nigel wrote:
FFS what the hell were the Council playing at letting this scumbag keep his licence?? The women should be taking the Council to court.

It's certainly something I'd look into. It's about time the councils were made to take responsibility for the decisions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:57 pm 
Don't you ppl know nothing, Britain has been turned on it's head, the magnetic fields have reversed, anyone wishing to steal from you, harm you or simply just play you up MUST be allowed to do so, in turn anyone with some spunk still residing in their balls who will go out and try to right things shall face imprisonment for a minimum of 10 yrs with 50 being the recommended average, how is a lazy scumbag going to be able to afford an iPhone or a Sony 70 inch Plasma tv if he's prevented from stealing from those that work, c'mon, where's ya charity, the rapist probably didn't have enough readies to go to Thailand to have sex, so why be so hard on him when he helped himself, the victim probably said no, but that word doesn't exist in the Concise Scum Dictionary so he probably would've thought her screaming was the pleasure he was giving her, have a heart, bend over and drop your shorts, help the guy out it's not his fault if no one wants to swap fluids with him is it. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:02 pm 

Quote:
have a hard, bend over and drop your shorts, help the guy out it's not his fault if no one wants to swap fluids with him is it. :roll:

Did you mean have 'a heart' :? I'm sure lots of people will now be happy to swap fluids with him if and when they lock him up.

You seem a little cynical doom is life grinding you down :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:11 pm 
toots wrote:
Quote:
have a hard, bend over and drop your shorts, help the guy out it's not his fault if no one wants to swap fluids with him is it. :roll:

Did you mean have 'a heart' :? I'm sure lots of people will now be happy to swap fluids with him if and when they lock him up.

You seem a little cynical doom is life grinding you down :wink:

Absolutely Toots, it's a good job lifes not Win ME, or that I have the last finger on the launch button, time and again ppl can state the obvious and those elected to do the right thing just don't have the time to correct things, reboot,reboot,reboot. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:19 pm 

Quote:
it's a good job lifes not Win ME

That's not something I'd worry about cos I couldn't win a booby prize :lol: :lol: Not that winning you would be such a bad thing surely :wink:

Quote:
those elected to do the right thing just don't have the time to correct things

I don't think it's not having the time (and here's the cynic in me coming out) I think by the time they come to do the right thing they've been corrupted and the right thing doesn't seem quite so appealing any more eusasmiles.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:23 pm 
toots wrote:
Quote:
it's a good job lifes not Win ME

That's not something I'd worry about cos I couldn't win a booby prize :lol: :lol: Not that winning you would be such a bad thing surely :wink:

Quote:
those elected to do the right thing just don't have the time to correct things

I don't think it's not having the time (and here's the cynic in me coming out) I think by the time they come to do the right thing they've been corrupted and the right thing doesn't seem quite so appealing any more eusasmiles.zip

Win Millenium Edition ya blinkin blonde :mrgreen:

They're corrupted from the start, born infiltrators, we've just had one with her hand in the purse to 66k, sad thing is I thought she was one of the good guys having known her for so long, but all it turns out is shes just the same as the rest of them :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:35 pm 

:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's Millenium Edition :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:16 am 
toots wrote:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's Millenium Edition :?

It's a great new TV show Toots, where naked men walk around helping old ladies out and strike oiled up Adonis stances, it's on Blondes & Motors channel at 8pm Tuesdays, set yer PVR luv :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:38 am 

What's a PVR :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:40 am 
toots wrote:

You're playing with me now :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:48 am 

Doom wrote:
toots wrote:

You know I really wish I was. I was thinking video recorder but that's out of date and I couldn't fit the 'P' in :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:53 am 
toots wrote:
Doom wrote:
toots wrote:

You know I really wish I was. I was thinking video recorder but that's out of date and I couldn't fit the 'P' in :?

The P means Personal hun, you had the rest right.