Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:00 pm 

Croydon teenager punched taxi driver 'with all her force' after being asked for the fare

A Croydon teenager punched a taxi driver “with all her force” after being asked to pay money for the fare. Teenager Katie Murtagh launched the assault in George Street after being asked for the fare up-front because the driver feared she would run off without paying.

But the taxi driver had to flee from his car after she delivered with her left and right hands as he prepared to take the drunk passenger home.

The 19-year-old had been out in the early hours and taken drugs and drank heavily at the Bad Apple, Croydon Magistrates' Court heard. Murtagh , of Crowley Crescent in Waddon, appeared at the court on Thursday (February 15) and pleaded guilty to the January 30 assault.

Julie Idowu, prosecuting, said: “She got into a taxi with her friend. “The taxi driver believed that the pair might not pay for their fare, he asked for payment up front. “The defendant has punched the taxi driver in the head. He had to exit his vehicle.

“He felt like she was punching with all her force. “She had been in drink and stated that she had taken drugs.”

Murtagh pleaded guilty to the offence, accepting she assaulted someone who was performing a service for the public. She stated that she wants to work to stop drinking after learning a lesson from the violent incident.

Murtagh said: “It’s completely out of character for me. I’m not a violent person. “I have got a very good heart. “I had smoked a joint. I have no recollection at all. “I remember being in the Bad Apple then waking up.

“I have definitely, definitely learned a lesson. I would like to get dry.” She was given a conditional discharge and ordered to pay £150 in compensation for the assault.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:29 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Quote:
“I have definitely, definitely learned a lesson. I would like to get dry.” She was given a conditional discharge and ordered to pay £150 in compensation for the assault.

yup tell the judge what he wants to hear and you too can get away with it :roll: